Contract negotiation - Squad status problem

So every time i try to negotiate contract with Ryan Giggs, i have the same problem. His squad status always turns red and reset to "None selected", so i never get feedback from him about contract.

He accepted only once, and this is when i offerd him best avalible options (keyplayer, 190k pw, 8,75M signing fee etc...), Even if i offer him 80k (which is his current salary) he refuses... It's really anoying, because i don't want him to leave after this season...

Screen (This happens after every proposal):

ryan-giggs-contract-cont.png

I would just cut your loses and spend £80k p/w on someone younger.
Doesn't stop it potentially being a bug needing addressed. Correct as your advice may be it isn't especially 'helpful', did you just make up those meaningless trinkets from FMCU? P.s. - it was a joke

Has Giggs stated he will retire? (if so then still a bug as he says he is delighted to be in negotiations)

Have you tried locking the squad status?

He did not say anything about retirement. I just reccomeded him coach role and he accepted. Nothing about retirement though....

Locking squad status doesn't help... He just exits negotiaton and i can't proceed, even if i offer him key role...

If you wait until the last few days of his contract he'll come down a bit. I agree that the initial demands are too high and I've logged this as a bug elsewhere, so I do know SI know about that.

He can be worth another season in my experience, particularly for his experience (tutoring, quiet head), but he is pricey.

His average rating this season is 7.10 and this is pretty good in my opinion. So another season would be nice.

If worse comes to worst i'll try and use some real time editing software to extend his contract... Eventough i hate software of this kind...

I've gotten this with some players. Tried to approach certain older players for free transfer, but they wanted a 'Non-Contract".

I have a screenie I will try and post tomorrow.

Has happened to recently retired players. Tried to sign them as scouts, they want a non-contract, so I change it to Full time and offer them peanuts and they accept.

The players on the other hand, won't budge, and want a non-contract.

Archived