It's the end of the world as we know it

JackJCFC

February/March

PjlDUIU.png

qizsUUG.png

We wrapped up the league title and performances since haven't been that great which is disappointing. We suffered a shock 3-1 defeat to Airbus in the quarter finals, conceding twice in the last 6 minutes, really not happy about that but not much i can do about it now.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro Cup

Quarter Final

gdGPUPL.png

Stade Rennais (A): A surprisingly easy match. Morgan got himself another hat trick to make it 8 in the Euro Cup already, with Middleton and Lewis also chipping in goals to almost guarantee us progression into the semis.

Stade Rennais (H): Rested half the team from the last game as they were a card away from a ban. We still found victory easy to come by, even if a couple of the players were a bit complacent.

Euro Cup

Semi Final

uQtX5E4.png

Athletic (H): Conceded after 33 seconds which wasn't great. Pulled it back to 2-1 just after half time but conceded twice in the last 15 mins, including the 3rd on the 93rd minute which was a killer.

Athletic (A): A really dull game, we didn't perform as we neede and conceded in the last couple of minutes as we pushed for goals.

Well done with your European ventures.
Hard luck in the Champions League, but good to see you dominating the league and making progress in the Europa.

Thanks guys, its a good job we've got to the semis this season. Really helps to keep the club co-efficient ticking over as well as the Welsh one hopefully.

April/May

0b0Ns72.png

tpoNWLc.png

Heads seemed to drop after the defeat to Athletic which led to us losing the League Cup final against Llanelli, making this season our least successful in decades. We then put in a really poor performance against Rhyl which was disappointing. Roll on next season!

Carmarthen 2039/40

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

A really strong season for us, it seems that having a high win bonus invigorated the players.

League Table

European teams for next season

ECC – Carmarthen, Rhyl.

EC – TNS, Newtown, Barry, Llanelli.

Welsh Cup

League Cup

Europe

Came 3rd in the group behind Dinamo, Man United and Bayern.

We beat Celtic, Villarreal and Stade Rennais in the Euro Cup but lost 4-2 to Athletic in the semi finals.

Results

Group

Transfers

Jim Barker

Transfers

Finances

• Training facilities are being upgraded at a cost of 2.3million

• Youth facilities are being upgraded at a cost of 5.75million.

• There was a 9.25million shareholder payout at the end of the season.

• We made over 15million from TV revenue.

• We have a new kit sponsor worth 450k per annum, 300k less than TNS.

Finances

Wales

Champions League

Aberystwyth: Best Placed 3rd Round: Lost 2-0 to AZ.

Euro Cup

Rhyl: 2nd qualifying round: Beat Elfborg 5-2.

3rd qualifying round: Beat KR 4-2.

Playoff: :Lost 6-3 to Malmo.

Llanelli: Playoff: Lost 3-2 to Villareal.

Barry: 3rd qualifying round: Lost 2-0 to H.Tel Aviv.

Aberystwyth: Playoff: Lost 3-2 to Club Brugge.

TNS: Playoff: Beat Motherwell on away goals after drawing 3-3.

Results / Group

WPL Rank 10th. Down 2 places.

Carmarthen Rank14th. Up 3.

Co-efficient31.717/8th. Stay the same.

Welsh footballer of the year: Michael Morgan (Carmarthen)

Welsh young player of the year: Dylan Watts (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Felisberto Gomes (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year:Dylan Watts (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Me (Carmarthen)

A good effort in Europe haven't been embarrassed by teams in much better leagues so you can be dam proud of that! Shame you couldn't get passed Athletic and put Carmarthen in the final.

We are one of the better leagues now ;) I was hoping to get to my first European final but i guess it'll have to wait, theres a few areas of my team that clearly need improving before we can be challenging the top teams consistently so a few more years yet!

WUGXdJz.png

Hallelujah! Only been trying to do this for the last 30 years, first time in this career i've been able to improve it. All other facilities/coaching is top, shame this is still pretty basic but its an improvement at last.

Have any relatives of you or any other players, staff members, other players etc. came through the game ?

Not that i'm aware of, i certainly haven't. I do have some European staff but i've only ever had 1 french player who wasn't a son, the rest have all been Welsh. Their names are all so similar every year i never really bother to check.

Pre-season

gvwoB8z.png

Only played 3 seasons again as i forgot to check and make sure there were more!

Transfers

Transfers Out: Mostly just youth players released or loaned out. The only big transfer was that of Dongombe for 7.5million, he was 29 and in his last year of his contract so i didn't really want to be giving out a big contract to a guy who's gonna be starting to decline soon, especially as he was already really slow. He was replaced by the one player i bought in.

Transfers In

Just one just coming in, he cost 10.5million although 5.5million of that is over 2 years monthly installments.

Milosz Dawidowski[/url]

August/September

2cXAPmF.png

aSUVcX7.png

We didn't have the best of starts, losing our first game but we've come back from that to win our other 5 games convincingly.

Champions League

KhDOSu1.png

23Smf3I.png

Lyon (A): An awful performance, i went more attacking than i should have and we got punished. It was always going to hard when Lyon have players like this! Overall the group is quite tough as well.

October/November

OJGpud8.png

KzaRtzS.png

We're doing well in the league and have already got a 12 points lead, with no clear leader of the rest of the pack. I'm not too happy with our defense though, its certainly the area i need to improve the most. We just about made it to the League Cup final despite having the majority of our players away on internationals. We smashed Bala 7-0 in the 3rd round of the Welsh Cup

Champions League

akAAp0A.png

8l3niRG.png

Dynamo Kyiv (H): A deserved win but we left the scoreline a bit close with bad defending to blame.

Athletic (H):We were the better team and had far more chances but proved to be wasteful infront of goal.

Athletic (A): Not a great performance from anyone. One to forget.

Lyon (H): A decent performance in a tight game but once again we were lacking that killer edge.

Disappointed with how its gone this year, obviously a bit unlucky with the groups again, Athletic are too good for a 3rd seed team. Would have thought we'd put up more of a fight though, feel like we're going backwards a bit in this respect.

December/January

cfxXs1M.png

Op7T7dr.png

Solid form from us once again, dropping a few points in a couple of draws, but yet to lose a game since the first day of the season. The big shock so far is the fact TNS failed to make the top 6 championship playoff, they face a big fight for European football next season now.

Champions League

ZMcAVf6.png

Zi6TB9w.png

Dynamo Kyiv (A): A nervy match but we just about held on for a draw to get 3rd place. We need another good run in the Euro Cup this season to balance out the poor group stage but we've got some tough draws coming up.

Transfers

Transfers

Starting to make quite a few transfers both now and for the end of the season as i look to bring in more youngsters with the potential to be alot better than my current crop of players. I can't really afford to bring in top players who are already at their peak. Alot of the transfers in are part cash upfront part monthly installments.

The big transfer out was Rendell who was a good player but i just wasn't convinced by him, we got a nice sum of money and i replaced him with Ferguson.

Fabien Mercer

[/url]

Jim Ferguson

Simon Dick

Euro Cup

First Knockout Round

osM2SU5.png

Fenerbahce (H): A solid home performance, dominating the match and only conceding a very late goal.

Fenerbahce (A): We were forced to play on the counter in this one as the Turkish side attacked from the start looking for goals. However, this worked perfectly for us and our pace upfront allowed us to take a 4-0 lead before Fenerbahce got one towards the end.

Euro Cup

Second Knockout Round

yiHpQqS.png

Man United (H): We played well on the counter, getting a goal just before half time. Our defending was solid throughout but United got an away goal through an own goal.

Man United (A): Set up to avoid conceding with the hope of grabbing an away goal on the counter but we never really posed enough of an attacking threat and we ended up losing on away goals.

April/May

WwKBxW8.png

v1OrQ5b.png

A great end to the season for us, we managed to blood some youths in the final few leagues games and win the domestic treble for the first time in a few years. The race for 2nd place went right down to the wire, with Llanelli just about claiming it by way of goals scored!

Very tight against Man Utd, that's a good sign for future campaigns.

Thats what i thought, i've made my formation more defensively tight since the group stages which helps. Just a shame i didn't do it before the group stages!

Carmarthen 2040/41

Another strong season, only losing on the first day of the season.

League Table

ECC – Carmarthen, Llanelli

EC – Rhyl, Aberystwyth, Porthmadog, Cefn Druids.

Welsh Cup

League Cup

Europe

Came 3rd in the group behind Lyon and Athletic with Dynamo Kyiv in 4th.

We beat Fenerbahce in the first knockout round but lost to Man United on away goals after drawing 1-1 and 0-0.

Results

Group

Transfers

Milosz Dawidowski

Fabien Mercier

James Peers

Jim Ferguson

Simon Dick

Transfers

Finances

• Lost around 1.2million per month

• Made 7million from European TV money.

• We lost 14million over the year.

• Yearly wages are now 12million.

Finances

Wales

Champions League

Rhyl: Best Placed 3rd Round: Lost 2-1 to Porto.

Euro Cup

Llanelli: 2nd qualifying round: Beat Rudar 6-3.

3rd qualifying round: Lost 3-2 to Hibs.

Barry: Playoff: Beat Glentoran 3-2.

Results / Group

Newton: Playoff: Lost 8-0 to Lens.

Rhyl: Playoff: Beat Shamrock 4-3.

Results / Group

First Knockout Round: Lost 4-1 to HSV.

TNS: 3rd qualifying round: Beat Debrecen 4-1.

Playoff: Beat Linfield 2-1.

Results / Group

First Knockout Round: Lost 2-1 to Gladbach

WPL Rank – 9th. Up 1 place.

Carmarthen Rank –15th. Down 1.

Co-efficient29.85/11th. Down 3 places.

Welsh footballer of the year: Michael Morgan (Carmarthen)

Welsh young player of the year: Garyn Watkins (Swansea)

WPL Player of the year: Michael Morgan (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Dylan Watts (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Aaron Nartey (Llanelli)

Preseason

9KAsZSu.png

A solid pre-season which sets us up well for the season.

Transfers

Transfers Out: After 600 club appearances, Gethin Morgan was released at the age of 34 having serious declined physically over the past year. We lost our right back Malesa on a free transfer as i couldn't get him a new work permit and he was 11 days off becoming a UK citizen. I also lost out other Right back Baillie for 18mi as Plymouth met his release clause, only 2million of this was actually cash upfront. The loss of these two players has weakened what was one of the strongest parts of my squad, i now have 1 loan right back and i'm currently looking for another one.

Transfers In

Jesus Agape

Nico Van Arwegen

Paul Miyoba

August/September

Y1WQ5Gz.png

gge3kd6.png

Not the best ever league start having already dropped 5 points. The poor performances are in large part down to the fact i have some really young players out there who haven't really adapted yet.

Champions League

m1WG8lS.png

fwJGQ58.png

Levski (A): A wins a win so i cant complain but i was expecting it to be more convincing.

Transfers

Idrissa Dabo: Got this 16 year old for 7.5million to cover at right back, unfortuntely he wont be ready for a few years, his league performances so far have told me this. I've also realised i've only got Miyoba on loan until mid October which is going to leave me with 2 under 18 right backs which could be disastrous.

Unfortunate on the right back front.

Even more so now :D

Got anybody who is versatile enough to be retrained in that position?

Possibly but there isn't enough time to do it really, i'll just have to bear with it until i find someone in January. At least my youth are getting some good experience :D

October/November

xI6ZhRM.png

E65MSg8.png

We've not had the best of form in the past couple of months, with several poor draws in the league. We lost in the first round of the League Cup due to internationals missing the game. We also just about made it through the Welsh Cup 3rd round, with the youngsters getting a chance to impress.

Champions League

ACQW6ES.png

QO6LS90.png

Galatasaray (H): A very comfortable win, we controlled the match well but gave away two cheap goals which was slightly disappointing.

Man City (A): An early red card for Tallentire ruined any chance we had of getting something from the match and allowed City to run riot.

Man City (H): We played well for the first 80 minutes, limited their chances, but we tired towards the end which allowed City to grab the 2 goals to win it.

Levski (H): A really good performance to boost our confidence. It means that we're guaranteed to qualify from the group which is a relief, the first time we've done so in several years. It also means we can rest a few players in the final match to avoid yellow cards.

December/January

JFFEVIK.png

Bojqwzs.png

We've been in great form the past 2 months, winning every match and going 17 points clear at the top.

Champions League

rPlLSiY.png

8prQe7N.png

Galatasaray (A): Rested some player but we were still able to batter them, with Lewis getting a hat trick.

In the next round we have Barcelona which is going to be very tough, should be an exciting tie as the games between us usually are.

Transfers

Transfers

I'v let a lot of youngsters go out on loan to gain experience as my squad was a bit too big to rotate them all. Loans can be seen here.

Transfers In

Vadim Potapov: Cost me 700k but looks like a very good prospect. Gonna develop him to be a deep lying playmaker and he should take over from Pritchard in a few years.

Sebastian Maghenzani: Cost me 1million and should be a decent player, gives me some cover in the defensive midfield position as i've been having a lot of injuries there.

Ulf Reichel: Highly rated by my scouts, he cost me 1million. It turns out i was slightly misled about his potential but he should still turn out a good player. Sent him out on loan to Ligue 2.

Ersan Yilmaz: Sent to me by parent club Tottenham, don't really need him but he provides good cover upfront should i need it.

Dean Ferdinand: Probably overpaid for him by paying 6.5million but he looks like a good prospect. He'll be my first choice for the rest of the season and hes had a great start.

Champions League

First Knockout Round

XxGz2Nc.png

Barcelona (H): Barcelona started well, taking the lead but a red card early in the 2nd half put us in control. We were 2-1 up by the 75th minute and looked comfortable but Barca pushed on and managed to equalise with 5 minutes left.

Barcelona (A): Again, Barca took an early lead but this time we responded with a goal of our own to make it 1-1. They landed a killer blow by scoring just before half time to make it 2-1. They mad it 3-1 on the hour mark which really damaged our chances of making progress. We went more attacking and Watts was able to grab one back with 15 minutes left but we failed to really push on for a 3rd.

Just finished reading this thread, absolutely fantastic career and really enjoyed reading. Shame it's over, until your next post! :D

Cheers mate, next update should be soon!

Congratulations on qualifying for the Knockouts again, shame it's Barcelona once more!

Edit: and in the time it took me to write that, you lost :( - great effort though!

Thanks. It took you two hours to write that post? :D

You gave it a good go against Barcelona,it's only a matter of time before you break the glass ceiling for good!

Cheers BWG, i've certainly got some good youths so hopefully once they develop a bit more they can start pushing these top teams a bit more.

February/March

xCbcaxD.png

mFsUOv4.png

Our league form has taken a severe drop compared to December/January, we've won 3 lost 3 and drawn 1. Despite this poor run of form, we were able to seal the title at the end of march with the Cefn Druids win, a bit later than usual. On the plus side our form in the Welsh Cup has been very good, and we've mad it to the semi finals after beating Bala 7-0.

Carmarthen 2041/42

Not our finest season, probably our worst performance for several years now but it was a comfortable league win nonetheless.

League Table

ECC – Carmarthen, TNS.

EC – Rhyl, Aberystwyth, Cefn Druids.

Welsh Cup

League Cup

Europe

Came 2nd in a group with Man City, Galatasaray and Levski.

We faced Barcelona in the 1st knockout round, drawing 2-2 at home and losing 3-2 away.

Results

Group

Transfers

Jesus Agape

Nico Van Arwegen

Idrissa Dabo

Vadim Potapov

Sebastian Maghenzani

Ulf Reichel

Dean Ferdinand

Transfers

Finances

Lost a lot of money this season and at one point we dipped into the red. I’d quite like to be taken over soon as I feel our chairman is an idiot, getting stupidly low sponsors. Fortunately for us we got 13million in TV revenue from the Champions League which helped us out at the end of the season.

Finances

Wales

Champions League

Llanelli: Best Placed 3rd Round: Lost 4-1 to Juventus.

Euro Cup

Cefn Druids: 2nd qualifying round: Beat RoPS 5-3.

3rd qualifying round: Beat Sturm Graz 3-0.

Playoff: Lost 4-2 to Feyenoord.

Porthmadog: 3rd qualifying round: Lost 3-2 to Malaga.

Llanelli: Playoff: Beat Cluj 7-3.

Results / Group

Rhyl: Playoff: Beat Shkendija 7-1.

Results / Group

Aberystwyth: Playoff: Lost 6-2 to Plymouth

WPL Rank 12th. Down 2 places.

Carmarthen Rank19th. Down 1.

Co-efficient – 27.5/12th. Down 1.

Welsh footballer of the year: Paul Parry (Liverpool)

Welsh young player of the year: Jonathan Jones (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: James Pritchard (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Jonathan Jones (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Me

Archived