Club reputation (Rangers), how much does it takes before it will grow?

I was just wondering how much it takes for the club reputation to grow? I'm playing with Rangers, won the SPL 4 times in a row now, i've been in the euro cup semifinals twice in four years, Rangers are currently ranked number 19 on the ranking list, been playing solid in champions league.

But still my it seems like my club reputation is the same. My economy has improved, the clubs is currently valued at 80 million pounds.

So I was just wondering what does it actualley takes for the reputation to grow? And also, in previous FM's, I think you could see the clubs reputation, at the clubs information screen, along with the value and so on, I can't seem to find that in FM 13. I don't know if I remember correctly, but perhaps someone else know.

I managed Celtic in my current save for 12 years, getting them to a Europa League final and a CL quarter final along with 11 SPL titles in a row and my club rep hardly grew.

The problem I think is on multiple fronts. The league reputation is shocking to start with.

The reputations and the finances of all the other clubs in the leagues are rubbish, so they wont be attracting top players, wont be able to compete in Europe, wont be able to help increase the rep of the league and so your job of increasing your club rep is made that much more difficult.

Factor in the fact that in terms of competition wins there are already clubs out there with 9 CL wins to their names, tons of cash and a much more competitive, cash rich league and when you think about it, it really should be all but impossible in game to raise the rep of any SPL club significantly in game, as lets face it the dice are well and truly loaded against us irl in this regards with the likes of the CL seedings always putting us up against the likes of Barca should any of our clubs manage to get to the group stages in the first place.

Many thanks slipknot.

Yeah the SPL's rep isn't the best, but I still thought that the clubs individual reputation could grow due to better economy, number of titles and the performance in europe.

But with the factors you mention, I can understand why my clubs reputation isn't higher.

Many thanks slipknot.

Yeah the SPL's rep isn't the best, but I still thought that the clubs individual reputation could grow due to better economy, number of titles and the performance in europe.

But with the factors you mention, I can understand why my clubs reputation isn't higher.

Yeah, I should probably clarify I'm not advocating making any league in the game reputationally stagnant with no possibility of individual clup rep expansion, just that it should basically take a lot of patience, hard work and in the case of leagues like the SPL a very long time to get any one club to be viewed as on a par with the likes of Barca, R. Madrid, AC Milan, Juve, Bayern etc and in that respect I think as things are, from what I've experienced so far in FM13 SI are doing a pretty good job of mirroring the way things work irl in regards to this area of the game.

I'm now 8 seasons in and i have only managed to take the SPL up a half star to 3 stars, it will take a hell of a long time to improve this any further. Its also ment Celtic have run away with the league almost every season.

That's the one thing that always stops me from making my first and usually only save on FM a one club adventure, building a dynasty in the style of Fergie, which I'd love to be able to do but in my last season as Celtic manager in my current save I'd won the SPL by 39 points with 100 points total and a G.D of +85. Having rep grow so slowly though meant continually under-performing in Europe, so in this save when Arsenal came calling I couldn't resist the lure of a new challenge.

Yeah, I should probably clarify I'm not advocating making any league in the game reputationally stagnant with no possibility of individual clup rep expansion, just that it should basically take a lot of patience, hard work and in the case of leagues like the SPL a very long time to get any one club to be viewed as on a par with the likes of Barca, R. Madrid, AC Milan, Juve, Bayern etc and in that respect I think as things are, from what I've experienced so far in FM13 SI are doing a pretty good job of mirroring the way things work irl in regards to this area of the game.

You're absolutely right about that, it should take a long time. And that's probably what I was wondering about, because it seems to me, that it was much easier in previous FM's to grow your clubs rep, but in FM13, as you said, it simulates IRL much better. And that's the way it should be

That's the one thing that always stops me from making my first and usually only save on FM a one club adventure, building a dynasty in the style of Fergie, which I'd love to be able to do but in my last season as Celtic manager in my current save I'd won the SPL by 39 points with 100 points total and a G.D of +85. Having rep grow so slowly though meant continually under-performing in Europe, so in this save when Arsenal came calling I couldn't resist the lure of a new challenge.

Yeah i would never choose Celtic purely because it just wouldnt interest me enough, the only hard thing is keeping a hold of your top players, and even then in this FM, its not overly hard to hold onto them if you want too. With the dons its much harder, no money for the first 3/4 years and no quality willing to move here, but even then im kinda stuck at the moment. Celtic are so far ahead in terms of playing squad and finances, it will take me another 3/4 years before i get anywhere near them.

Yeah i would never choose Celtic purely because it just wouldnt interest me enough, the only hard thing is keeping a hold of your top players, and even then in this FM, its not overly hard to hold onto them if you want too. With the dons its much harder, no money for the first 3/4 years and no quality willing to move here, but even then im kinda stuck at the moment. Celtic are so far ahead in terms of playing squad and finances, it will take me another 3/4 years before i get anywhere near them.

After I was promoted to the SPL it took me 4 years to win the title, so you're absolutely right. My finances were still not good, but then I sold a player for 33 million pounds, I signed at the end of his contract, and that combined with me winning the title and qualifying for the champions league, turned it around for me. But the challenge with being Rangers is almost over now, unless I wanna play the next 10 years to try and get the club and SPL rep up, and winning the champions league. I haven't decided yet

what if you were to start a SPL save but not as Celtic, say Dundee Utd and if you were to be successful as well as Celtic and maybe later in the game Rangers once promoted of course would this help with the league getting a better rep. If 3 clubs are always challenging domestically as well as in europe would this all be beneficial to the scottish game? I haven't tried the SPL so i cant comment on it but in the Juve game i have im 4 seasons in and am way ahead of everyone, in terms of cash and reputation, but cannot attract the very cream of europe from the very top clubs and i think this is because the competition for the league title is pretty much at zero.

what if you were to start a SPL save but not as Celtic, say Dundee Utd and if you were to be successful as well as Celtic and maybe later in the game Rangers once promoted of course would this help with the league getting a better rep. If 3 clubs are always challenging domestically as well as in europe would this all be beneficial to the scottish game? I haven't tried the SPL so i cant comment on it but in the Juve game i have im 4 seasons in and am way ahead of everyone, in terms of cash and reputation, but cannot attract the very cream of europe from the very top clubs and i think this is because the competition for the league title is pretty much at zero.

I am doing exactly this with Aberdeen (herbert is doing one with St Johnstone i think, as well). The hard part is the rest of the SPL, in my game Rangers have never really recovered, they are back in the SPL, but they are not a force, outwith the old firm there are no teams that are able to constantly push, because whenever they get some good players, they get poached after a season or two. The money they take in usually is not brilliant, certainly not enough to re-build the club and it usually gets spent on dross players anyway. In my game Motherwell have bulit a great team, but full of ex EPL players and old Scottish internationals, in 2 seasons time they will be terrible, and the club will never be able to replace the quality it has with players of the same quality, not unless its more old close to retiring players.

For my team i have just sold a regen for £9M, this will cover me for two years, but i wont be able to go out and spend the £9M, in order to keep competitive i have to overspend on wages for the players i have to keep them happy, this means selling at least one big player a season to cover me, keeping in mind most scottish clubs have terrible facilities so getting them up to an acceptable standard costs £10-15M which is about 5/6 seasons of selling players and keeping the squad competitive.

The SPL hasn't been improving in my save either. St. Mirren got taken over by a tycoon but haven't really made much of it apart from one 2nd place finish. Hearts won the league one year but dropped away again. Rangers nearly got relegated their first season back up but are currently battling with st. mirren and myself for 2nd/3rd/4th, though I have been second the last 4 years.

The big (realistic) problem is the European seedings. This years CL qualifier I was drawn v Benfica, lost 3-2 on aggregate, then drawn v Liverpool in Europa League qualifier lost 2-2 on away goals. I don't really see myself making it past that stage unless I get super lucky, the way the draws are structured I only ever have the possiblity of a handful of huge teams to play against. (Compare this to the pre-patch ME where I beat Inter Milan 4-1 in season one!)

I haven't handled the finances too well, got a massive squad of 20, 21, 22 year olds out on loan and then not really progressing and being sold for less than 100k, probs less than I paid them in wages over the time. Need to reconsider this strategy. My team keeps getting robbed of good players that have min fee release clauses, that I had to insert to con them into coming to me, made 17.25 million in sales this year alone, but still massively in debt due to spending too much on wages at a club with no fans. (saints fan IRL so I am allowed to say this..)

In my game I don't see the SPLs stature rising until I win the league, and then hopefully Celtic will do better than I was in the runners-up qualifiers. It is very slow progress, but compared to the boring victorious march that was previous FMs I am absolutely bloody loving the tedium of it.

All the SPL squads are much stronger than they were in season 1, because they all have 4 or 5 of my rejects in them! So the quality of football has gone up, perhaps if the seedings can ever improve then it could be exponential from there.

Im exactly the same, by 8 seasons in FM12 i had won the leauge, Scottish cup several times, league cup most seasons and was easily getting through the champs league group stages, this year i have made the Euro cup group stages 3 times, missed out twice and 2 of Euro group stages i made were from losing champs league qualifiers. The SPL now has 2 champs league slots again as Celtic have done quite well in Europe, made the Euro cup final one season, quarters a couple of other seasons and twice out the champs league group stages. Taking it any further at all is going to take at least another 5 years of grinding away.

i think the SPL's rep was dropped this year. Might explain some of it. I did start a game with rangers but got as far as August. My career save took me away from it. Wont have internet soon so steam being ok i should be able to rally thought it. If i can find this thread ill update when im back on.

Archived