Select Captain Feature (Android)

Loving the game, but can't quite seem to get the hang of the choose the captain feature. When he is not playing--or when he is subbed--the captaincy seems to default to the keeper. Is there any way to make sure it goes to the person with the next highest Leadership or put in a Vice-Captain (perhaps in future updates)? As a result, I am too-frequently manually resetting the Captain.

It would be nice to be able to set a club captain, who always takes that role when he's playing, rather than having to reset the captaincy again and again. I'm finding that the captaincy defaults to another player with decent leadership, rather than automatically going to the keeper. However, since my keeper has decent leadership and is the only player who is likely to play every game of the season, he often ends up with the captaincy eventually (until I can be bothered to reset it).

Setting the captaincy outside of matches seems needlessly fiddly to me. You're taken to the squad screen before the match, realise that your usual captain needs a rest, but instead of being able to assign a new captain then and there you have to go out of the squad screen, into tactics, then into "set captain". It would be easier if it was an extra action on the player profile.

Setting the captaincy outside of matches seems needlessly fiddly to me. You're taken to the squad screen before the match, realise that your usual captain needs a rest, but instead of being able to assign a new captain then and there you have to go out of the squad screen, into tactics, then into "set captain". It would be easier if it was an extra action on the player profile.

Completely agree. Nice feature to have, but a real pain in the backside to implement at the moment.

Archived