Oh, I'm sorry Ashley Young, is the FA Cup boring you? Would you like me to fetch you a book?

What exactly do you do about players who are persistently "Looking Uninterested" during matches? I don't want to drop the little bleeder as he does have an uncanny knack of being in the right place in the 18-yard box to pounce on a loose ball for a goal.

His mentals don't fit the team. Play him every game to drive up his value. I sold him for 21m to Chelsea and though this made the board slightly grumpy it was very worth seeing him benched there, UNH, REQ, LST just 2 months later.

The team talks are a joke and so bugged it's untrue, nobody should be uninterested so frequently. I really hate the "you're playing well but don't get complacent". xxxx is angry, wtf I said you're playing well, don't switch off. I could go on and on.....

I don't like the team talks either. There's never really anything specific enough for what I want to say. If I were you I'd hold off the group chat and do it by defenders, midfielders and attackers. Maybe even individually. You might get a better result.

Out of interest, what is his mood before you talk compared to the rest of the team?

Seven seasons into an FM12 save and the team talks are always the same for my team which whilst extremely repetitive, work to great effect.

Before EVERY game I do the overall team talk of "show me what you can do" then the "I have faith/believe you have what it takes" talk to the defenders, midfielders and strikers. This always makes nearly the whole team happy/motivated/fired up.

I never talk individually to a player before a game as the above always makes them all happy/motivates them, regardless of their body language.

At half time if I'm winning by 2 or more goals I do an overall "pleased/keep it up". If I'm only winning by 1 goal I do the "I have faith/believe you have what it takes" talk to the defenders, midfielders and strikers. If I'm drawing or losing I do the overall "not happy/disappointed at performance” talk.

I never talk individually to a player at half time as the above always makes them all happy/motivates them regardless of their body language or the score.

I personally think its too easy to keep everyone motivated and moral high using the team talks and I’ve won league and cup titles in 4 different countries using them as I’ve explained. Any rare incidents of a player looking uninterested are just ignored as they don’t appear to have any impact on the overall team performance.

He is likely uninterested in playing for you, not in the FA cup. First season inexperienced manager?

I didn't pick the top level reputation, but I didn't pick the bottom one either. But it's not like we aren't doing well. Three seasons in and he has won 2 FA Cups with me, 1 League Cup, and 1 Premier League title.

I wouldn't have even signed him except that the thing with Arsenal is that most of their dead wood are also their HG players - Bendtner, Denilson, Djourou, Carlos Vela...so I was trying to replace them with half decent English signings, among them Mr. Ashley Young and Mr. Chris Smalling from (who is great and who never moans).

Seven seasons into an FM12 save and the team talks are always the same for my team which whilst extremely repetitive, work to great effect.

Before EVERY game I do the overall team talk of "show me what you can do" then the "I have faith/believe you have what it takes" talk to the defenders, midfielders and strikers. This always makes nearly the whole team happy/motivated/fired up.

I never talk individually to a player before a game as the above always makes them all happy/motivates them, regardless of their body language.

At half time if I'm winning by 2 or more goals I do an overall "pleased/keep it up". If I'm only winning by 1 goal I do the "I have faith/believe you have what it takes" talk to the defenders, midfielders and strikers. If I'm drawing or losing I do the overall "not happy/disappointed at performance” talk.

I never talk individually to a player at half time as the above always makes them all happy/motivates them regardless of their body language or the score.

I personally think its too easy to keep everyone motivated and moral high using the team talks and I’ve won league and cup titles in 4 different countries using them as I’ve explained. Any rare incidents of a player looking uninterested are just ignored as they don’t appear to have any impact on the overall team performance.

I basically do the exact same in FM13. I did the same FM12 too. Works every time. Works even better if you have high rep and/or on their favourite personnel list.

Once in my MU team i got (Nani, Valencia, Bale[new signing], kagawa) all injured together and i had to play cleverly, young on the wings, with rooney, welbeck on strikeforce(persie is always injured half of the season in fm). At that point of time Young and Cleverly were simply magnificient. I think it was all English factor working.

Archived