Holding ball & other problems

Hello,

I have a big problem with my players...they reach the penalty area, but instead of doing something with the ball...they stop...just wait for some defender to attack them and then they either lose it or obtain a corner.This is very annoying especially on the counter-attacks when we have like 3 to 1 superiority and a players holds up the ball instead of crossing or shooting or ANYTHING.

I also have problems with losing the ball in the midfield...or players passing like they are blind(I even have Canales who has 20 creativty and 18 passing...still he gives the ball away everytime).Also problems with defenders who instead of anticipating the opposing player's future position, they go in and attack him like they are ********...and after they miss the tackle, run after him trying to get the ball...this is like a comedy movie, watching my team play like that.

I don't use wings, I play either balanced or fluid, attacking and I checked that my players don't have "Hold ball" activated.Also they are told to cross the ball frequently.

PS:I don't use wings because this is the only tactic that used to work(doesn't anymore).My team is AS Monaco.

i m not sure but probable cause of your problems may be,

* Your new players have not get enough time to gel in

* Your players are not very familiar with the tactic to play a fluid attacking football

if so juz give them some time(half a season) and have patience.

Now you can loose so much in half a season, so juz dont use new players much in away games until they have gelled in enough

i m not sure but probable cause of your problems may be,

* Your new players have not get enough time to gel in

* Your players are not very familiar with the tactic to play a fluid attacking football

if so juz give them some time(half a season) and have patience.

Now you can loose so much in half a season, so juz dont use new players much in away games until they have gelled in enough

Not denying this may be part of the problem but I also experience this too often. I'm not worried since my guys bang in around 3 per match on average, but if they actualy decided to take all the good shots or passes available instead of waiting to be tackled it'd probably be more like 5. The majority of my corners result in someone from ym team dribbling into the box and instead of shooting or firing in a pass they stop and get tackled. That said, I get 8-12 corners a game apart from the good teams.

And apart from 3 signings I've been playing the same squad (and the same tactics apart from role changes here and there) for over 7 seasons - only recently changed to a slightly different formation. Issue never went away.

Not denying this may be part of the problem but I also experience this too often. I'm not worried since my guys bang in around 3 per match on average, but if they actualy decided to take all the good shots or passes available instead of waiting to be tackled it'd probably be more like 5. The majority of my corners result in someone from ym team dribbling into the box and instead of shooting or firing in a pass they stop and get tackled. That said, I get 8-12 corners a game apart from the good teams.

And apart from 3 signings I've been playing the same squad (and the same tactics apart from role changes here and there) for over 7 seasons - only recently changed to a slightly different formation. Issue never went away.

Well...that's my problem...I don't score a lot...so I lose alomost everytime(1-0,2-0,2-1...****** scores).My players don't seem to know what they're doing...just passing around 'till they lose it...or when they reach an attacking position, they pass the ball back to the keeper O.o.Wtf?

LE:And when they hold the ball, sometimes they just leave it behind instead of shooting...WTF?Who does that?Who is in front of goal and walks forward without the ball, then turns around trying a dribbling, ending up gaining a corner AT MOST?WHO?

Archived