It's the end of the world as we know it

JackJCFC

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A tough group draw there. As for Lewis, not a bad final 10 minutes!!!

Always going to be a hard group when you're in pot 4, results so far have surprised me though.

August/September

dDlJVEF.png

nYJ5ZIs.png

Not a great start for us at all this season, having dropped 5 points in our first 6 games. The 3-3 against Newton was particularly disappointing, we were 3-0 up until the 78th minute when we just seemed to collapse. This seemed to be almost solely down to the fact i put on a young inexperienced CB who had an absolute nightmare off the bench. Against TNS i rested a few of the players for the upcoming Champions League game but we were so poor and TNS deserved the win and deserve to be top of the table as it stands.

Champions League

WLSfJ5s.png

YuvQli0.png

A good start for us so far but i think we could have got more.

Valencia: Gethin Morgan missed a penalty after 7 minutes which really would have been a great start. The rest of the match was very even and very tight with possession 50/50. Unfortunately for us we were caught out on the counter attack in the 90th minute from which Valencia scored for a rather annoying victory.

Inter: What a result it is to beat Inter at the San Siro! We had a pretty poor 1st half, going behind on the 36th minute and losing the midfield battle. We improved as the 2nd half went on with Stuart Morgan making it 1-1 on the 78th minute, a draw at this point would have been a great result. We were the better team for the last 10 minutes and managed to grab a win with the last kick of the ball thanks to the heroics of Richie Lewis.

October/November

51UWemp.png

BznrKR0.png

Our league form is still a bit iffy, losing 2 games towards the back end of November without even scoring a goal. This has put us 4 points behind TNS who remains in good form and top of the league and just 4 points ahead of Llanelli in 3rd. Our luck in the cups is somewhat better as we're through to the final of the league cup after beating Rhyl in the semi. We also smashed Port Talbot 8-2 in the 3rd round of the Welsh Cup.

Champions League

4boYXEu.png

DjwOXvI.png

You might think that these 3 results are pretty good ones, leaving us in 2nd place with a game to go. But in actual fact they have been incredibly frustrating and really rather poor.

Spartak Moscow: This was a straight up good win, Lewis and Middleton both scored 1st half goals and we were able to limit them to just 3 shots in the entire match.

Spartak Moscow: Another good performance let down by an inability to hold a lead. We went in at half time at 1-1 after Lewis had given us the lead and Vagson eqaulised, Johnson then made it 2-1 after half time and we were comfortable and heading for a victory. That was until we conceded on the counter attacking in the 89th minute, just like the Valencia game before, depriving us of 2 points that would have qualified us from the group by now.

Valencia This was a match even more annoying than the last. After a dull 1st half, Middleton and Morgan struck on the 60th an 63rd minute to put us 2 ahead with what looked like a surefire win or at the very least draw. But it was in the final 15 minutes of the match where we came unstuck once again. They made it 2-1 on the 74th minute before adding a 2nd on the 85th. At this point i was pretty mad that we were going to draw having been 2-0 up just 10 minutes before, so you can imagine my anger when i saw Valencia score a 3rd in the 90th minute to steal the 3 points, meaning that we have to avoid defeat agaisnt Inter to finish in the top 2.

Just catching up here. Bit of a bit of a let off month, but still early. While you're not too happy with how you're playing in the Champions League, it's still nice to be in 2nd after those past few years :)

Just catching up here. Bit of a bit of a let off month, but still early. While you're not too happy with how you're playing in the Champions League, it's still nice to be in 2nd after those past few years :)

Definitely the best group i've had in a while and at the very least its progress.

Almost through the group this time.
Hope you get the result against Inter, would mean a lot to the club to get out of the group.

Would help us enormously to get to the knockouts, both financially and in terms of co-efficient/reputation too.

A bad season so far. Hopefully you can make the Champions League knockouts. Thanks for the youth update and it's a shame you lost Martyn Jones. You've produced some great players over the years and it's great to see another club supplying the Welsh national team.

Cheers, in some ways i do regret letting Jones leave, combine with Stuart Morgan now they'd be a lethal pairing. I'm not sure he'd be as good as he is if he did stay though, i can see him moving to the Premier League quite soon. I suppose having 5/6 players in the National team ticks off my aim of developing Wales, 2 out of 5 targets achieved now!

December/January 2033

y4xxqga.png

1NsGhNF.png

We've kicked on in the past 2 months, winning all but 1 match and going 7 points clear of TNS in the league. TNS have really improved this season, mostly thanks to me giving them a couple of players, and they look set to take 2nd place already. We're also into the 5th round of the Welsh Cup after an easy 4-0 win over Barry.

Champions League

PiKssqy.png

uLxDRNa.png

We made it to the knockouts just about! We had to fight to get the draw we needed against Inter, they were 2-0 up by the 37th minute and i had given up virtually all hope. I changed our tactics to a high pressing game and they turned the match around. Morgan pulled one back just before half time to give us a glimmer of hope whilst Middleton scored his 5th CL goal in 12 games this season from a corner to make it 2-2. Determined not to concede late on i dropped the team deep and went defensive and we just about kept Inter out to finish 2nd in the group.

In the knockouts draw i was pretty pleased to see the list of teams we could face with the likes of Marseille, Sporting and PSV all winning groups. The 2 teams i wanted to avoid were Real Madrid and Barcelona. Unfortunately, dreams do not come true...

esUVEvK.png

Champions League

1st Knockout Round

Real Madrid (H) 0-1. Real Madrid were the better team but we weren't outplayed by any means and managed to carve out several chances, we just didn't take them.

Real Madrid (A) 4-1. A horrible performance from us in the away leg, conceding 4 goals in the 1st half. We were a bit better in the 2nd half, thanks a lot of our subs and managed to score a consolation goal.

All in all it went as expected, bit disappointed to have lost so heavily in the away leg but its just one of those things, just happy to make it this far! We got a nice financial reward for it too and should get even more in TV revenue at the end of the season.

Well done getting out of the groups, even if you lost to Madrid. Doing well in the league.

Cheers, all progress and money which is good for the future.

February/March 2033

viyy2cJ.png

kiTRWl0.png

Won all our domestic matches in this period which led to us winning the league in early March. We seem to be over our poor early season form now and the strikers are scoring for fun. We're also into the semi's of the Welsh cup after beating Newton 4-0.

We had our annual youth intake but there wasn't really anyone that special. The best being a striker with 3 1/2 star potential and a 3 star centre back.

LlAnBhU.png

Currently 'basic' so they've got a long way to get up to the standard of our 'top' training facilities. I have the option to improve training facilities but i think i'll see how our finances pan out at the end of the season before i do, its not as if they are that bad at the moment and i want to try and build up a bit more cash first.

Carmarthen 2032/33

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

Had a poor start which meant to took a while to overtake TNS to grab top spot but after December our form improved and we won the league easily once again.

League Table

European teams for next season

We have an extra place through the fair play league for the 3rd year in a row.

ECC – Carmarthen

EC - TNS, Rhyl, Airbus, Port Talbot

Welsh Cup

League Cup

Europe

Made it to the CL group stage where we faced Inter, Valencia and Spartak Moscow. We finished in 2nd place with 8 points, making it to the knockouts for the 1st time ever. We faced Real Madrid and lost 5-1 on aggregate.

Results

Group

Transfers

Lee Kane RB: Decent youngster but not really good enough to be a first teamer. 7.13 rating in 23 apps.

Harry Wise CM, CDM: Our biggest ever transfer, costing 210k. Done well, playing 34 games getting 5 goals and 4 assists.

Seamus Gothard CB (Loan): Young player on loan from Liverpool, tried to buy him but he didn’t want to come. Played 29 games, including all in Europe and finished with a 7.43 rating.

Transfers

Finances

Made our usual 7million from group stage football, as well as an extra 3 million for making the 1st knockout round. We also received 4million in TV revenue, making this seasons Champions League run a very profitable one.

Youth facilities are being upgraded, costing 1.2million.

Due to our successful season, there was a board payout of 1.9million in May.

We have a new local sponsor worth 14k per annum, up from 7k.

Finances

Wales

Euro Cup

TNS: 2nd qualifying round: Beat Naftan on away goals 2-2

3rd qualifying round: Lost 7-3 to Fulham

Rhyl: 2nd qualifying round: Beat H. Tel Aviv 4-3.

3rd qualifying round: Beat APOEL on away goals, 3-3.

Playoff: Lost 10-2 to Man United.

Airbus: 1st qualifying round: Beat EB 4-2.

2nd qualifying round: Lost on pens to Hearts after drawing 4-4.

Haverfordwest: 1st qualifying round: Beat Cliftonville 4-3.

2nd qualifying round: Beat Rudnar 4-3.

3rd qualifying round: Lost 6-0 to Genoa.

WPL Rank 35th. Up 5 places.

Carmarthen Rank –43rd. Up 17 places.

Co-efficient20.925/17th up 3 places.

Welsh footballer of the year: Stuart Morgan (Carmarthen)

Welsh young player of the year: Richie Lewis (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Gethin Morgan (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Tom Thomas (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Me (Carmarthen)

Great run. Also, good runs in Europe by the other Welsh teams should help boost the co-efficient. I forgot to explain the new values system, basically pre-game there are values set for how high a value a player with a certain reputation in a certain nation will have and it changes during the game.

Tough draw against Real Madrid, but the league ended up great! Congrats on the title :thup:

Thanks Cerud, it was certainly a bit unlucky to draw Madrid but those 2 games bought us 7 million alone so i'm not complaining!

Great run. Also, good runs in Europe by the other Welsh teams should help boost the co-efficient. I forgot to explain the new values system, basically pre-game there are values set for how high a value a player with a certain reputation in a certain nation will have and it changes during the game.

I was very pleased to see such good performances from the Welsh teams, i put the Euro Cup on Full detail to ensure the results aren't based on reputation which helps.

Thanks for explaining the value situation too, much improved on last years, more realistic, i like it.

Pre-season

vp195DR.png

3 friendlies for this pre-season, a bit more than we're used to but we still managed to win them all pretty easily.

Transfers[/url]

Transfers Out - Not really any big news on the players leaving this summer, released a few youths and sold one to Bohemians for a small fee. Horne left the club at the end of his contract as i brought in a better right mid.

Transfers In

Billy Donnelly

Charlie Cooper

Matthew Tallentire

Champions League

rNsJuI7.png

A couple of easy draws so far. First we faced Marsaxlokk from Malta which was never going to be a problem for us, we beat them 6-0 on aggregate. In the 3rd round we came up against AIK from Sweden, the same team we faced at this stage last season. This time it was even easier and we were able to beat them 8-1 on aggregate.

In the Playoff we have Dinamo from Croatia.

Good going again, tough luck with that Madrid draw but it always tends to be rare to get a beatable team the first time you progress from a group for some reason :D

It was certainly the hardest draw i could possible have got but knockouts are never going to be that easy.

great progress by all the welsh teams in europe this year hopefully it continues

It certainly surprised me that some of them done so well, improving the round at which they enter is going to help in the future too.

Champions League

QGAoVQD.png

Dinamo posed us no problems and it was two simple wins for us to qualify for the group stage for the 5th time in a row, bringing in another 7 million.

We were still seeded 4th for the draw but we're only around 1 point off being in pot 3 so hopefully next season we can make it into that one instead!

WRkoagt.png

It's not the easiest groups with PSG and Athletico Madrid but there is a chance of me nicking a point or two from them. My main target is to get 6 points of Feyenoord which i think is definitely do-able.

August/September 2033

Bu2v8Tu.png

UHAQy13.png

A decent start from us, picking up 16 points from 6 games. We were a bit lucky to get the draw against Airbus, relying on a late comeback to pick up the point which keeps us joint top with Rhyl.

Champions League

gaCI3Ec.png

XwNWb59.png

A frustrating start to the group stage, we should beaten Feyenoord given we were 2-0 up and we deserved something against Athletico given how well we played.

Feyenoord: Stuart Morgan gave us a deserve 2-0 lead in the 1st half before a sending off mid way through the 2nd turned the game around for Feyenoord.

Athletico Madrid: Went 1-0 down early on through a penalty but played well and were surprisingly dominant. We equalised on the hour mark only to be thwarted by a late winner.

In other new we've also improved our training facilities once again, quite glad its not as costly as before, hopefully it'll mean they are State of the Art.

1OMMcIA.png

This is awesome! Subscribing

Cheers mate.

October/November 2033

dmLDKws.png

zhZXHgO.png

Only dropped points against Rhyl in October, apart from that we've won all our games but only lead by 4 points. We're through to the league cup final after smashing Newton 7-0 in the semi final, we're also into the 4th round of the Welsh Cup after an easy win in the 3rd.

Champions League

VpKUYYO.png

vlwsKC3.png

Some good performances against PSG let down by another frustrating match against Feyenoord has left us having to beat Athletico Madrid in the final match in order to come in the top 2.

PSG: A lucky draw with a solid defensive performance.

PSG: A surprise win with the only goal coming from a corner.

Feyenoord: What should have been a victory was turned sour once again by a red card.

Champions League

65zlfwx.png

UEsgxPs.png

Shot ourselves in the foot again against Athletico, giving away another early penalty which put us on the back foot. They had another pen just before half time but luckily missed it, we then had a chance ourselves from the spot but missed that too, with Athletico making it 2-0 not long after.

The defeat put us down into 4th place which is all we deserve. We gifted points to teams in this group, the ones that annoy me most were the Feyenoord ones, both matches we should have won but i was let down by 2 stupid red cards. Likewise with the penalties in the Athletico matches.

December 2033/January 2034

WYVUpLh.png

o5ZiPnj.png

Had a surprise defeat to Llanelli after 33 league games unbeaten but we recovered well and have won all league games since. We're now 13 points ahead with 10 games left so it would take something massive to stop us winning the league again.

We're also into the 5th round of the Welsh Cup after beating Llanelli 4-1.

• 2 weeks later...

February/March 2034

TXneMbw.png

oB5yQnb.png

An easy going couple of months, we won all our matches in the league which has led us to another title. In the Welsh Cup we beat Newtown 3-0 in the Quarter final so we're in with a chance of winning that again too!

April/May 2034

J3B5xyo.png

hVolX7P.png

No spectacular performances in our last few matches of the season but it was enough to see us through in the league and for the treble. The Welsh Cup final looks closer than it was, with Rhyl scoring their only shot of the game to our 19 shots.

Archived