Club Reputations in Scotland

I'm playing in Scotland in the moment as St. Mirren and over the last few seasons we have done well a few 4th placed finishes, the rest in the top 6 and a Scottish Cup win so as you'd expect our reputations has increased over time. The strange thing is at the top of the reputation table. Rangers have come back into the SPL at the first attempt and have finished 7th so a good performance but nothing spectacular. During this time Celtic have won all the league titles (4) as well as lifting the Europa League in the most recent season but they still remain below Rangers and have only just matched their 3.5 star reputation rating.

I thought it was unusual given their dominance of the league and performance in Europe?

I'm playing in Scotland in the moment as St. Mirren and over the last few seasons we have done well a few 4th placed finishes, the rest in the top 6 and a Scottish Cup win so as you'd expect our reputations has increased over time. The strange thing is at the top of the reputation table. Rangers have come back into the SPL at the first attempt and have finished 7th so a good performance but nothing spectacular. During this time Celtic have won all the league titles (4) as well as lifting the Europa League in the most recent season but they still remain below Rangers and have only just matched their 3.5 star reputation rating.

I thought it was unusual given their dominance of the league and performance in Europe?

I also noticed this whilst managing Celtic in my game, as soon as Rangers got back into the SPL their rep instantly overtook ours despite us winning back to back SPL titles in the time it took them to get back to the top league. Seems to me the game is giving far too much of a rep increase for gaining promotions in lower leagues compared to winning the SPL.

Managing Rangers and this just happened when I went into 1st division. I laughed. The other thing I noticed is that I'm expected to win against pretty much every team, even when it's ridiculous. Friendlies against all the top clubs, man Utd, man city etc and my assistant seems to think I should be winning as does the post match comment at the top. I get pumped as you would expect, it seems a bit wrong.

Archived