not all about cup wins....need more acknowledge-ment

i sometimes play different types of games on football manager, by this i mean i start a new game with the sole purpose of different objectives e.g

buy players only under the age of 21

cannot spend a penny on a player

i got £100m cash in bank to take a non league team to the prem

must take a division 3 in scotland to the spl

must manager in each country i select and win atleast either 1 promotion or 1 cup

recently i decided to only manage teams who are in a relegation battle. now after taking 7 teams from being in a relegation battle, and survivng i leave as my contract runs out. i see myself as a club saviour however, im not a "big name" or even worth some teams looking at. they laugh off my interest. should be more acknowledgement for someone whos doing it at the bottom end of the table

That said, someone who saves multiple teams from relegation should be seen as a viable candidate for jobs in the relegation zone at a similar level.

As in the game should be better at recognising smaller achievements such as that, but of course shouldn't overvalue them.

Just now if you take over a club adrift at the bottom of the table at christmas and keep then keep them up the game doesn't seem bothered at all, whereas it should establish you as a reasonable choice for relegation zone teams at that level

I took over a team who had 2 points halfway through the season and saved them from relegation (with a little reloading, so it's not really something to brag about). However, the board was only "satisfied" with what I had done for the club. Saving clubs from relegation must be recognized both by the board and the rest of the footballing world, just like it is in real life.

Archived