FM13 - Like Icarus to the Sun, the rise and (hopefully) rise of Jozef Prochazka

b101

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How come you and your feeder club Leece are in the same division. Isn't the link suppose to be automatically cancelled.

Good question, and I have no idea. Although, by the looks of things that's unlikely to be the case for long :p

Good question, and I have no idea. Although, by the looks of things that's unlikely to be the case for long :p

I had the same during my brief Fiorentina stay with Treviso, and actually that's still the case even though they finished slightly higher last year.

This month might have started with the crowning of Contento as World Player of the Year, Golden Ball winner and four other things, but January 2027 would be only remembered for one person...

150px-AS_Roma_logo_(2013).svg.png

January 2027 - AS Roma

Fixtures:

jan27_zpsf57712e4.png

Yep, you read that right...

This month both started and finished with wins over Inter - they're certainly getting better, but I'd still expect to beat them every time. We then thumped Cesena at home before the magic that is Federico Díaz started. He first grabbed all of the goals in a win over Bologna, before setting us on our way in the next match against the same team in the league. He then scored five more in a rout of a struggling Sampdoria side and then got four more against sorry Bologna in the second leg of the semi final. He did run out of steam slightly against Inter at the end, but we can forgive him that, especially as the others decided they should probably get in on the act. Still top by seventeen points.

league_jan27_zps81b9b06e.png

Player of the Month:

I have never, ever, ever seen anyone play close to this level. In the last few games it was just frightening. The screenshot was taken just before the Inter match, in which he was a little quieter. The crazy thing is, this tactic is set up to get goals from all over the pitch, not just from one man - it's not like the 4-3-3s of last year's FM. I just do not know what to say beyond showing you this:

2013-07-15_00005_zps7ca64249.jpg

diazform_zpsd1605080.png

February 2027 - AS Roma

Fixtures:

feb27_zps2512b69b.png

February is usually where the team starts to struggle a bit more, and pleasingly, that hasn't seemed to happen this season. We beat Fiorentina handily at home, with Cedric Julien getting his first goal for the club since he joined a year and a half ago. We then had one of the toughest matches of the season, away at Juventus. Helpfully, we took an early lead through Díaz and Genovese then doubled that lead shortly after. They grabbed a goal at the start of the second half, but each of our goalscorers added another to make the victory quite comfortable in the end. We then smashed Siena at home before getting our 100th goal of the league against Atalanta (in February!). Our winning streak came very close to ending in the Champions League against a stubborn Dinamo side, but Giuseppe Rea broke through late on to strike a killer blow. Against Pescara things were much more straightforward, the highlight being a first goal in Roma colours for holding mid Teddy Baradat.

league_feb27_zpsca79c385.png

Player of the Month:

With a lot of assists this month as well as the crucial goal against Dinamo, Giuseppe Rea fully deserves this having narrowly missed out a few months back. Probably not worth the £33m I splashed out on him, but he's a great tutor and allows Novotny some rest.

2013-07-16_00003_zps34bb60af.jpg

No need to call him Jesus, b101's fine I'm sure :D

Haha it was up to 42 (including Champions League etc) but just had a crash dump after beating AC Milan 4-0. If I don't make it through the season unbeaten, I'll be properly gutted. Obviously the real aim is to win the last 8 league games and have a perfect season though! Sadly, whilst I'd love to say it's all me being amazing... well, part of it is... I've been disappointed by the general standard of Serie A. Inter and AC are nowhere near what they were and whilst Palermo used to be very good, they've failed to replace their talents well in recent years. Still, this is on course to be a better squad than my Rennes side, and that's hardly faint praise!

March 2027 - AS Roma

Fixtures:

mar27_zps1daa89b9.png

If we came close to losing our winning record against Dinamo, we were every bit as close against Ascoli, who hit the bar in the 89th minute of our match early in the month. Happily, the team were very much up for the next match against rivals Lazio, with local lad Genovese leading by example. Contento's probably been feeling outdone by Díaz recently, so it was good to see him get all four goals against Genoa. We then finished off Dinamo in style, smashing five past them at the Olimpico. Finally, in a re-run match (we beat them 4-0 before a crash dump), we beat AC Milan 3-0, meaning we secured the title with eight games left to play!

league_mar27_zpsee48e323.png

Player of the Month:

I rarely sign players above the age of 25, and this signing has shown me just what I have been missing. The difference this season with Gritti has been phenomenal - we rarely look like conceding and he has just been unstoppable in the air.

2013-07-16_00012_zpse5f1f84d.jpg

We also had the Champions League draw for the Quarter Finals. Charlton are this season's surprise package, having beaten Bayern Munich in the Allianz to reach the First Knockout Round, they then saw off Porto (!) in the Knockout Round. They have a very tough draw though, as do we...

clqf27_zps9c39701d.png

April 2027 - AS Roma

Fixtures:

apr27_zps684fcf50.png

Even though we were champions, I wasn't going to weaken the side, as that elusive perfect season was still on the cards. We opened with a trip to rock-bottom Lecce and a rare strike from holding mid Baradat opened the scoring. We then welcomed Chelsea in the Champions League quarter, and sent them home after a 5-0 spanking in a great display of attacking prowess. 2nd place Napoli were next to come and go, this time the recipients of a six goal drubbing. Then came the first loss of the season away at Chelsea, ending our run of 47 games won in a row. We even went 2-0 up, but a mistake from Acar and a dubious offside meant that we couldn't hold onto the lead. In the end, a pass from Villegas deflected into the path of their other world-class striker, who made no mistake in ending our run. Surprisingly, LB Julien scored to open up Cagliari and Genovese grabbed two very early penalties to set us on our way against Udinese. Finally, old side Rennes made the trip to Olimpico, and took the lead through Júnior. We fought back well to win the game 2-1, but you can't help but feel we're going to need more...

league_apr27_zpsa54a098f.png

Player of the Month:

There have been better players this month, but Teddy has come in and really raised his level. It's hard for DMs to score good ratings this year, and whilst he hasn't played all that much due to the emergence of Gowecke, he's a great rotation option and hasn't actually whinged too much about it yet.

2013-07-17_00003_zpsedca7b5d.jpg

May 2027 - AS Roma

may27pal_zpsfd756e5b.png

The first match of the month was by far the toughest on paper, and so it proved. I put out our best team, but we simply didn't perform and were dominated throughout by a decent but unspectacular Palermo outfit. Thankfully, we took our one chance, whilst they didn't take their few, with Díaz forcing an own goal. We were poor though and really got away with one here!

may27ren_zpse3e14730.png

After a tricky first leg at home to Rennes, I wasn't hugely confident about the away match, but hopeful that they'd come and try to attack us, leaving their back four (including one Tomas Prochazka) vulnerable. Navarro headed in a 5th minute freekick to give us the perfect start, and true to form, they came at us. An incisive counter attacking move put Genovese through 5 minutes later and we were looking good. They grabbed one back after a horrendous backpass from Gowecke, but a penalty just before half time from Genovese set things up nicely. In the second half they really went for it and, bar a great long range strike from Pernao, we picked them off with ease. Meeting us in the final? It could only be Real Madrid...

may27bre_zps680ca105.png

19th placed Brescia shouldn't have posed us any problems, but I wasn't going to die wondering! Bastian Hermann scored a rare long-ranger before Díaz took over. We conceded another silly goal from a poor back-pass, with Viviani the culprit this time, but that was never going to stop us here. One game to go!

may27ces_zpsa6c1e627.png

YESSSSSSS!!!!! Cesena were average at best on paper, but they've caused me problems before. Thankfully, Genovese is in the form of his life right now and got all three goals against them to bring the curtain down on a fantastic league campaign.

league_may27_zpsb685cc54.png

38 games, 38 wins. It's something I've never done before and never even looked like getting close to until this Roma side popped up and I doubt I'll ever do it again. There have been some (very) close shaves along the way - Inter, Ascoli and Palermo in particular, but also some exceptional, dominating performances. Just the two finals to go then.

TIMcup_zpsce6065df.png

2026/2027 - Coppa Italia Final

150px-AS_Roma_logo_(2013).svg.png..................... 150px-Juventus_Turin.svg.png

AS Roma vs. Juventus

Odds: AS Roma: 2-1 (Fav), Juventus 9-2

We saw off Genoa, Inter and Bologna to reach the final this time around, whilst Juve beat Sassuolo, Palermo and Napoli. Their star player, AMC Gianluigi Fortina (formerly of Rennes) is injured, which is a boost for us, whilst we were at full strength. Their side is definitely on the up, with recent signings of Andries (a young holding mid with good potential) and pacey striker Bekavac good moves for the future.

coppalineups27_zps71604a3c.png

We start the quicker and Díaz forces a corner after 5 minutes with a rasper from the edge of the area. Gritti can only head the ball over though. With 20 minutes gone, it's all still looking close and their left back hauls down Contento on the corner of the area. We fill the area for the cross, but Novotny though takes everyone by surprise and pulls out a Ronaldinho special, smashing the ball into the top corner off the post. 1-0 Roma! Five minutes later and their AMC breaks through uncharacteristically poor marking from Gritti. Rizzelli though, produces a great stop, tipping his low drive onto the post from 8 yards. On 33 minutes, they break from one of our attacking free-kicks, with Bekavac running the length of the pitch and putting in a deep cross. However, CM Andries can only head it at Rizzelli, who tips the ball over.

Half-time: AS Roma 1-0 Juventus

Juventus started the better in the second half and a late challenge on their CM resulted in a free-kick just inside our half. They took it quickly and lofted a beautiful ball just inside LB Paganin. Their substitute striker gathered and crossed for Trusov, who couldn't miss from 7 yards. 1-1! The next half hour was quite tentative, but then came the last minute. Díaz dropped deep to pick up the ball and ran at the Juve defence. He fed Genovese, who took one touch before playing it back into his path. Díaz shot low... but the keeper stopped it well and they cleared to their striker. He ran the length of the pitch, past a tiring Paganin and drove in a low cross which just evaded their other striker. End of 90 minutes!

With 65 minutes gone I had taken off Contento and Rea, who hadn't played to their best, replacing them with Fejzic and Baradat, so I made no further changes before extra time. It was Baradat who made the difference though with 95 minutes on the clock. Viviani looked to be going backwards with little support at RB, but he found a neat ball into Novotny, who dropped it deep to the French holding mid. Baradat looked up and played an inch perfect pass into the channel for the onrushing Viviani, who crossed the ball to the far post for a waiting Genovese who thumped a header home. 2-1 Roma! Juve were tiring now, and it was Baradat again who started the move with a lovely lofted through ball to Genovese, who pulled back to Díaz who needs no second invitation! 3-1 Roma! The final whistle went and Roma had won the TIM Cup!

coppafinal27_zpsd8b524ad.png

---

Phew! Closer than we'd have liked, but there's a whole week to recuperate before making our way to the Millennium Stadium for take 3 against Madrid!

What an achievement :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
That is probably the best season I have ever seen on FM.....Bravo :applause: :applause: :applause:

Cheers guys - I had planned to stay at Roma beyond this season for a few more, but I can't see myself ever getting close to that again... Lots of thinking to do!

Try to read this all the way through without sneaking a peek at the score, hopefully you can start imagining how I felt...

champions-league-logo.jpg

2026/2027 - UEFA Champions League Final

AS Roma's run to the final

clrunroma27_zpsccbf83e6.png

rm%2Bbadge.jpg

Real Madrid's run to the final

clrunreal27_zpsb14a1f47.png

Odds: AS Roma: 3-1, Real Madrid 5-2 (Fav)

Well, we're still underdogs. We pushed Real all the way though last year and we'll take courage from that. Don't be fooled by all the greens, Man City actually beat Real 2-1 at home, so they aren't totally invincible. As for the sides, we put out our first choice team with Baradat getting the nod ahead of Rea at CM in an attempt to stop Diallo. Real are a little different this year - new manager and all. Italian striker Carmine Olivieri (ex-Cagliari) returns and they've found a spot for youngster Diego Claut, who looks very promising. The main men are still those in midfield though, Mokhtari and Diallo have been the bane of my life for the last two finals and we will need to stop them this time around. Last year's game-winner, Albano Bardi, misses out - surprisingly not favoured by manager Cristiano Ronaldo, he's out on loan at Spurs. How the mighty have fallen.

cllineups27_zps4632ee85.png

We have not started well at all. Straight from kick-off, Real work the ball to dangerman Peluso, who turns Viviani inside out, before smashing a low shot at Rizzelli - the keeper doing well to turn it behind. From the resulting corner, Gritti heads clear, but they get the ball back to Peluso again. This time, his low cross is perfect and Olivieri smashes home. Just 3 minutes, that took... 1-0 Real Madrid! We slowly start to get our foot on the ball, but Diallo is pulling all the strings. However, we force a nice opportunity from a free-kick in exactly the same spot Novotny scored from against Juve. Sadly though, this one drifts harmlessly wide. A couple of minutes left to half time now, and we're just chasing shadows. Peluso pops up on the right wing this time and floats in another ball that Viviani can only clear to Mokhtari. He plays in Olivieri, with a golden chance to make it two, but Rizzelli pushes it onto the post. Half time: 1-0 Real Madrid!

I gave them a rocket at half time - if we lose, it had better not be because we didn't get started. Straightaway we look better, and Novotny feeds a lovely reverse ball into Contento, but Robledo pushes his snapshot from the edge of the area around the post. The Italian striker rises highest to meet the corner too, but Robledo saves this too, a little more comfortably. Just ahead of the hour mark, we force a free-kick ten yards inside the Real half. Novotny's delivery is cleared back to him, and he coolly rides a tackle before sliding a lovely pass into Contento, who slips the ball home. 1-1! We were at it again straight from the restart, inviting Madrid all the way into our half before springing the counter. Díaz put in one of his trademark runs at the heart of the defence before laying off Genovese, whose shot wrong-footed the keeper, but he was able to get a leg to it. Shortly after this, left back Paganin had to go off (later diagnosed as a broken ankle), with Julien replacing him and Giuseppe Rea coming in for Teddy Baradat. Into the last ten now and Real force a corner. Shades of last year, as defender Bueno rises highest, but this time Rizzelli tips it over the top! End of 90 minutes.

5 minutes into Extra Time and Real are back on the attack. Left back Bueno pushes Viviani back into the corner before squaring the ball to Peluso, who in turn tees up sub Zugaj, who can't possibly miss... 2-1 Real Madrid! We're on the 100 minute mark now, and Real are trying to find that killer goal; Diallo seeks out Bueno, and the full back plays in Gabriel, who rifles just wide from 25 yards. 5 minutes later, and we have another free-kick down by the corner flag. Rea takes it and Contento beats the keeper to the ball, volleying home! 2-2! It's end to end stuff now, neither side wants penalties. First, Real work another corner, but Acar heads that one clear. Then, a lovely team move sees LB Julien play in Genovese, but the Italian can only fire straight at Robledo from the edge of the area. 118 minutes gone... The ball is deep in Roma territory with a throw in, but Díaz intercepts! He lays it down the line to Genovese, who plays it back to Goewecke. A bit of midfield passing ensues before the ball gets to Viviani, who is way up the field... Real have a three on two... His pass finds Goewecke, who spreads it straight to Julien. A little ball around the corner... There's Genovese... 2-3 Roma!!!!! The final whistle went, and finally, Roma were European Champions!

clfinal27_zps6decec42.png

---

Phew!

End of Season 2026/27 Mop-Up

The top competitions in the world to date:

Czech Republic:

2026/27: 1st: Sparta Prague, 2nd: Viktoria Plzen, 3rd: Banik Ostrava

2025/26: 1st: Viktoria Plzen, 2nd: Banik Ostrava, 3rd: Teplice

2024/25: 1st: Sparta Prague, 2nd: Viktoria Plzen, 3rd: Banik Ostrava

2023/24: 1st: Teplice, 2nd: Sparta Prague, 3rd: Viktoria Plzen

2022/23: 1st: Sparta Prague, 2nd: Banik Ostrava, 3rd: Slavia Prague

2021/22: 1st: Banik Ostrava, 2nd, Sparta Prague, 3rd: Mlada Boleslav

2020/21: 1st: Sparta Prague, 2nd: Banik Ostrava, 3rd: Slovan Liberec

2019/20: 1st: Sparta Prague, 2nd: Mlada Boleslav, 3rd: Viktoria Plzen

2018/9: 1st: Sparta Prague, 2nd: Banik Ostrava, 3rd: Viktoria Plzen

2017/8: 1st: Sparta Prague, 2nd: Viktoria Plzen, 3rd: Mlada Boleslav

2016/7: 1st: Slovan Liberec, 2nd: Viktoria Plzen, 3rd: Mlada Boleslav

2015/6: 1st: Sparta Prague, 2nd: Mlada Boleslav, 3rd: Viktoria Plzen

2014/5: 1st: Mlada Boleslav, 2nd: Viktoria Plzen, 3rd: Sparta Prague

2013/4: 1st: Sparta Prague, 2nd: Mlada Boleslav, 3rd: Viktoria Plzen

2012/3: 1st: Mlada Boleslav, 2nd: Sparta Prague, 3rd: Viktoria Plzen

England:

2026/27: 1st: Tottenham, 2nd: Chelsea, 3rd: Man City, 4th: Man Utd

2025/26: 1st: Chelsea, 2nd: Man City, 3rd: Tottenham, 4th: Charlton

2024/25: 1st: Chelsea, 2nd: Man City, 3rd: Sunderland, 4th: Liverpool

2023/24: 1st: Chelsea, 2nd: Man City, 3rd: Arsenal, 4th: Man Utd

2022/23: 1st: Tottenham, 2nd: Man City, 3rd: Man Utd, 4th: Liverpool

2021/22: 1st: Man Utd, 2nd: Tottenham, 3rd: Chelsea, 4th: Man

2020/21: 1st: Chelsea, 2nd: Man Utd, 3rd: Man City, 4th: Arsenal

2019/20: 1st: Man Utd, 2nd: Man City, 3rd: Spurs, 4th: Chelsea

2018/9: 1st: Man City, 2nd: Arsenal, 3rd: Chelsea, 4th: Spurs

2017/8: 1st: Man City, 2nd: Arsenal, 3rd: Chelsea, 4th: Spurs

2016/7: 1st: Sunderland, 2nd: Man City, 3rd: Man Utd, 4th: Chelsea

2015/6: 1st: Spurs, 2nd: Man City, 3rd: Liverpool, 4th: Man Utd

2014/5: 1st: Chelsea, 2nd: Man City, 3rd: Man Utd, 4th: Arsenal

2013/4: 1st: Man City, 2nd: Chelsea, 3rd: Man Utd, 4th: Sunderland

2012/3: 1st: Man City, 2nd: Man Utd, 3rd: Spurs, 4th: Liverpool

France:

2026/27: 1st: PSG, 2nd: Rennes, 3rd: Monaco, 4th: Lyon

2025/26: 1st: Rennes, 2nd: Lille, 3rd: PSG, 4th: Marseille

2024/25: 1st: Rennes, 2nd: PSG, 3rd: Lyon, 4th: Monaco

2023/24: 1st: PSG, 2nd: Rennes, 3rd: Lille, 4th: Monaco

2022/23: 1st: Rennes, 2nd: PSG, 3rd: Monaco, 4th: Bordeaux

2021/22: 1st: Rennes, 2nd: PSG, 3rd: Monaco, 4th: Lyon

2020/21: 1st: Rennes, 2nd: PSG, 3rd: Lyon, 4th: Monaco

2019/20: 1st: Rennes, 2nd: PSG, 3rd: Lille, 4th: Monaco

2018/9: 1st: Rennes, 2nd: PSG, 3rd: Monaco, 4th: Lyon

2017/8: 1st: PSG, 2nd: Rennes, 3rd: Lille, 4th: Bordeaux

2016/7: 1st: Lyon, 2nd: PSG, 3rd: Rennes, 4th: Monaco

2015/6: 1st: Monaco, 2nd: Lyon, 3rd: PSG, 4th: Bordeaux

2014/5: 1st: PSG, 2nd: Lyon, 3rd: Bordeaux, 4th: Montpellier

2013/4: 1st: PSG, 2nd: Lyon, 3rd: Monaco, 4th: Marseille

2012/3: 1st: PSG, 2nd: Lyon, 3rd: Marseille, 4th: Valenciennes

Germany: - Almost on a par with La Liga, this...

2026/27: 1st: Bayern, 2nd: Schalke, 3rd: Leverkusen, 4th: Wolfsburg

2025/26: 1st: Bayern, 2nd: Schalke, 3rd: Leverkusen, 4th: Wolfsburg

2024/25: 1st: Bayern, 2nd: Stuttgart, 3rd: Schalke, 4th: Wolfsburg

2023/24: 1st: Bayern, 2nd: Stuttgart, 3rd: Leverkusen, 4th: Dortmund

2022/23: 1st: Bayern, 2nd: Stuttgart, 3rd: Dortmund, 4th: Schalke

2021/22: 1st: Bayern, 2nd: Leverkusen, 3rd: Dortmund, 4th: Frankfurt

2020/21: 1st: Dortmund, 2nd: Wolfsburg, 3rd: Bayern, 4th: Nurnberg

2019/20: 1st: Schalke, 2nd: Bayern, 3rd: Stuttgart, 4th: Dortmund

2018/9: 1st: Bayern, 2nd: Dortmund, 3rd: Schalke, 4th: Leverkusen

2017/8: 1st: Wolfsburg, 2nd: Dortmund, 3rd: Bayern, 4th: Werder

2016/7: 1st: Bayern, 2nd: Frankfurt, 3rd: Dortmund, 4th: Stuttgart

2015/6: 1st: Bayern, 2nd: Dortmund, 3rd: Leverkusen, 4th: Schalke

2014/5: 1st: Bayern, 2nd: Dortmund, 3rd: Schalke, 4th: Wolfsburg

2013/4: 1st: Bayern, 2nd: Dortmund, 3rd: Hannover, 4th: Gladbach

2012/3: 1st: Schalke, 2nd: Wolfsburg, 3rd: Dortmund, 4th: Gladbach

Italy:

2026/27: 1st: Roma, 2nd: Juventus, 3rd: Napoli, 4th: Palermo

2025/26: 1st: Roma, 2nd: Juventus, 3rd: Palermo, 4th: AC Milan

2024/25: 1st: Roma, 2nd: Juventus, 3rd: Palermo, 4th: Fiorentina

2023/24: 1st: Roma, 2nd: Napoli, 3rd: Juventus, 4th: Palermo

2022/23: 1st: Palermo, 2nd: Juventus, 3rd: Roma, 4th: Lazio

2021/22: 1st: Juventus, 2nd: Roma, 3rd: Fiorentina, 4th: Udinese

2020/21: 1st: Juventus, 2nd: Roma, 3rd: Palermo, 4th: Napoli

2019/20: 1st: Palermo, 2nd: Juventus, 3rd: Inter, 4th: Lazio

2018/9: 1st: Juventus, 2nd: Palermo, 3rd: Cagliari, 4th: Roma

2017/8: 1st: Palermo, 2nd: Juventus, 3rd: Inter, 4th: Lazio

2016/7: 1st: Palermo, 2nd: Juventus, 3rd: Inter, 4th: Milan

2015/6: 1st: Juventus, 2nd: Roma, 3rd: Palermo, 4th: Napoli

2014/5: 1st: Juventus, 2nd: Palermo, 3rd: Milan, 4th: Inter

2013/4: 1st: Juventus, 2nd: Milan, 3rd: Inter, 4th: Napoli

2012/3: 1st: Milan, 2nd: Inter, 3rd: Juventus, 4th: Napoli

Spain: - Real, you tease.

2026/27: 1st: Barca, 2nd: Real, 3rd: Atletico, 4th: Athletic

2025/26: 1st: Barca, 2nd: Real, 3rd: Valencia, 4th: Sevilla

2024/25: 1st: Barca, 2nd: Real, 3rd: Atletico, 4th: Valencia

2023/24: 1st: Barca, 2nd: Real, 3rd: Valencia, 4th: Atletico

2022/23: 1st: Barca, 2nd: Real, 3rd: Valencia, 4th: Atletico

2021/22: 1st: Barca, 2nd: Real, 3rd: Atletico, 4th: Valencia

2020/21: 1st: Barca, 2nd: Betis, 3rd: Valencia, 4th: Real

2019/20: 1st: Real, 2nd: Atlético, 3rd: Valencia, 4th: Barca

2018/9: 1st: Barca, 2nd: Real, 3rd: Atletico, 4th: Mallorca

2017/8: 1st: Real, 2nd: Barca, 3rd: Atletico, 4th: Athletic

2016/7: 1st: Real, 2nd: Barca, 3rd: Sevilla, 4th: Atletico

2015/6: 1st: Real, 2nd: Barca, 3rd: Atletico, 4th: Valencia

2014/5: 1st: Barca, 2nd: Real, 3rd: Atletico, 4th: Levante

2013/4: 1st: Barca, 2nd: Real, 3rd: Valencia, 4th: Sevilla

2012/3: 1st: Barca, 2nd: Real, 3rd: Sevilla, 4th: Atletico

Champions League:

2026/27: Winners: AS Roma, Runners-up: Real Madrid (Millennium Stadium)

2025/26: Winners: Real Madrid, Runners-up: AS Roma (Wembley)

2023/24: Winners: Porto, Runners-up: Barcelona (Bernabeu)

2023/24: Winners: Real Madrid, Runners-up: AS Roma (Old Trafford)

2022/23: Winners: Tottenham, Runners-up: Barcelona (Olimpico, Rome)

2021/22: Winners: Rennes, Runners-up: Real Madrid (Luzhniki, Moscow)

2020/21: Winners: Rennes, Runners-up: PSG (Olympiastadion, Berlin)

2019/20: Winners: Rennes, Runners-up: PSG (OAKA Spyros Luis, Athens)

2018/9: Winners: Rennes, Runners-up: Porto (Stade de France)

2017/8: Winners: Juventus, Runners-up: Real Madrid (La Cartujá, Sevilla)

2016/7: Winners: Spurs, Runners-up: Atlético Madrid (San Siro)

2015/6: Winners: Manchester United, Runners-up: Bayern Munich (Ataturk Olympic, Istanbul)

2014/5: Winners: Manchester City, Runners-up: Barcelona (Millennium Stadium)

2013/4: Winners: Barcelona, Runners-up: Manchester City (Estadio de la Luz, Lisbon)

2012/3: Winners: Barcelona, Runners-up: Manchester United (Wembley)

Europa League:

2026/27 Winners: Manchester United, Runners-up: Cagliari (Sukru Saracoglu, Istanbul)

2025/26: Winners: Juventus, Runners-up: Sevilla (Artemio Franchi, Florence)

2024/25: Winners: Tottenham, Runners-up: Stoke (De Kuip, Rotterdam)

2023/24: Winners: Arsenal, Runners-up: Tottenham (Stade Roi Badouin, Belgium)

2022/23: Winners: Lille, Runners-up: Dortmund (Hampden Park)

2021/22: Winners: Sunderland, Runners-up: Sevilla (Allianz Arena)

2020/21: Winners: Sunderland, Runners-up: Tottenham (Stadium of Light, England) - AWESOME!

2019/20: Winners: Manchester United, Runners-up: Real Madrid (Olympiastadion, Helsinki)

2018/9: Winners: Manchester United, Runners-up: Sevilla (Stadion Slaski, Chorzow)

2017/8: Winners: Chelsea, Runners-up: Palermo (Friends Arena, Stockholm)

2016/7: Winners: Chelsea, Runners-up: Werder Bremen (Parc des Princes)

2015/6: Winners: Montpellier, Runners-up: Schalke (Estadio do Dragao)

2014/5: Winners: Sporting Lisbon, Runners-up: Schalke (Vicente Calderon)

2013/4: Winners: Lyon, Runners-up: Leverkusen (Juventus Stadium, Turin)

2012/3: Winners: Chelsea, Runners-up: Porto (Amsterdam ArenA)

Trophy Cabinet:

5x Champions League
4x Ligue 1
4x Serie A
3x Club World Cup
3x Coupe de France
2x UEFA Super Cup
2x Coupe de la Ligue
2x Jupiler Pro League
2x TIM Cup
1x Cofidis Cup

Former Club Watch:

[u][color=#CC0000]Curicó Unido (managed 2012/13)[/color][/u]

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Year  | Pos  | League    |  Notes                                        |
| 2015  | 6th  | Primera   |                                               |
| 2016  | 18th | Primera   |                                               |
| 2017  | 1st  | Primera B | Promoted as Champions                         |
| 2018  | 18th | Primera   | Relegated                                     |
| 2019  | 1st  | Primera B |                                               |
| 2020  | 4th  | Primera B |                                               |
| 2021  | 6th  | Primera B |                                               |
| 2022  | 2nd  | Primera B | Promoted through playoffs                     |
| 2023  | 18th | Primera   | Relegated                                     |
| 2024  | 6th  | Primera B |                                               |
| 2025  | 4th  | Primera B |                                               |
| 2026  | 2nd  | Primera B | Promoted through playoffs                     |

They're back, but comfortably propping up the Apertura on a mighty one point. Could be a short stay.

[u][color=#FFCC00]Lokeren (managed Jan 2014/17)[/color][/u]

| Year    | Pos  | League      |  Notes                                    |
| 2017/8  | 1st  | Jupiler Pro | Cup Winners                               |
| 2018/9  | 1st  | Jupiler Pro | Cup Winners, Europa QF                    |
| 2019/20 | 1st  | Jupiler Pro | Cup Winners, CL 1st Knockout              |
| 2020/21 | 1st  | Jupiler Pro | Cup Winners                               |
| 2021/22 | 1st  | Jupiler Pro | CL 1st Knockout                           |
| 2022/23 | 3rd  | Jupiler Pro |                                           |
| 2023/24 | 1st  | Jupiler Pro |                                           |
| 2024/25 | 2nd  | Jupiler Pro |                                           |
| 2025/26 | 1st  | Jupiler Pro | Cup Winners                               |
| 2026/27 | 1st  | Jupiler Pro | Cup Winners                               |

Really pleased with how well they've kept things going. Although, given the money they made from my signings, they really should!

[u][color=#FF0000]Rennes (managed July 17/22)[/color][/u]

| Year     | Pos | League  |  Notes                                        |
| 2022/23  | 1st | Ligue 1 |                                               |
| 2023/24  | 2nd | Ligue 1 | Coupe de la Ligue                             |
| 2024/25  | 1st | Ligue 1 | Coupe de France                               |
| 2025/26  | 1st | Ligue 1 |                                               |
| 2026/27  | 2nd | Ligue 1 | Coupe de la Ligue                             |

This season sums them up really - the first team is still good, but with obvious gaps, whilst the squad overall is poor. They need to invest the funds they must have from all that selling, badly...

[u][color=#3104B4]Crystal Palace (managed July-November 22)[/color][/u]

| Year     |  Pos  | League       |  Notes                                 |
| 2022/23  | 11th  | Championship |                                        |
| 2023/24  | 12th  | Championship |                                        |
| 2024/25  | 11th  | Championship |                                        |
| 2025/26  | 16th  | Championship |                                        |
| 2025/26  | 15th  | Championship |                                        |

Meh.

[u][color=#FE2E2E]Charlton (managed November 22/23)[/color][/u]

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Year     | Pos  | League      |  Notes                                    |
| 2023/24  | 9th  | Premiership |                                           |
| 2024/25  | 8th  | Premiership | Qualified for Europa League               |
| 2025/26  | 4th  | Premiership | Europa League 1st knockout                |
| 2026/27  | 6th  | Premiership | Champions League QF                       |

Hugely impressive after an average start. 6th is great for them, let alone the amazing CL run!

As always, any other information you'd like to see - please shout :)

The Invincibles 2026/27 - AS Roma

So, these are the heroes who put together that awesome run of form - 51 wins and 1 loss throughout the entire season.

GK - Nico Rizzelli

DR - Corrado Viviani

DC - Stephan Acar

DC - Rocco Gritti

DL - Arturo Paganin

DM - Luca Göwecke

MC - Rostislav Novotny

MC - Giuseppe Rea

ST - Mirko Genovese

ST - Federico Díaz

ST - Pierpaolo Contento

Notable Subs:

DC - Alejandro Navarro

DM - Teddy Baradat

DM - Mattia Aliotta

MC - Bastian Hermann

ST - Raymond Dierickx

ST - Ervin Fejzic

Well done again on a superb season :applause: Bet you was fearing the worst again after Real took the lead in extra time :D

I'm not sure if you should go or stay if i'm honest, it depends how stale you think it is domestically. What sort of challenge are you thinking of if you was to leave? That would probably help make my mind up a little :D

There is one job that I think I'll definitely go for if it comes up, but I don't want to reveal it just yet :D - actually, just looking for other suggestions really. Might help to say what I've previously done - usually I'm just a one-save man, so there's quite a lot of scope for new ideas :)

FM10 - Werder Bremen, Arsenal, Ajax

FM11 - Peterborough, FC United

FM12 - Canvey Island, Crawley Town, RB Leipzig (Youth only)

FM13 - Uniao Lamas, this career

Well done again on a superb season :applause: Bet you was fearing the worst again after Real took the lead in extra time :D

Cheers, and yes - I was bricking it! Thankfully Contento equalised very soon after which made me rest a little easier :)

left_zps8687b5e4.png

So, where to? The one job I had really wanted was the Gremio post, with its excellent youth facilities and potential for a long-term project of bringing through just youth players. However even with them languishing in 20th, they wouldn't entertain my interests :(.

As for where I'm going - I know, but I'll leave you with a few options for the evening. I am going to one of the following clubs:

PSV

Barcelona

Sparta Prague

Internacional

Dinamo Zagreb

Cordoba

Bayern Munich

Porto

CSKA Moscow

Olympiakos

Let me know your favourite!

Well... One of you was right :)

Barcelona%20FC%20logo.png

July 2027 - FC Barcelona

hired_zpsc01c0fff.png

This isn't planned as a long-term move, and after bemoaning the boring nature of La Liga, I figured I might as well be on the winning side in the boring duo! It also sees me re-united with some of my former players and gives a decent budget. I find it odd that Barca have hardly got any good youth players given the outstanding facilities, although I probably won't be around to profit from them anyway (he says...). In any case, it's another league, and should be fun - I've already started splashing the cash - see next update. As for the players I join, here they are - top marks if you recognise the former players L

miguel_zpsc47ebd9d.pnggovier_zps76e6889e.pnglinares_zpsc57657a1.pngguaita_zps5661b46f.pngmorin_zps0cbc9d39.pngfranca_zps203804be.png

I always find it tough to get new players upon arrival at a new club, so I may well raid Roma a little bit as they seem to be hell-bent on playing a 4-4-2 under their new boss. They have more than enough talent up front so I won't feel too guilty, and it'll be good to have players I can trust :D

Don't you worry, Sparta (or Slavia) Prague is on my hitlist for one day :) - which reminds me:

Career Aims:

Barcelona FC logo.png

August 2027 - FC Barcelona

Transfers

Unsurprisingly, this summer saw quite a few ins and outs. We'll start with the incoming players.

transfersin27_zps466fcffc.png

At first glance, I've done a bit of a Roberto Martinez, but it's not quite so clear-cut. Everyone up to and including Dal Maso was signed before I arrived, whilst Martínez, Manuel and Olivari join thanks to my Head of Youth Development (who I'm not convinced by). Olivari is an interesting one given that we signed him for £9m when at Roma... I can only assume he was transfer-listed by the new guy. Lots of strikers come in due to my new-found preference for the 4-3-3. Dierickx and Fejzic both come from Roma and given the huge transfer fees, I feel no guilt for bringing them with me. Finally, we lacked any sort of full-back. I'm converting Guaita (see previous post) to RB, but Marjanovic will play LB this season. We've paid a bit over the odds, but they all have the potential to be world-beaters so I'm quite happy.

transfersout27_zpsffb8d55b.png

The outgoings were more straightforward. The squad was very centre-back heavy, resulting in Ilija Savic, quite a good defender, being sold to Arsenal. Other than that the only shame was that old manager Donadoni couldn't persuade Cortellini to sign a new contract, as he's still a very good forward.

Fixtures

aug27_zps53e06478.png

This month saw the start of La Liga as well as the Supercoppa between us and Sevilla. We opened with 3 comfortable friendly wins whilst a lot of the squad were away on international duty - the only downside was an injury to striker Franca, who will be out for a month. In the first league match against Valencia we settled in nicely, with two goals from legendary striker Dean Moncur setting us on our way to a comfortable win. We then rescued a draw late on after an abysmal first half against Sevilla and picked up three points in Mallorca. At home against Sevilla life was much more straightforward thanks to a great performance from Miguel and then a team including a number of the reserves saw off Sporting comfortably.

league_aug27_zps5bf4405b.png

Player of the Month

Argentinian starlet Miguel wins this after a great start to the season. A touch harsh maybe, but there's a lot of truth in saying that he's the Nani to Messi's Ronaldo (except not so much of a moron). He's come on a lot since I picked him up for £5m at Lokeren ten years ago and looks very dangerous in that attacking midfield role.

2013-07-19_00005_zps7b2593e3.jpg

Barcelona FC logo.png

September 2027 - FC Barcelona

Fixtures

sep27_zpsf0dacafb.png

We kicked on with a nice victory at Deportivo - the only blemish being the two late goals we (ter Stegen in particular) decided to gift them. Palermo came out of the blocks quickly, but a rocket at half time sorted things, and a draw was harsh on us in the end. Malaga and Sociedad proved easy pickings, with new signing Buelhoa grabbing a hat-trick, before we put another four past Getafe - it could have easily been double that! Finally, I was on the other side of a fixture I once played so long ago when Lokeren came to the Camp Nou. They left beaten as we put ourselves firmly atop Group E. In the league though, we are second by two goals after Real destroyed Deportivo 7-1. It's really a case of who blinks first... Almost like that early Rennes-PSG rivalry all over again.

league_sep27_zps0418a247.png

Player of the Month

This month, we have that rarest of things - a defender winning the award. Flamel has been excellent though, and despite his average (for Barca) stats, he has been the bedrock of this team.

2013-07-19_00019_zps96ffeac1.jpg

Barcelona FC logo.png

October 2027 - FC Barcelona

Fixtures

oct27_zpsfaae4bc0.png

...we blinked first. Atletico are a decent outfit, but still one that we should be beating day in, day out. Marjanovic scored to put us 1-0 up, but they hit back shortly after through their right-winger. The defence certainly seems a little worse than Roma's, which is borne out by the 3-2 win over Levante - only thanks to a late Guaita strike. We hammered Dinamo to edge closer to qualification in the Champions League and then went on to smash Sevilla as well. Cádiz were all but finished in the Copa del Rey after a 3-0 win at their place, and we rounded off the month perfectly with an 8-0 thrashing of Valladolid - Franca being the architect with 7 goals. Better news still - Real had lost twice, to Atletico and Sevilla, giving us a nice gap at the top.

league_oct27_zps6b43dda8.png

Player of the Month

Well, with eight goals in one game, what else do you expect? Franca's playing well since returning from injury, even if he's not quite as stylish as some of my former strikers.

2013-07-19_00024_zps9da72d91.jpg

Barcelona FC logo.png

November 2027 - FC Barcelona

Fixtures

nov27_zps58c2dfa1.png

We ensured that we qualified from the group with an excellent win in Croatia, before heading back to two tricky matches in La Liga. We first beat Numancia at theirs after two cracking Buelhoa goals, then edged past Bilbao after a very good second half performance. Dierickx's hat-trick put us comfortably past Palermo to top the Champions League group before the bizarre loss to Osasuna. I genuinely can't explain it - we were better than them but couldn't score. Just one of those (and hey, it's been a while!)

league_nov27_zpsbe125de9.png

Player of the Month

The left back has settled into Catalan life quickly and managed to grab a good number of assists this month, whilst also playing well at the back. As you can see below, he's also developing quickly - after I realised I had to replace all the backroom staff. Seriously, this was probably one of the worst-run clubs on the game, with just 4 coaches and all of them terrible and on high wages. Grrrr...

2013-07-20_00003_zps39755df0.jpg

Barcelona FC logo.png

December 2027 - FC Barcelona

Fixtures

dec27_zps77717a44.png

Well we really hit a rut this month. Drawing to Lokeren was poor, even with a second-string side, but losing to Zamora?!?! Seriously not good, and the team clearly got the message, hammering them 8-0 in the return fixture. Before that though, we saw off Cádiz in the 4th round and beat Granada comfortably at home. Against Zaragoza, we also left it very late, with substitute Miguel - just back from a 3 month injury - the catalyst for our turnaround. Flamel again got on the scoresheet against Villarreal to ensure we left with a deserved three points. So anyway, why am I worried? Well, our next match - Real Madrid at home.

league_dec27_zps0d574d3a.png

Player of the Month

He rescued the Villarreal match for us and scored late on in the Zaragoza game. On top of that, he's been the rock at the back in a worryingly inconsistent back four. Work to be done ahead of the Real game.

2013-07-20_00007_zps095174e3.jpg

We also had the Champions League Knockout draw towards the end of December, which provides an interesting test with old nemesis Porto. Interestingly there are no easy ties this year. Definitely getting more competitive!

clknockout27_zps3348cc23.png

Barcelona FC logo.png

January 2028 - FC Barcelona

Fixtures

jan28_zps70e68807.png

A month of ups and downs. We dominated Real in both of the first two games, but our profligacy cost us in the Copa del Rey - we gifted them two goals through a penalty and a backpass, and these were the only two shots they had. Franca's snapshot from the edge of the area gave us the points in the league game though, and out of the two, that's the game I'd rather win. Then came another absurd game. We were 2-1 up at Betis but the defence just fell to pieces - it wasn't even a weak team, but we let them score far too easily. Then we exited the Copa after a late strike from their winger. Pleasingly though, we bounced back in the league, hammering Mallorca and Sporting (with a surprising hat-trick hero in CB Flamel) and motoring past Valencia in a game which was far less close than it seems. Real again contrived to lose a silly fixture, dropping three points in Valencia, so we're back to 6 points.

league_jan28_zps87dda638.png

Player of the Month

It certainly helps having your best attacking midfielder back, and Miguel, whilst not threatening the scoreboard, has helped push opposing defences back. He had a great game against Real and set up Franca for the winning goal.

2013-07-21_00003_zps906e2129.jpg

Seems I've hit the bandwidth - older images will be back up in 20 days or so...

Barcelona FC logo.png

February 2028 - FC Barcelona

Signings

I forgot to mention last month that we made two new signings:

Hermann is another familiar face, and I think that fee is the most I've ever paid for anyone on CM/FM. He'll be well worth it though, as it's hard to find players capable of fulfilling that box-to-box role. Youngster Francisco also joins from Betis, and looks a top talent.

Fixtures

feb28_zpsee7e6155.png

A perfect month which has been long overdue - we've eased past teams but never really put them to the sword, until now. Deportivo were first up, with Fejzic hammering them into the ground. Sociedad saw a little squad rotation, but with the same result. Against Malaga, old guard Miguel and Franca took the spotlight, before Franca grabbed another hat-trick against Getafe. We then somehow made it out of Portugal with a 1-0 lead in spite of not being nearly good enough and finally Fejzic put in a one-man show against Atletico. We have a game in hand over Real and hope to make it pay.

league_feb28_zpsd5c623ec.png

Player of the Month

This month was very much a team effort, but it's been great to see Fejzic finally find his feet. He's struggled a bit for goals this season, but looks to be settling in nicely now and still has a bit of development left in him.

2013-07-22_00009_zpsd10e3be7.jpg

I've jumped ahead a bit here so im sorry if this has already been mentioned, I just didnt want to spoil the thread for myself as im enjoying reading it so far. Im up to where you suddenly joined Palace and theres alot of photo bucket error messages. Hopefully can sort it out as dont want to continue reading and miss key parts etc...

I've jumped ahead a bit here so im sorry if this has already been mentioned, I just didnt want to spoil the thread for myself as im enjoying reading it so far. Im up to where you suddenly joined Palace and theres alot of photo bucket error messages. Hopefully can sort it out as dont want to continue reading and miss key parts etc...

Glad you're enjoying it - annoyingly the photobucket account has gone over the bandwidth limit so the pictures won't load until that resets in 20 days time :( - sorry to have to keep you waiting but stick at it, it gets good!

Archived