It's the end of the world as we know it

JackJCFC

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carmarthen 2043/44

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

Won the league with ease, only dropping form towards the very end of the season. Went had a run of 13 games without conceding in Nov-Jan.

League Table

European teams for next season

ECC – Carmarthen, Aberystwyth

EC – Rhyl, Barry, Llanelli, Airbus.

Welsh Cup

League Cup

Europe

Topped a group containing Tottenham, FC Twente and Slaven Belupo.

First Knockout Round: Beat AC Milan 3-2.

Quarter Final: Lost 3-1 to Blackburn.

Results

Group

Transfers

Renae Wright

Kakhaber Baramidze

Yaro Willemsens

Junior

Transfers

Finances

Made our usual money from Europe as well as a little bit from transfers but our finances are looking pretty sounds as the moment. There was an 11 million shareholder payout at the end of the season which really annoyed me.

Training Facilities are being upgraded at a cost of 2.3million.

Finances

Wales

Champions League

Llanelli: Best Placed 3rd Round: Lost 3-0 to Anderlecht.

Euro Cup

Barry: 2nd qualifying round: Beat IA 4-1.

3rd qualifying round: Beat Wisla 5-2.

Playoff: Lost to Stade Rennais on away goals, drawing 2-2.

Llanelli: Playoff: Lost 2-0 to Athletico Madrid.

Rhyl: 3rd qualifying round: Beat Hearts 5-0.

Playoff: Beat Hacken 6-2.

Results / Group

TNS: 1st qualifying round: Lost 3-2 to Stromgodset.

Aberystwyth: 3rd qualifying round: Beat KV Mechelen 5-4

Playoff: Beat Fenerbache 5-0.

Results / Group

WPL Rank – 10th. Up 4 places.

Carmarthen Rank –12th. Up 5.

Co-efficient – 33.95/8th. Up 1.

Welsh footballer of the year: Michael Morgan (Carmarthen)

Welsh young player of the year: Garyn Watkins (Swansea)

WPL Player of the year: Michael Morgan (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Fabien Mercer (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Danny Ellis (Airbus)

Pre-season

Jqw80kh.png

A solid set of results here with plenty of games for match fitness. Our first silverware of the season too :p

Transfers

Transfers Out: I let Richie Lewis go at the age of 32, still a good player for the Welsh leagues but not worth the 15k he wanted to stay on. Igwe and Maghenzani both left having fallen down the pecking order, replaced with 2 high potential youngsters. The other transfer out were youngsters who weren't good enough or in Agape's case, wasn't going to get any game time.

Transfers In

David Walters

Constantin Manea

Vittorio Pellecchia

Ruben Hochart

Well done on the domestic treble,shame Blackburn knocked you out of Europe again,hopefully you can surpass them next season.
Blackburn twice in a row, hopefully you will defeat or avoid them this year. I feel the Champions League Final can not be too far away anymore.

Thanks guys, Blackburn didn't qualify this year so no worries on that front! If i get a good draw i think i can get to the final this year.

Read this in the space of 90 minutes. Great career, wish I had the patience to do this kind of save but get itchy feet after a season at each club. Look forward to seeing eventual European success for Carmarthen.

August/September

zoE1BRf.png

1HHP3Ag.png

A great start to the season with some big wins. We originally beat Bangor 10-0 but a crash meant i had to replay it and we only won 3-0.

Champions League

gPX8cGk.png

rT3Alys.png

Lyon (H): Originally won this 3-2 but a crash meant i lost the progress so i holidayed the match until i got the 3 points.

Club Brugge: With Morgan and Junior injured i was left with just 2 strikers, they stepped up brilliantly with Peers getting himself a hat-trick. It was a great allround performance.

That's unfortunate but some great signings.

Cheers, they were expensive, but they have amazing potential and are being paid for over a couple of years.

Read this in the space of 90 minutes. Great career, wish I had the patience to do this kind of save but get itchy feet after a season at each club. Look forward to seeing eventual European success for Carmarthen.

Thanks, hopefully it won't be too long!

October/November

7ZJEYko.png

XDYk5Kd.png

We've still got our 100% winning record in the league with 14 wins from 14, putting us 15 points clear. We're into the 4th round of the Welsh Cup after an easy 3rd round draw and we're into the final of the League Cup, beating Bangor, Cefn Druids and Airbus despite having to field a team of almost all youngsters

Champions League

VmxktFd.png

hPhG3M3.png

Inter (H): Both teams got a goal early on, we had the more chances throughout the match but got the winner through a late penalty.

Inter (A): A tough game in which Inter were the better team, we hit them on the counter for both goal, with 15 minutes left and in added time.

Lyon (A): A decent performance but our strikers weren't at their best.

Club Brugge (H): We took an early lead but went down to 10 men shortly after. We still went on to dominate the match, adding 2 more goals towards the end of the 2nd half.

Topping the CL group again.
Nice work in the Champions League, makes me wish I had the patience to stick it out at one club in a small nation long enough to improve them like you have, good luck in the knock out stages!

Cheers, it certainly takes a lot of patience. I do wish i could move around sometimes, right now i wish i could take over Gainsborough who are in the Championship having been promoted 4 times in the last 5 seasons and looking to go up again this year thanks to a tycoon takeover.

Save under a different file then go back in a time machine once you're done with this :D

I may do at the end of the season, a bit more exciting than starting in 2012!

How come other managers are starting to win the manager of the year award?

I assume its because winning the treble is just standard practice for me nowadays so expectations are high!

Champions League

First Knockout Round

1Clusqi.png

Barcelona (A): With Morgan out injured Junior started in his place but found himself sent off after 14 minutes, giving us a seemingly impossible task. Barca took the lead shortly after but we were able to defend well and limit them to just the one goal for the game.

Barcelona (H): Barca took an early lead which meant we needed 3 goals. We dominated the first half but couldn't score, after a big team talk we came out even stronger, getting a goal just after half time and just after the hour mark with a very real chance of getting the 3rd goal. We went all out but we just couldn't find the net again so we lost on away goals.

Caught up with this at last :D Last time I read it seemed you were getting a little frustrated with Europe but you've turned Carmarthen in to a machine :D And the recent seasons in Europe have been a big improvement, well done :thup:

Cheers, still not quite conquered Europe though :D

Carmarthen 2044/45

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

A very good season for us, we did lose 1 match but we still acquired 89 points and scored over 100 goals, conceding less than 10.

League Table

European teams for next season

ECC – Carmarthen, Aberystwyth

EC – Rhyl, Barry, Porthmadog, Airbus

Welsh Cup

League Cup

Europe

Topped a group containing Lyon, Inter and Club Brugge

First Knockout Round: Lost on away goals to Barcelona after drawing 2-2.

Results

Group

Transfers

David Walters

Constantin Manea

Vittorio Pellechia

Ruben Hochart

Transfers

Finances

We made our usual money from Champions League football but our finances haven’t really improved this season. After last seasons large board payout I decided I’d rather invest profit into the team than let the board steal it so I spent quite a bit on transfers.

We have a new kit sponsor worth 600k a year, up from 460k.

Finances

Wales

Champions League

Aberystywth: Best Placed 3rd Round: Drew 0-0 with Fenerbache but lost on pens.

Euro Cup

Llanelli 2nd qualifying round: Beat Brann on away goals after drawing 1-1.

3rd qualifying round: Beat Inverness 5-2.

Playoff: Lost 2-0 to Watford.

Barry: Playoff: Lost 4-0 to Norwich.

Rhyl: Playoff: Beat Molde 4-2.

Results / Group

First Knockout Round: Lost 8-1 to Sevilla.

Aberystwyth: Playoff: Lost 4-3 to Slaven Belupo.

Airbus: 3rd qualifying round: Beat FC Midtjylland 5-2.

Playoff: Lost 5-0 to AZ.

WPL Rank 8th. Up 2.

Carmarthen Rank –13th. Down 1.

Co-efficient – 35.117/8th

Welsh footballer of the year: Michael Morgan (Carmarthen)

Welsh young player of the year: Ashley Savage (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Mathius Balestra (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Nico van Arwegen (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Me

Well done, only 9 goals conceded, don' think I've ever seen such good defence over a league season :thup:

Better luck in Europe next season, surely only a matter of time!

Cheers, didn't concede in the cups either! Hopefully i get a better draw next season.

You're doing great and this thread has been a great read so far! - Just a heads up though; the pictures you've uploaded with imgur.com don't seem to work anymore.

Thanks, just seen but i don't seem to be able to find a way to get them to appear :confused:

You're building a terrific team now. Can only be a matter of time before you lift the Champions League, although you don't seem capable of beating teams beginning with 'B'! :D

I was thinking the exact same thing when i lost :D

Pre-season

7QM9td6.png

A decent enough pre season, one or two players got little niggles but apart from that we're looking good.

Transfers

Transfers Out: The big news this summer is that we lost Balestra to Blackburn for a record 30million, he was valued at 18million and Blackburn, along with Man United, put in bids to match his minimum release clause. I wasn't able to pursuade him to stay but i can't argue with the money. Youth product Hennessey was sold for 1.5mil which i thought was a good deal as he didn't look like reaching his potential. Keeper Buisson was also sold after 3 seasons and not impressing. The other news not shown here is that as part of the Allen transfer, Washington moved the other way. I must admit, this is something i was not aware of until after the transfer had gone through :D but i was intending on selling him anyway.

Transfers In

Moise Antchouet

Carl Boyle

Gethin Allen

Jean Jaques-David

Promoted from the Reserves

Jason Evans

August/September

94oN275.png

3OeaJvm.png

A decent start to the season, a little blip against Airbus but that was due to a few youngsters playing.

Champions League

Dlc4b3E.png

J9vthLY.png

AIK (A): A good win as expected, we dominated the game, i guess i was hoping we'd score more but its the 3 points that matter.

XHHeW46.png

Very surprised to see Morgan retire from internationals at the age of 30. He was the Welsh captain and arguably their most important player, scoring many important goals. It's a shame as he'd easily have got over 100 caps but his goalscoring record was pretty good for this level. At least i don't have to worry about him picking up injuries when playing for Wales now!

How are your facilities and stadium ?

Also what formation are you playing ?

Facilities - All maxed out apart from youth recuitment which i've had one upgrade for. Stadium is still the same one i started with, we only fill 2/3's of it in the league and we play at bigger stadiums in Europe apart from when other Welsh teams are using them.

Formations / Tactics - Pretty much use only this formation, works well in Europe and still lets me dominate teams in the league. I did try a 4-2-3-1 for a while but it wasn't as solid as 4-4-2 so i went back.

Looking like another dominating season :thup:

Cheers Cerud :thup:

So no chance of a stadium upgrade since attendance is not increasing ?

So what about trying to max out your youth recruitment ?

How is the youth intake in general ?

Attendance is going up but pretty slowly, i'll need some sort of sucess in Europe to boost it enough for a stadium upgrade.

I've only had the chance to improve recruitment once so theres not much i can do on that front.

I've not had a youth player with more than 3 stars through in about 4 or 5 years. Generally i get a few 2.5/2/1.5 star players and rest half stars. I do still put in some effort developing them though then sell them off a few years later for small profit, some of them have developed into decent little players.

October/November

qhm5Tzs.png

2MJYHd7.png

Still unbeaten in the league but we did draw with Cefn Druids which has taken our lead to 2 points. We lost in the League Cup first round to Newtown as we had to play a youth side due to internationals.

Champions League

OiQneWq.png

MgEWktO.png

Blackburn (H): Blackburn were on a run of 3 defeats and we took full advantage, dominating the game with ease and getting 3 good goals.

Vitesse (A): We had an awful start, going 2-0 down in the first 11 minutes. Morgan got one back for us before half time but we weren't able to grab a 2nd despite having some good chances.

Vitesse (H): We made amends in this one, controlling the game and getting 2 goals shortly after half time. Junior made sure of the result with a 3rd goal in injury time.

AIK (H): As convincing a win as you'll ever see. We had 35 shots and 70% posession, Morgan and Watts got themselves 2 goals each, Junior the other. This practically guarantees progression as we beat Vitesse on GD in the head to head.

Archived