It's the end of the world as we know it

JackJCFC

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think your right about making the group stages and going pro. If i did win the title i think TNS would be hurt financially providing they don't do what i've done in the Euro cup.

I have sometimes tried mind games but its not something i do often as i don't want it to have a negative effect on my team.

I'm not a star either with them, just would get so frustrated in getting beat by the same team over and over again that I might want to risk it.

April/May 2024

Ptwhp.png

ymPNw.png

Couldn't have blown it more if we'd tried. We managed just 1 point from our last 3 games which made it 1 win in our last 7. On that form alone we don't deserve the title. If we'd have beaten Bridgend and TNS we'd have won the league, instead we put in some pathetic performances which resulted in us finishing closer to 3rd than 1st. The fact we had David Lewis injured since the end of March didn't help as he often carried us, the fact we scored 3 goals when he was missing says it all. To make matter worse we lost to them in the Welsh cup final as well which meant they won the treble for about the 10th time.

If we don't win the league next season then i don't see us challenging for a long time as alot of my best players are starting to want to move to bigger teams and want bigger wages that i can't offer unless i get more money.

Carmarthen 2023/24

League

Predicted: 2nd

Finished: 2nd

We had the chance to win it this season with TNS slipping up more than usual. Instead we won just 1 of our last 7 games which led to us finishing 8 points behind and closer to 3rd than 1st. Overall it was the draws that really cost us, drawing 8 times is really poor for our standards and that’s 16 points dropped, just winning half of those games would have won us the league.

League Table

European teams for next season

ECC – TNS

EC - Bridgend, Carmarthen, Port Talbot.

Cups

Welsh Cup – Made it to the final where we lost 1-0 to TNS. Winner: TNS

League Cup - Lost in the quarter final to Aberystwyth. Winner: TNS

Europe

We had a great run in Europe this season. We beat NSI in the 1st round before going on to beat Genk and Heerenveen in the 2nd and 3rd respectively. In the playoff we faced Arsenal and lost 4-0 on aggregate.

Results.

Transfers

Just a couple of loans in this season, neither of which played much or played well when they did. Not much else to say on this front otherwise, most of those who left were youth players who were now too old.

Transfers

Finances

Our revenue this season was over 1 million due to our success in Europe again. Our balance went up to 710k but is now down to 210k due to losing around 60k per month with our biggest cost being the youth setup. I’m tempted to downgrade this as we didn’t get much through this season and I want to build enough for the board to let us scout outside of Wales.

Finances

Wales

The national team is ranked 64th in the World and will be in the Euros this summer.

TNS lost to Sion in the 2nd qualifying round of the CL.

Bridgend won in the 1st round against Mura 05 but lost in the 2nd against Mogren..

Aberystwyth lost to Gyor in the 1st qualifying round of the euro cup.

WPL Rank140th, Down 6 places.

Carmarthen Rank –252nd. Up 32 places.

Co-efficient – 5.500/42nd. Same seedings.

Welsh footballer of the year: Aaron Ramsey (Liverpool)

Welsh young player of the year: Sion Johnson (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Michael Cressey (TNS)

WPL Young Player of the year: Stuart Johnson (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Johnson Hippolyte (TNS)

Euro Cup

nvntS.png

We were disappointing this year, going out in the 2nd round. We beat the Andorran amateur team easily in the 1st round which put us in the 2nd round to face Malmo, an easier draw than any of the previous few years. In the first leg we dominated possession with 67% but failed to create much in terms of chances despite them having 10 men for 40 minutes, this led to us suffering a 1-0 defeat with no away goal. In the 2nd leg we went 2-0 up in the first half hour, with Malmo pulling one back on the 32nd minute. Johnson made it 3-1 before half time and we controlled the game after half time. It was on the 76th minute that Malmo scored and went ahead on away goals and we weren't able to reply despite going all out for a goal.

We made 180k from getting to the 2nd round but we can expect to be heavily in debt by the end of the season. At least we won't have European games disrupting the season start which is also a bonus.

I should also note that i've got junior coaching up to exceptional because im fed of up the board not letting me scout outside of Wales. If i go into huge debt so be it, its their fault.

Pre-season

yAUjv.png

A good set of friendly results, pleased to see we didn't concede and we scored enough goals too. The West Ham reserves win was our best result out of the 3, with the other 2 being quite easy games.

Transfers - Made our first transfer for several years. We were a bit short in midfield so i spent a bit of out 10k budget on a young defensive midfielder. He won't be anything more than a backup but he looks like he should do a good job. My Director of football also signed a Right mid on loan which is useful as my best RM is out for 3 months after breaking his leg near the end of last season.

Luke Griffiths

Michael Leonard

August/September 2024

v28ho.png

od8NH.png

We've had a good start to the season results wise, winning 5 out of 6 with just 1 draw. However, performances have been quite worrying with most of our wins being quite tight games and with our defense being a bit shaky. I've had to drop Mainwaring after a few bad performances as he was so nervous in matches. The good news for us is that TNS are already 2 points behind us having drawn 2 games. The bad news is that Bridgend have won all their games so far and are top of the league, i'm hoping they'll fade as the season goes on but i can't guarantee it so it looks like i'll have more competition!

October/November 2024

nnLPn.png

V23zh.png

League wise we're doing fantastic, it's our best ever start. We won every match in the league this month which is a record 11 wins in a row. Our defense has been brilliant recently and we haven't conceded in 7 games. The most important result in this period was a close 2-1 win over TNS which opened up an even bigger gap between the 2 sides, this gap is now 7 points.

We lost in the League cup to TNS in a heavy 4-1 defeat, not overly bothered as i put out reserves. We won the 3rd round of the Welsh cup but we have TNS in the next round so chances are we'll lose!

December 2024/January 2025

JAit8.png

cEw4O.png

The winning streak continues :cool:. We have now won 19 games in a row and sit top of the league with 64 points already, almost beating our record for a season already! We have a couple of close calls against Ton Pentre and Bridgend but we managed to grind out the wins. I was most impressed with our 3-0 win over TNS whom we battered to go 10 points clear. Since then they've matched us win for win but it leaves us in a good position going into the last 10 games. We can afford to lose against TNS twice and still be 4 points clear, not that i want that to happen!

My main concerns right now is that David Lewis, one of our star players won't sign a new contract. It's up at the end of the season and he won't even consider our top line which is around 600 pound a week. I could have got around 500k for him in January but i didn't want to lose him for the title push and hoped he might sign in the last few months. What also concerns me is that we are losing 100k a month due to our junior coaching, because of this we are 225k in the red!

Fantastic month jack. This is the season! I can feel it!
I agree! This is going to be the year!
Wow! What a season so far, briiliant.
Doing alright Jack :D

You're all right! This year was our year! :D

February/March 2025

XTZJ5.png

DRSUJ.png

Our winning streak ended against TNS with a poor 3-2 defeat. That defeat meant that our lead was cut to 7 points with 8 games left, however, whilst we recovered and went on to win our next 5 games, TNS picked up only 1 win in 5, losing 3 times including in our most recent game where we beat them 3-1.
This has extended the gap between us to 18 points with 3 games left so we're sure to win the league with style. The win that actually won us the league beyond doubt was our convincing 4-1 win over Bridgend
and i
'm hoping that we can win our last 3 games as
well!

A weakened team in the Welsh cup lost to TNS in the 4th round.

Huge congratulations! :applause:

I don't mind admitting, this is the league title I have most enjoyed, except for my own, of course. :D

Cheers man :thup:. Think it has to go down as one of my most satisfying wins in FM simply due to the fact its taken me about 12 seasons to win it!

April/May 2025

mOTa9.png

7HrVG.png

We won the league in style as we picked up 3 wins in our last 3 games, all 3 being comfortable wins. TNS were unfortunate to drop even more points on the final day which left the gap between us at 21 point in the end which is pretty incredible given how we've struggled to keep up with them at times. With only 5 points dropped this season, i believe this is the best a team has ever done in the league since this career begun.

Carmarthen 2024/25

League

Predicted: 2nd

Finished: 1st

What a season we’ve had! We ended the 13 year wait to finally win the league and we done it in some style. We took top spot early on with TNS dropping points unexpectedly in the first few games. We hit some incredible form as we racked up 20 league wins in a row to take us 10 points clear of TNS in 2nd. Even when we lost to TNS top spot was never in danger as TNS’s form seem to drop dramatically, allowing us to pull ahead even further, finishing 21 points clear!

League Table

European teams for next season

ECC – Carmarthen

EC - Bridgend, TNS, Porthmadog.

Cups

Welsh Cup – Drew TNS in the 4th round and lost with a weakened side. Winner: TNS

League Cup - Lost in the 1st round to TNS. Winner: TNS

Europe

A poor run by recent seasons standards, we won the 1st round against an Andorran amateur team but lost in the 2nd round on away goals to Malmo.

Results.

Transfers

Luke Griffiths CDM, CM: Signed for 4k as a backup player. Spent most of his time either injured or on the bench but he done alright when he came on.

Michael Leonard RM: only a loan signing but a great one nonetheless. He was a constant threat, getting 2 goals 17 assists in 20 league games and I’m hoping to make him a permanent addition to the squad this summer.

There’s not much news apart from that in terms of transfers, again, it was only ex youth players leaving the club on frees with no loans out this season.

The most gutting news this summer is that David Lewis still won’t sign a contract so it looks like im going to lose him on a free, with Hibs looking the most likely destination.

Transfers

Finances

We didn’t make as much in Europe this year, only getting around 200k. Our monthly expenditure was a lot higher than last season as I made our junior coaching exceptional, this meant we were losing between 50-100k per month. When we did go into the red I did ask the board to cut the junior coaching but they ‘didn’t have the funds’ to cut it!

Our current balance stands at -364k.

We have a new 5 year kit sponsor worth 60k per year, it was previously 36k per year.

Finances

Wales

The national team is ranked 39th in the World and are 2nd in WC qualifying.

TNS lost to Buducnost in the 2nd qualifying round of the CL.

Bridgend lost to Vaduz in the 1st round of the Euro cup.

Aberystwyth lost to Diosigyor in the 1st qualifying round of the euro cup.

WPL Rank 128th. Up 12 places.

Carmarthen Rank272nd. Down 20 places.

Co-efficient 5.375/43rd. Same seedings.

Welsh footballer of the year: Aaron Ramsey (Liverpool)

Welsh young player of the year: Scott Brace (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Michael Cressey (TNS)

WPL Young Player of the year: Ricky Gibson (TNS)

Manager of the year: Me (Carmarthen)

Champions League

PKpUX.png

We have made our debut in the Champions league and we done ok for our first time. In the 2nd qualifying round we faced Olimpija whom we beat 3-2 in the first leg, scoring 3 times in the first half and conceding twice in the 2nd half. In the 2nd leg it was a more comfortable win, this time 3-1 which allowed us to progress to the next round.

In the 3rd qualifying round we faced Dinamo, Croatian champions. They were a much tougher challenge and beat us 3-0 in the first leg which pretty much killed of the tie, to make matters worse for us, Sion Johnson picked up an injury to keep him out for 8 weeks. We took an early lead in the 2nd leg and generally performed better but we never looked like turning the tie around to score 3 goals.

Despite only playing in 2 round, it proved to be very lucrative for us. We made 550k in prize money which has bumped our bank balance to 142k. This should increase even further as we now drop into the Euro Cup playoff where we face Vit. Guimaraes, probably the best team we could have hoped to face in our seeding pot with the likes of Sevilla, Tottenham and Ajax making up the other teams.

Pre season

9euCX.png

Just the standard 1 friendly with European football. It was an easy with with some of the youngsters scoring.

Transfers - Just the 1 player in on loan, he can play in midfield or centre back but i intend to use him in midfield. In terms of our goings, David Lewis left on a free to join Hibs whilst i released a few other players who had been in and around the 1st team. Cosgrove was the biggest name, now 32 and not performing to his old standard, his wage was a burden so he had to go. The likes of Hurlin, Porter and Price could well have been decent backups at some point down the line but i believe i have other players who can fulfill their roles better. That said, i do think that our squad is pretty thin and in a worse position than last season.

Denis Matthews

Youths

[/url]Liam Lucas

Martyn Jones

Euro Cup Playoff

8G3Qt.png

What a stressful experience this was! The 1st leg was actually pretty easy going, it was an even match but we hit them well on the counter attack and got 3 important away goals and a 2 goal cushion for the home leg. The home leg however was a different story.

We took an early 2-0 lead in the first half to put us 5-1 up on aggregate which made it look difficult for the other team to get back in it. I was wrong. They got one back on the 37th minute and the 56th minute to make it 5-3 on aggregate, at this point i went from confident to a bit nervy. Things became worse when they scored again on the 61st minute, meaning another goal for them would put us out. However, we then got a penalty from which their goalkeeper was sent off when they'd already used their 3 subs, Brace kept his cool to convert the penalty. At this point i was fairly confident that'd we'd see the game out, they had 10 men and an outfield player in goal, i was wrong again. They made it 6-5 on aggregate on the 78th minute meaning they needed another goal to go through and they had their chances. We certainly rode our luck in those last 10 minutes as we sat back and absorbed the pressure but eventually the final whistle came and we won the tie.

The win if huge for us financially, we get 1.13million in prize money for making the group stage. On top of this we have the earnings still to come from attendances and TV revenue aswell as any extra prize money should we get any draws/wins in the group!

Finances

My only concern now is how we are going to juggle European football and domestic football whilst still competing as best we can in Europe and trying to win the league at the same time. We have a pretty small squad so its certainly going to test it to its limits.

9p5ec.png

As i predicted a couple of seasons ago, its all happening at once! We're finally beginning to make some big steps in the progression of this club. Now that European football has lined our pockets with its millions i've asked the board if we can go pro and after some persuasion they've agree to do it at the end of the season. This will not only let me tie players down for longer, it will mean they develop better as they can train full time, player fitness should go up as a result of the F/T training as well, we should hopefully be able to attract better players and hopefully they board will let us scout outside of Wales for the first time! i did request it just before this request for going pro but they declined again.

great work Jack, so well deserved :D

Cheers mate!

8EvfH.png

The group draw has been done and i think we've done alright with the teams we got. We are the lowest ranked team in the draw but i think we can get something out of the Dynamo Kyiv and Panathinaikos games if we play like we have before in Europe. Of course that'll depend on what happening around that league wise as that's my focus but some extra money from a draw or win would be great. I think getting anything from the Sevilla games is going a bit too far so im just going to enjoy the extra ticket revenue that match brings! :D

Congratulations! You finally made it!

I think you will be granted to scout outside Wales after you've gone pro. It looks like TNS has finally broken down, I wouldn't be surprised if they drop down into mediocrity in the coming seasons.

I wouldnt say TNS are gone just yet! They still done alright last season really.

I bet it feels absolutely brilliant to have finally topple TNS :D Good luck in the new season,hopefully you can have a good adventure in Europe.
Congratulations!

Cheers guys, i think our run in Europe might disrupt our league form though as we have a really small squad.

CENeI.png

Just had one of my promising strikers stolen from me on deadline day. He was on a non-contract and wouldnt accept a part time offer from me so i lost him on a free. This leaves us with just 3 fit strikers for the next few weeks.

August/September 2025

MrtQs.png

tcqLG.png

We've not had a good start to the league this season, dropping 5 points behind 1st already. Firstly we drew to Newton who are one of the worst teams in the division, for that match we'd rested players for Europe so it can kinda be forgiven. However, the defeat to Pretatyn was just a poor all round performance from a strong team that i put out. The draw to TNS also annoyed me as we were 2-0 up at half time but we let it slip, with fitness being a bit of a problem for us, the same almost happened at Bridgend but Davies came off the bench to save the 3 points for us late on.

Europe

gLrCB.png

You can see the playoff win that we had over the 2 legs and our first group game. We actually managed to win our first group game with a great performance in which we actually dominated. It was 16 year old James who got the only goal of the game, his 4th in Europe already, it is these types of performances that have attracted the likes of Premier League Brighton who put in a 6k bid which i rejected.

That match/win in Europe helped to bring in 167k in prize money and around 100k in through tickets which has helped us make a profit of 267k this month.

Euro Cup

sVRKe.png

eVSoR.png

We're half way through the group stage now and we have picked up 4 points so far which is impressive for our first time. We went to Kyiv and managed to hold out for a 0-0 which gave us 89k. We were outplayed by Sevilla but we put on a good performance and our late goal gave us a brief moment of hope that we could get a draw.

October/November 2025

0kTsX.png

bokYL.png

We've been in good for these last couple of month, winning all our league games which takes us on a run of 9 in a row in total. We have rode our luck a bit in some matches such as the recent one against Barry but its all about the 3 points. This form has taken us into 2nd place and now just 3 points behind TNS who are also winning most of their games.

We lost to TNS in the league cup which im thankful for as i didn't want the extra games. We won the 3rd round of the Welsh cup easily despite playing a 2nd team, i don't mind progressing in this as the next round isn't until February and theres more money in it.

Europe

zczrD.png

tu7pD.png

Only one game in Europe since the last European update, it was a 2-0 home defeat to Sevilla which played out a lot like the away leg, Sevilla dominating the match. That said, we are still in 2nd place after the other 2 teams drew both times against each other, so if we can get a win against one of them we stand a good chance of going through!

Euro Cup

XTvID.png

zbG88.png

We were awful against Panathinaikos and deservedly lost 3-0. Against Dinamo Kyiv we were a bit unlucky to lose, we played well and it was an even match but their class was enough to bring them through.

From what was a promising start we've been a bit disappointing. I would have hoped to at least be a bit closer to 2nd/3rd given how well we were doing even after 4 games but we seemed to let ourselves down.

Shame how it fizzled out in Europe, but still was a commendable effort. Need to focus on the league now; TNS look pretty solid again!

I think if you'd have told me i'd do what i did in Europe this season before it started i'd have been happy so i have to take it as a bonus. Bit annoying to see TNS so strong again but hopefully they trip up at some point!

December/January 2026

Vt8HH.png

CHetK.png

We've had a great past couple of month with only 1 defeat in the league, unfortunately it was to TNS so it put them 6 points ahead. They haven't dropped any points since either so we are going to have to beat them in the final 10 matches which is do-able given our good form at the moment.

We're also through to the 5th round of the Welsh cup after an easy win over Aberystwyth in the 4th round.

Ah, anther Welsh career! Brilliant work so far, it's always sweeter when it takes a few years to win trophies. I loved my spell at Haverfordwest on FM11, but this looks like a fantastic career so far. Hope you can claw back TNS again this year.

Terrific effort reaching the Group Stage in the Europa League Jack. :)

Cheers bud, the 1st of many i hope!

Ah, anther Welsh career! Brilliant work so far, it's always sweeter when it takes a few years to win trophies. I loved my spell at Haverfordwest on FM11, but this looks like a fantastic career so far. Hope you can claw back TNS again this year.

I think i can remember your Welsh career, i just cant stay away myself :p Think its much harder on FM13 than it ever has been though!

H7Ujq.png

Wow, just had this guy through my academy and he looks incredible. He doesn't have pace but i think he can make a great deep lying forward for me so i'm pretty excited. His technical and mental stats for a 15 year old at this level are just insane!

February/March 2026

HFmPB.png

iQGEO.png

Again, our unbeaten run continues. We were fortunate to get a 2-2 draw at TNS, we went down to 10 men in the first half and were generally 2nd best, i was just thankful we didn't fall further behind. We won all the other games this month, including the home game against TNS which put us 3 points behind with 3 games left. We just need to carry on our winning streak and hope TNS drop some points if we are to win the league, however i think thats going to be unlikely.

We're through to the semi final of the Welsh cup after a narrow win over Goytre, we have Bryntirion in the semi so i'd expect us to make the final.

April/May 2026

ceg9Z.png

gGoVs.png

We won our last 3 games in the league but so did TNS so we ended up in 2nd place which is a bit disappointing. Its actually our 2nd ever highest points tally after last season but TNS were just that bit better overall, we really needed to get more from then in the 4 games we played them. I think European football at the beggining of the season also affected our form and ultimately was part of the reason we didnt win the league, that said it was worth it for the money.

We made it to the final of the Welsh cup where we faced TNS. It was a perfect opportunity to get our own back for the league but after a tense game, it ended 0-0 after ET and we lost 4-3 on pens.

Archived