Really Dont Know How This Happened But....

Congratulations on using FMRTE.

Why would you assume that?

This team has been put together with some lucky transfers and by selling the multitude of players arsenal start with plus all the champ league money and cash from 2 cosecutive premier leagues.

i used the game editor at the beginning t edit walcott, diaby and jenkinson slightly as i thought their stats were a little unfair, but that be it. Nothing else touched.

Messi at Arsenal? Seems legit. To be honest who can say Messi will NEVER leave Barcelona? Only the player himself and he has done many times in the past few years. Seems a little off to me, it's hard to imagine him moving to another club, never mind Arsenal. Have you tweaked Arsenal's reputation at all? Or Messi's loyalty attribute?

Messi at Arsenal? Seems legit. To be honest who can say Messi will NEVER leave Barcelona? Only the player himself and he has done many times in the past few years. Seems a little off to me, it's hard to imagine him moving to another club, never mind Arsenal. Have you tweaked Arsenal's reputation at all? Or Messi's loyalty attribute?

Can honestly say ive not touched either, i was shocked to be honest. But in a game where fabregas has moved to PSG for 14m at 27 and liverpool sign solomon kalou for 25m, anything can happen.

130k per goal.... Ouch, at 70+ a season thats a nice juicy 9.1m on top of wages..... Enjoy that!!

So in summary 80m + 16m agent fee + 18m player + 9.1m for 70 goals (last 2 season stats) + 6.5m (based on just 50 appearances) = potential 1st season outlay = £129.6m... hmmmmmm.

So in summary 80m + 16m agent fee + 18m player + 9.1m for 70 goals (last 2 season stats) + 6.5m (based on just 50 appearances) = potential 1st season outlay = £129.6m... hmmmmmm.

I apologise also add basic wage of 13.75m, you get 143.4m, hope he doesnt break a leg.... :o

I pay 275k plus 130k goal bonus and 130k appearence.

WOW!

That is insane,I would be livid if he kept scoring hat-tricks!

I am still working my way through the leagues so don't have any big earners but I sure as hell wont be paying anywhere near that,how are you managing to keep the club in the black with 1 player taking so much from the club?

hope he doesnt break a leg.... :o

If I was the chairman I would be praying he did...look at the money you would save :p

is it per goal? Ooops, i just thought it'd be for scoring in a game.

LMAO!

I wonder how quickly you will sub him now when the game is won :)

Also no more cup games for Messi,I can just imagine him scoring 10 against a Bristol City team in the FA cup ...the TV camera shows a shot of the chairman crying his eyes out in the stand.

He'll never score 70 in the prem.

Also, who would turn down the chance to pair him with neymar?

Also, arsenal for me seem to be some kind of money machine!

LMAO!

I wonder how quickly you will sub him now when the game is won :)

Also no more cup games for Messi,I can just imagine him scoring 10 against a Bristol City team in the FA cup ...the TV camera shows a shot of the chairman crying his eyes out in the stand.

Oh dear, no wonder he accepted the contract!

Oh well, see how it goes. Arsenal seem to make a lot of cash tho.

And that is just the week to week contract,I would imagine if he is getting such money just to play every week what is his bonuses for making the team of the year,top goalscorer,yearly wage rise,etc.

I little bit of advice to the OP:

Next time you use FMRTE to built a team, get better defenders! :D

To be honest, i dont believe that you could get Messi, Falcão, Neymar and others with a legitime save game. Perhaps pumping some money into the club once or twice? Perhaps getting some extra-managers to bid for the players you want to sell?

But hey... it's your game... play it the way you like it! :)

I little bit of advice to the OP:

Next time you use FMRTE to built a team, get better defenders! :D

To be honest, i dont believe that you could get Messi, Falcão, Neymar and others with a legitime save game. Perhaps pumping some money into the club once or twice? Perhaps getting some extra-managers to bid for the players you want to sell?

But hey... it's your game... play it the way you like it! :)

No and no. Falcao came up for sale in season one, i did do a thread on it. Neymar in season 2 tho he cost a lot. Messi is a total fluke. I bid cause barca wanted vermalen so thought what the heck. They wanted 12om plus player, so i upped to 80m plus and they accepted. Messi's agent told me id have to make a good offer so i did.

My defenders are awesome too! Unbelievable match ratings.

I'm seeing some pretty unlikely things going on in the transfer market in my game to be fair. I have a hunch its because I started the game way back in the demo,

and the way the AI values it's players got a bit broke somehow. As Derby County, I could have signed Neymar, Bojan and Papadopolous first season EPL,

chose not to because it seemed kind of ludicrous.

The Messi transfer is the only one i doubt there but after looking how much you're paying him i don't doubt it at all. Cavani, Neymar and Falcoa all handed in transfer lists in the first 2 seasons of my game so i believe that. With success you would have got a high transfer budget plus players you have sold so the funds were there.

What are your finances like? The club must be in a loads of debt. You will probably end up having to sell most of your team and then will get relegated

Actually... the only transfer I would question would be the Mertesacker one in the first window... strange... the rest is fine, including the messi one...

I'd question why anyone would spend that much on any player.. including Lionel tbh... silly wages and clauses.

The Messi transfer is the only one i doubt there but after looking how much you're paying him i don't doubt it at all. Cavani, Neymar and Falcoa all handed in transfer lists in the first 2 seasons of my game so i believe that. With success you would have got a high transfer budget plus players you have sold so the funds were there.

What are your finances like? The club must be in a loads of debt. You will probably end up having to sell most of your team and then will get relegated

Not in the red at all. Still a bit of cash left, arsenals season ticket sales, plus tv sponser, plus champs league money, plus ticket sales plus league winning money plus player sales. The gunners make a fortune in fm. I finished the season last season with 12m and by the time I started the next season with selling giroud and cazorla I was up to 120m.

Actually... the only transfer I would question would be the Mertesacker one in the first window... strange... the rest is fine, including the messi one...

I'd question why anyone would spend that much on any player.. including Lionel tbh... silly wages and clauses.

Why would you question mertasakers transfer?

I can believe the falcao and neymar transfers because i done the same, except united got netmar first. And after the contract info i would believe the messi deal, but he has never ever been interested in speaking to me because his agent is a douche

I can believe the falcao and neymar transfers because i done the same, except united got netmar first. And after the contract info i would believe the messi deal, but he has never ever been interested in speaking to me because his agent is a douche

Everyone will talk to me now, and thats after winning back to back doubles (league and fa). My scout said messi would not be interested but when the offer was accepted i was suprised to see that the agent told me to make a good offer.

Won the league in first 2 seasons, and the CL in the third and he still won't speak to me at Arsenal :thdn:

Even ronaldos agent talks to me, and my rep is continental and arsenal rep is continental.

I wonder if its anything to do with the players in my squad? Maybe all the high profile signing i have?

I paid Messi's release clause (230mm) and he wanted 475k a week. I went back after a few weeks and offered Barcelona 130mm and they accepted my bid for Messi. I think as long as you somehow are willing to accept his wage the transfer budget is no issue (2017 season now with 105mm transfer budget here).

Archived