FM2013 Handheld - Winning Tactics Request

Hi Guys,

New to the game. I've trawled the web for solid FM2013 Handheld tactics and have drawn a blank, many are from 2012 or the full PC 2013 version.

Has anyone any they'd like to share? Please back up with proof where possible.

Hey Nebula,

Personally I would go with a 4-1-2-2-1 set out like:

---------GK-------

FB--CB---CB--FB

--------DMC------

----MC-----MC---

--AMR-----AML--

--------ST--------

Role wise, I would look at what players you have and probably play one of the AM's as a Inside Forward, the other as a winger. In the middle play a DLP with a Box to box and then DMC I would use a BWM. ST should be something like a complete forward or deep lying, you don't want to leave a player like a poacher upfront on his own.

Put the team on Attacking, short passing, pressing and committed tackling.

Hopefully that should get you results, it has done for me on many a save game. I can't provide screenshots, so you will just have to trust me... :D

Ha, I'll take your word for it! How do you decide who the IF and who should be the winger? Crossing vs Shooting stats? Also what makes a good DLP vs a Box to Box?

With your tactics can you expand in why short, committed etc? I just want to understand your thought process?

Many Thanks!

Ha, I'll take your word for it! How do you decide who the IF and who should be the winger? Crossing vs Shooting stats? Also what makes a good DLP vs a Box to Box?

With your tactics can you expand in why short, committed etc? I just want to understand your thought process?

Many Thanks!

Well, I like short passing, not a big fan of the hoof ball tactics deployed by certain other testers (Aaron). Committed tackling, I like my players to make sure they win the tackle when they go for it. Pressing because I like to make sure the other team have no time on the ball, and attacking because, well I like to score goals Nebula, I really do.

Well. The winger should have decent Pace, Dribble and Crossing, the IF should have decent Shooting, Movement and Pace (imo, sure others will disagree). Box to Box needs decent stamina and be a bit of an all rounder, your DLP needs to be decent in passing, creativity and technique.

Hope this gives you a decent idea on how to pick your players for the tactic.

I think it depends on your team greatly, for example if you are after a giant killing then using an attacking formation isn't wise.

Obviously, but you won't be having a 'Giant killing' match every week, so the previous was posted as a general tactic (As he is new to the game, I imagine he will be using a fairly decent big club, I hope, so should have a team that can play that system). He's obviously having an issue with tactics, so it's probably better to just start with a tactic and fit your players into that to start off with, rather than developing a tactic based upon his individual players which may become confusing for brand new users.

Really useful, thanks all. Yes I've started off with the bigger clubs, Chelsea / City so I can get a grasp of the game. I appreciate the real challenge is managing Fleetwood Town on an uprise giants Utd.

I'll give them a go and see how it all pans out. Any further advice welcome.

Well, I like short passing, not a big fan of the hoof ball tactics deployed by certain other testers (Aaron). Committed tackling, I like my players to make sure they win the tackle when they go for it. Pressing because I like to make sure the other team have no time on the ball, and attacking because, well I like to score goals Nebula, I really do.

Well. The winger should have decent Pace, Dribble and Crossing, the IF should have decent Shooting, Movement and Pace (imo, sure others will disagree). Box to Box needs decent stamina and be a bit of an all rounder, your DLP needs to be decent in passing, creativity and technique.

Hope this gives you a decent idea on how to pick your players for the tactic.

Also how do you have your defenders set role wise?

I've been using a 4-4-2 attacking and i've had some good results in two of my saves

--------GK--------

FBK--CTR--CTR--FBK

------------------

-----CM--CM-----

WNG----------WNG

-----CMF-CMF-----

Defensive mentality, mixed passing, normal tackling and pressing on.

• 1 month later...
Rooney's Super Duper 4-1-2-3 tm

-----------Gk-----------

WBK---CTR---CTR---WBK

----------DLM-----------

-------CM-----CM-------

-------------------------

----ADF---TM---ADF-----

Home

Attacking

Short

Committed

Pressing

Away

Balanced

Direct

Committed

Pressing

Working a trick with West Brom and Everton saves.

-------------------

Won the treble in first season with Spurs using these tactics on 2013, quadruple the next....and just managed to snap up Neymar on a free at the start of my third season.

Highly recommend signing Toivonen and Lenny Nangis! Plus recommend anyone signing Harry Kane...now worth 21m!

Stuck with Defoe on a stupid contract though... :-(

Thanks!

-------------------

Won the treble in first season with Spurs using these tactics on 2013, quadruple the next....and just managed to snap up Neymar on a free at the start of my third season.

Highly recommend signing Toivonen and Lenny Nangis! Plus recommend anyone signing Harry Kane...now worth 21m!

Thanks!

I very stupidly let Harry Kane go on a free cause I wouldn't give in to his wage demands. Stats are brilliant now.

This is best i have come across only one i use now best since bugle

Attacking

Mixed/Short (I find both to work as well as each other)

Commited

Pressing and offside trap yes

Others no

Lb Rb both Wingbacks

Both Cbs bpd

Middle Cm Apm outer 2 Cm

3 Forwards all Adv forward

• 2 weeks later...
-------------------

Thanks!

Excellent. Glad youre doing well with it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can firmly back daan27's tactic - his modified one as the one i'm using is slightly different from his january post). I've used it in my long term save with Harrogate (3x premier league; 1x league cup; 1x FA Cup; 1x champions league and 1x johnstone's paint (or whatever it's called these days), as well as multiple lower league championships.

I've also used it with Scotland as the national team manager and its served me well there, although i'm only half way through a WC qualifying campaign. The only limiting factors i find is that the BWM and AMC seem to tire very quickly.

I can firmly back daan27's tactic - his modified one as the one i'm using is slightly different from his january post).

In the pic above both CMs are listed as CMs but I find you get on a lot better with 2 BWM. If you only have 1 BWM, then using a CM or BBM next to the BWM seems to work OK, but under no circumstances should you put an APM in midfield. Only having 3 at the back and a non-defensive midfield seems to let the opposition run through and the defenders can't cope.

--- CTR --- CTR --- CTR ---

----------------------------

WNG -- BWM -- BWM -- WNG

------------ APM -----------

------- ADF ---- PCR -------

(I haven't noticed any difference with strikers but I usually have an advanced forward and a poacher, but feel free to use whatever your strikers prefer.)

#4 - I've also just started a new save with Scotland (and Rangers, but Scotland is my main focus) and I'm sitting 2nd in the WC qual group and doing OK with it too.

#4 - I've also just started a new save with Scotland (and Rangers, but Scotland is my main focus) and I'm sitting 2nd in the WC qual group and doing OK with it too.

Yes, also second in my qualifying group after 4 or 5 games. The tactic seems to smash poorer teams but i have so far struggled against larger, more talented nations. I think that's more down to the players at my disposal than the tactic though!

tactics:

attacking

short (switch to direct at Ht if needed)

committed

offside trap, pressing & men behind the ball - yes, counter attack - no

training

fitness, tactics & motivation are intensive, attack & defence are medium

If a player moans set him to medium for all skills

I first used a 4 1 2 2 1 and this was successful but during one bad spell I switched to the narrow diamond of 4 1 2 1 2 and have used it ever since.

I've taken Hav & Wat & Pompey to the prem and won everything. In Brazil I won the league with ABC and became national boss.

I won the big one for my only time so far!

Since the most recent update I started a new save as Hav & Wat again and its 2021 and just finished 5th qualifying for Europa in my first season in the prem. I expect to start winning within another two seasons, maybe next!

This tactic does work and although I've used it at every level I've never gone straight in to a top league or national side

You still have to tweak of course, obtain the right players and balance their playing roles but I hope this helps.

I am currently 1st with spurs in the premier league using a wacky tactic of 3-1-3-1-2. With balanced, mixed passing , committed tackling and pressing. This absolutely tears apart every team at home and the lower teams away however away against the big teams using this tactic it doesn't really work. Give it a try

Try this tactic, I must admit it's not mine but I've used it with the likes of West Ham, FC Twente, Tottenham, Doncaster Rovers and Leeds.

----------GK-----------

WB--CD---CD---WB

--CM--BMW--DLM-

--------------------AML(InF)

----CmF----Pcr-----

Team Ment = Attacking

Passing Style = Direct

Tackling = Normal

Pressing, Offside = Yes

Counter, men behind ball = No

See how you go

• 4 weeks later...

@ andre villas boas, i use this formatin aswell, won the italian league wif Roma in my 1st season but put outta the italian cup by Napoli, their 343 attackin seems to fizzle out my formation tho i did find a way to beat them.

this is my usual

--------GK--------

--CB----CB---CB--

-------BWM-------

--AP---CM---AP--

--------AP-------

----AdF-----P----

balanced

short passing - change to direct if not scoring

committed tackling

pressing yes

offside yes

counter and men behind ball no.

if ur away against a top/better team i usually go defensive and change offside trap to no and counter att and men behind ball to yes

against unorthodox formations lik Napoli's 343 attacking i usually go

----------GK---------

---FB--CB--CB---FB--

---------------------

---AP---CM---AP----

---------AP---------

----AF--------P-----

same tactics as before, balanced and short passing etc but if ur worried u could put the attackin mid in as a bwm in the def mid position.

• 3 weeks later...
Hah

Same for me but I use BPDs and a CMF

Formation works a treat though !

Those can work and I sometimes switch to that actually when I'm losing a big game or tied. The key is the BWM tho, those guys keep the ball in your hands and on the opponents side of the field.

I don't get many goals from my BWMs but the 4 guys ahead of them more than compensate

yeah, ur bwm are for possession only, but will score 5-10 a season if they are good enough. My poacher gets 40+ a season if they stay healthy. That's more than enough for me.

yeah, ur bwm are for possession only, but will score 5-10 a season if they are good enough. My poacher gets 40+ a season if they stay healthy. That's more than enough for me.

I've wondered what the effect would be if I changed one of the BWMs to either a DLM or a CM or even a B2B !!

... a more attacking team perhaps.

Attacking

Commited

Others no

Lb Rb both Wingbacks

Both Cbs bpd

Middle Cm Apm outer 2 Cm

good morning messi77...

try the tactic has said is the best I ever tasted in general. with Rangers won within 2 years the cup and reached the semifinals Cup one time and another was conquered. also 2 championship on two low class. now I'm in the 1st Division Scotland. Thank you. the best tactic. I wanted to ask something else.

you know same tactic for MANAGER 2011; as that offered by the mobile some similarities tactics for the computer; Ι play the MANAGER 2011 Trying to find an invincible tactic. I want a regular for low quality team. eg I have Xanthi. what tactic to put; Thanks ...

Attacking

Commited

Others no

Lb Rb both Wingbacks

Both Cbs bpd

Middle Cm Apm outer 2 Cm

Indeed, best formation for me personally, year 2033 now: W 1057, D 134, L 117

Easy to manage, only need to worried about wing back's left or right.

• 4 weeks later...

Attacking

Commited

Others no

Lb Rb both Wingbacks

Both Cbs bpd

Middle Cm Apm outer 2 Cm

hey can somebody post a pic, save it to youtube or upload the file, to show this tactic? i think its a brilliant tactic!!!

Rooney's Super Duper 4-1-2-3 tm

-----------Gk-----------

WBK---CTR---CTR---WBK

----------DLM-----------

-------CM-----CM-------

-------------------------

----ADF---TM---ADF-----

Home

Attacking

Short

Committed

Pressing

Away

Balanced

Direct

Committed

Pressing

Working a trick with West Brom and Everton saves.

can u post a pic or show the tactic on youtube? i just want it to be specific. thanks..

Do you guys sign players specifically to fill roles so that you can use a certain tactic?

I've always simply signed the best players available to me and then used a tactic that suits them.

i.e. Whatever formation allows me to get my best 11 players on the pitch and give them roles that are suggested by the assistant manager as either preferred or recommended.

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

I tend to have a preferred style which I lead a team towards long term, although often I'll frequently play according to the players I have when I start at a club ... this is especially the case if the club is cash strapped.

(the preferred style might change depending on the level I'm playing at - in the lower leagues I like being overly physical, in the upper leagues I look for pace and skill ..)

Do you guys sign players specifically to fill roles so that you can use a certain tactic?

I've always simply signed the best players available to me and then used a tactic that suits them.

i.e. Whatever formation allows me to get my best 11 players on the pitch and give them roles that are suggested by the assistant manager as either preferred or recommended.

Sorry mate - I have 2 favoured formations, one which is mentioned in my posts here (4-2-3-1), the other is a 3-3-2-2.

I tend to just take a look at my squad and if I have a few wingers/inside forwards then I will play with one tactic. If I have 3-4 good CBs then I go for the 3 at the back one.

I prefer not having to bring in loads of players to fit with a formation I want to play - just makes it a bit easier :)

Archived