It's the end of the world as we know it

JackJCFC

December/January

vCyNjwq.png

iVGlrMf.png

We were in great form up until mid january where we drew to Port Talbot and lost to Cefn Druids, that said, we're 11 points clear at the top which is pretty safe although not as great as previous seasons.

Champions League

wXCK4O0.png

F2A3EwC.png

PSG (H): Bit of a pointless game given we were guaranteed 2nd. I tried going a bit more attacking than the normal 4-4-2 but it didn't really work out.

We drew Stuttgart in the first knockout round.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Champions League

First Knockout Round

C8ksdH9.png

Stuttgart (H): We were by far the better team, with Middleton putting in a great performance. We had a bit of luck, getting an injury time winner.

Stuttgart (A): A very tense affair on my part, we were 2nd best all game and Stuttgart looked dangerous but a solid defensive performance, in particular from Middleton, got us though in the end.

In the quarter finals we face PSG who beat us twice in the group stage. Should we beat them we'll face either Sporting or Barcelona.

Champions League

Quarter Final

Fp4m3j5.png

PSG (H): We were the better team just about over the 90 minutes but it was PSG who won the match having scored a free-kick and from a corner.

PSG (A): Went for a high pressing game in this and it started badly, conceding after 8 minutes. Fortunately we got one just before half time to give us some hope. We made it 3-3 on aggregate on the 56th minute with Pritchard getting on the scoresheet. PSG then took a 4-3 aggregate lead on the 76th minute so i went 4-2-3-1 and threw the kitchen sink at them and it worked. Engqvist scored from 6 yards out to make it 3-2 on the day and send us through on away goals.

Barcelona in the semis awaits...

I've just read this pretty much from start to finish, and I'm impressed with what you've achieved, and your perseverance.

I cannot recall (and too lazy to flick back :p) but do you have the English leagues loaded? I'd imagine the Premiership make-up has altered dramatically since the start!

Good luck against Barca in the Semi! It'll be difficult, but the promise of a final is so enticing...!

I've just read this pretty much from start to finish, and I'm impressed with what you've achieved, and your perseverance.

I cannot recall (and too lazy to flick back :p) but do you have the English leagues loaded? I'd imagine the Premiership make-up has altered dramatically since the start!

Good luck against Barca in the Semi! It'll be difficult, but the promise of a final is so enticing...!

Thanks mate, must have taken a while!

Yes i do have the English leagues loaded. I also have the top tier of Spain, France, Germany, Holland and Belgium.

English Prem Table Past Winners

Blackburn had a tycoon owner about 15 years ago now when they were struggling down in the Premier League. Zola had a 10 year (or so) legacy there, winning the league and the Champions League. Since he left they've been a top side and are one of the 2 teams along with Tottenham in the other CL semi final. Plymouth are also a very good team nowadays too, not quite on Blackburns level.

Thanks :D The first leg has been done, 2nd leg coming up soon!

Champions League

Semi Final

824QMKF.png

Barcelona (H): We were the better team overall, taking an early lead which was a dream. We went in at half time 2-1 up but ended up 3-2 within 20 minutes of the 2nd half. We were lucky to get an equaliser in the closing stages to make it 3-3.

Barcelona (A): I've never been so nervous about a game in my life, it was so tight and end to end. Disaster stuck after 8 mins when Pritchard tore his hamstring. Lewis got 2 goals in the first half to make it 2-0 at half time and i couldn't believe it, at that point i thought we were going to go through. Barca made it 2-1 on the 57th minute which worried me. Morgan then went off due to an injury and yellow card, a big problem as he commands our defense. Barca made it 2-1 on the 77th minute, this is when i went kitchen sink mode once again and it came good with Domgombe scoring on the 84th minute with that i thought would be the winning goal. I shut up shop tactically but we conceded just 2 minutes later, sending it to extra time. A keeper error let Barca make it 4-3 so it was back to kitchen sink mode. We really went at them, missing 2 great opportunities and sending our keeper up for 2 or 3 corners in the dying minutes, in which we had one cleared off the line. Unfortunately it was not to be and we lost 7-6 but i've never been so proud about a performance as a i was about this one, we really gave it a good go. It's also nice to see my Goalkeeper apologise for his mistake after the match.

An excellent effort there against Barcelona, ran them very close indeed. I'd imagine that would do well for your league/team standings and coefficient!

As for the Premiership - thanks for the table screenie! I must admit, I also choked on my coffee when I saw my home team and perennial strugglers Chesterfield in the top flight!! :D

Wow, these are some results! I can imagine you were proud after those games with Barcelona. Maybe next time it can be combined with a spot in the final as well.
Excellent as always domestically.A very good run in Europe,your boys definitely did you proud!

Cheers guys :thup: I was quite shocked to make it to the semis having failed to get past the First Knockout round in previous attempts, it was quite a jump. It certainly helped up a lot financially, i'm not sure how long it will be before we do it again though :D

An excellent effort there against Barcelona, ran them very close indeed. I'd imagine that would do well for your league/team standings and coefficient!

As for the Premiership - thanks for the table screenie! I must admit, I also choked on my coffee when I saw my home team and perennial strugglers Chesterfield in the top flight!! :D

Thanks, it will certainly give the club co-efficient a big boost which should help next season too once we get a poor seasons points tally out of the way. Whether or not Wales' co-efficient goes up i'm not too sure as the other clubs didn't do so well this year.

Chesterfield are in their 3rd Premier League season i believe, struggling every year like they are doing now. They signed my keeper when they got promoted and haven't played him since :D

April/May

nWP8fvm.png

XsKGHCw.png

A busier than normal end of season thanks to your European run. We still managed to end the season in good form though, putting together a big win streak and finishing almost 20 points ahead of Aberystwyth in 2nd.

We were also able to add the Welsh Cup to our trophy cabinet, beating lower league Goytre in the final.

Aberystywth won the League Cup.

ldIPxAU.png

Could be very interesting! Hope it happens, would love it if they could get near to challenging me or even do well in Europe. Looks a bit small-time for a tycoon though.

UUo4pbG.png

Some good news closer to home too, hoping the youth facilities can help develop some better youngsters.

Carmarthen 2037/38

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

Not a great performance from us this year by any means but its our 12th title in a row which is a good achievement.

League Table

European teams for next season

ECC – Carmarthen, Aberystwyth

EC – TNS, Llanelli, Port Talbot

Welsh Cup

League Cup

Europe

Came 2nd in the group behind PSG, the other teams were Steaua and Valencia.

We beat Stuttgart in the first knockout round 2-1.

We then faced PSG in the quarters, who we beat on away goals after drawing 3-3.

In the semis we player Barca, drawing the home leg 3-3 and the away leg 3-3 which took it to extra time. We were unfortunate to lose in the end with Barca grabbing a winner to make it 7-6.

Results

Group

Transfers

No Transfers in this season.

Transfers

Finances

We made 16 million from the sale of Thomas and Morgan which put our balance at 32million. On top of this we made 21million in prize money from making the CL semifinals.

Training and Youth Facilities upgraded for 6million.

There was an 8.75million payout to shareholders.

Finances

Wales

Champions League

Rhyl: Best Placed 3rd Round: Lost 2-1 to Rubin Kazan after extra time.

Euro Cup

Barry: 2nd qualifying round: Beat Petrovac 10-1.

3rd qualifying round: Beat Bursaspor on away goals after drawing 2-2.

Playoff: Lost 1-0 to Athletic.

Llanelli: 3rd qualifying round: Lost to Clubbe Brugge on away goals after drawing 3-3.

Aberystwyth: Playoff: Lost 3-2 to Lens.

Rhyl: Playoff: Lost 5-2 to Slovan Bratislava.

WPL Rank10th. Up 2 places.

Carmarthen Rank22nd. Up 1.

Co-efficient 34.250/8th up 1 place.

Welsh footballer of the year: Paul Parry (Swansea)

Welsh young player of the year: Gwion Hinton-Jones (Swindon) (Came through Llanelli youth)

WPL Player of the year: Joe Middleton (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Niklas Jonasson (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Me (Carmarthen)

A bit late to the party but read through this the other day.

It was of particular interest as I had a Carmarthen save going on which I lost around 2018/19 due to windows corrupting a couple of months ago.

First off congratulations on the effort, I know how hard it is in that league to challenge TNS and the progress you've made since then in Europe is fantastic, not just your own team but the other sides as well improving to get Wales an extra spot.

Comparing it to the save I had I always find it interesting to see the differences. For me Bangor were a huge threat and the main challengers to TNS, turning professional in around 2015. I managed to lift an early title (2014/15 I think) but after that I usually found myself chasing in third or fourth spot. Bala were my main competition in the early years (Mainly due to a top quality ST they had) but they dropped back after he retired with Llannelli, Aberystwyth & Rhyl becoming regular challengers for the European places. I actually had a really good record against TNS rarely losing against them but it was Bangor I couldn't deal with.

Player wise I see a lot of familiar names in your early seasons and am a little surprised at the different paths that they have followed. Players like Galsworthy, Kehoe & Corey Thomas were nothing more than backup players for me while I was forced to sell Casey Thomas for £100k a couple of seasons in (Wouldn't sign new deal).

On the flipside Hillier was my main DR until he retired becoming a coach while Fish & Finselbach were regulars in my midfield. The biggest change though seems to be in defence where Berry was a rock for me - Didn't get much chance in the first season but then forced his way in and never looked back averaging 7.5 each season and eventually becoming captain, not bad for a 2* player.

Will continue to follow now and I hope you can carry on and lift a European trophy in the near future :thup:

A bit late to the party but read through this the other day.

It was of particular interest as I had a Carmarthen save going on which I lost around 2018/19 due to windows corrupting a couple of months ago.

First off congratulations on the effort, I know how hard it is in that league to challenge TNS and the progress you've made since then in Europe is fantastic, not just your own team but the other sides as well improving to get Wales an extra spot.

Comparing it to the save I had I always find it interesting to see the differences. For me Bangor were a huge threat and the main challengers to TNS, turning professional in around 2015. I managed to lift an early title (2014/15 I think) but after that I usually found myself chasing in third or fourth spot. Bala were my main competition in the early years (Mainly due to a top quality ST they had) but they dropped back after he retired with Llannelli, Aberystwyth & Rhyl becoming regular challengers for the European places. I actually had a really good record against TNS rarely losing against them but it was Bangor I couldn't deal with.

Player wise I see a lot of familiar names in your early seasons and am a little surprised at the different paths that they have followed. Players like Galsworthy, Kehoe & Corey Thomas were nothing more than backup players for me while I was forced to sell Casey Thomas for £100k a couple of seasons in (Wouldn't sign new deal).

On the flipside Hillier was my main DR until he retired becoming a coach while Fish & Finselbach were regulars in my midfield. The biggest change though seems to be in defence where Berry was a rock for me - Didn't get much chance in the first season but then forced his way in and never looked back averaging 7.5 each season and eventually becoming captain, not bad for a 2* player.

Will continue to follow now and I hope you can carry on and lift a European trophy in the near future :thup:

Thanks Cougar. Interesting to see how your save panned out in terms of players and teams. TNS are always hard to overcome in those first few seasons. I'm quite surprised Bangor have never come back up from being relegated as they are obviously a pretty big team, less so now then when they went down.

I see you didn't mention goalkeeper Wilson, how did you get on with him? He has 5 star potential at the start and stayed with me for many years despite it taking about 4 seasons to actually become my number 1.

Thanks Cougar. Interesting to see how your save panned out in terms of players and teams. TNS are always hard to overcome in those first few seasons. I'm quite surprised Bangor have never come back up from being relegated as they are obviously a pretty big team, less so now then when they went down.

I see you didn't mention goalkeeper Wilson, how did you get on with him? He has 5 star potential at the start and stayed with me for many years despite it taking about 4 seasons to actually become my number 1.

I don't remember him standing out for me, if I remember right he stayed for a few seasons as a squad keeper but never seemed to really impress (Ave around 6.7 a season) and I replaced him with a talented newgen I got through the youth team.

I don't remember him standing out for me, if I remember right he stayed for a few seasons as a squad keeper but never seemed to really impress (Ave around 6.7 a season) and I replaced him with a talented newgen I got through the youth team.

Fair enough, he done quite well for me. I think the board held me back in the early stages in general, hence why i had almost a whole squad of club grown players at one point!

Preseason

bKEgAqI.png

Not a great preseason, average results an not enough games. Thats what i get for letting my assistant take charge.

Transfers.

Transfers Out: Released some of the young reserves who had hit 19 at the end of the contracts. Also let Spencer an Marron go, both could do a job in the first team but i don't really need them. Wise was sold for 1mil having hit 29 and on his last contracted year, i replaced him with Washington. The biggest transfer out was Papa Toure for 4.2million, i was almost forced to sell him, he was one of 2 rightbacks i had, both of whom were african and both of whom i was going to lose to the african cup of nations. I got a good fee for him but would have liked more, i replaced him with Baillie

Transfers In

Washington

Ryan Clark

Stephen Igwe

Zac Baillie

August/September

sBG67Gf.png

52CdSYH.png

Not the best of starts, match fitness has been an issue due to our stupidly short preseason which has affected performances.

Champions League

0kWArPM.png

qBkZa2r.png

Celtic (H): We were the better team but our strikers were absolutely rubbish, as they have been all season so far.

Trvna (A): Should have been an easy win but instead we didn't take our chances and let them equalise on the 89th minute with their only shot on target.

I'm quite worried by our start in this. Dropping points to Trvna basically means we have to get a result against Barca or hope that Celtic drop points against them too otherwise we could be finishing 3rd.

October/November

mDYZte2.png

IGiZMBz.png

Things are going much better now. We've built up a good run of form, only dropping points in a draw with Llanelli. We lost the 1st round of the league cup to TNS as most of our players were missing on Internationals, we beat Airbus in the 3rd round of the welsh cup.

Champions League

dVwGac6.png

FArdK8s.png

Barcelona (H): We played really well and were the better team but Orlandi got a hat-trick for Barca which won them the game.

Barcelona (A): We conceded early on but recovered to put in a good performance, we just weren't able to get a goal.

Celtic (A): A tight, must win game. It was an own goal which gave us the win in the end, it means that we have to win our last game an hope Celtic don't beat Barca if we are to finish 2nd.

December/January

MCWbnp4.png

l086Dfl.png

We're unbeaten in the past couple of months, dropping points in draws to Port Talbot and Rhyl which has put us 15 points clear with 10 games to go. We also won the Welsh Cup 4th round against Prestatyn.

Champions League

FL01t0W.png

TNyctKj.png

Trvna (H): An easy win in the end, we probably should have scored a lot more given the chances we created.

Barca were kind enough to beat Celtic for us which allowed us to take 2nd place. In the First round we've got Tottenham, reigning champions and winner 2 out of the last 3 years.

Outstanding progress since my last visit here - great work first of all with the double over Inter, and then knocking out PSG to reach the semis. Here's hoping Celtic don't beat Barca!

Cheers, last season was really great but i think it's a bit of a one off at the moment. We're still a few years off getting to that stage frequently.

Looks like a tense ending to the group.

It certainly was, Barca took an early 2-0 lead against Celtic though so i was always pretty confident. 8 points isn't a great points tally from that group though.

February/March

A993AKr.png

5iK4xB7.png

Another solid couple of months which has taken us to another league title. There's also an interesting battle for 2nd place going on at the moment with both teams fairly even. We beat Rhyl in the Welsh Cup Quarter finals 4-0.

Champions League

icyZmlf.png

Tottenham (H): It was a tough match, one that we were slightly better in, but Spurs were able to score with their only 2 shots on target.

Tottenham (A): Went attacking from the start but it backfired early on as we gave away a penalty. They made it 2-0 on the 18th minute which basically killed the game off, we weren't outplayed but they were just clinical. In fact, they scored every single shot on target over the 2 legs.

April/May

0UgRYvL.png

EeIkzwq.png

An unbeaten end to the season, only drawing to Llanelli on the final day. Any one of 2nd-4th place could have got the 2nd CL place but it was Aberystwyth who took it for the 2nd year running. We then played them in the Welsh Cup Final where we beat them 2-1 in a close encounter.

Carmarthen 2038/39

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

Another title for us in what was a bit of a formality. We didn’t set the league on fire but done enough to win it early on.

League Table

European teams for next season

ECC – Carmarthen, Aberystwyth

EC – TNS, Llanelli, Barry, Rhyl.

Welsh Cup

League Cup

Europe

Came 2nd in the group behind Barcelona, Celtic and Trnava. We drew Tottenham in the first knockout round and lost 6-0 on aggregate.

Results

Group

Transfers

Washington

Ryan Clark

Stephen Igwe

Zac Baillie

Transfers

Finances

Not a great year financially, we were losing around 1million per month without European football, and we didn’t make a great deal from European football compared to last year.

Finances

Wales

Champions League

Aberystwyth: Best Placed 3rd Round: Lost 2-0 to Spartak Moscow.

Euro Cup

Llanelli: Playoff: Lost 4-1 to Monaco.

Port Talbot: 3rd qualifying round: Beat Vit. Guimaraes 2-0

Playoff: Beat Koln 3-1.

Results / Group

Aberystwyth: Playoff: Lost 4-1 to Lech.

TNS: Playoff: Beat Buducnost 5-1.

Results / Group

WPL Rank – 8th. Up 2 places.

Carmarthen Rank –17th. Up 5.

Co-efficient – 34.717/8th. Stay the same.

Welsh footballer of the year: Richie Lewis (Carmarthen)

Welsh young player of the year: Thomas Hughes (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Tommy Bartlett (Rhyl)

WPL Young Player of the year: Nicolaj Jensen (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Me (Carmarthen)

Been reading up on your career for the past couple of days, great stuff!

It's particularly interesting to me as I had a Haverfordwest career going in FM12, and had a huge (for West Wales) rivalry with Carmarthen over the course of my 20 seasons there. In that time I had 10 years in the CL groups, only making the QF once, so you have me beat on that front. Aberystwyth were 'my TNS' and were perennial title-challengers and co-efficient-getters.

In the first couple of seasons, with no money and no squad to speak of, I made great use of trial system, sometimes bringing in 50 or 60 plays in pre-season. This allowed me to bring in players from further afield than Wales (which, like you, I was restricted to), including a future club legend Argentinian striker, did you make a concious decision to not do this for any career realism reasons, or just something that didn't spring to mind?

Like you, I was haemorrhaging money on non-European months, this was primarily due to my tiny stadium (3000 cap, 1000 seats. Eventually upgraded to all-seater) which my board refused to upgrade. Even with the WPL up to 3.5 stars, I was only averaging 1200 attendances in the league (selling out Europe) which wasn't enough to justify upgrading. I know that Carmarthens ground is a similar size (having been there) and was wondering if you had run into similar problems as I notice no 'Stadium Upgrade' news being posted.

As an aside, such was my affinity with Haverfordwest, on a recent trip to Wales from my native Essex (staying in Carmarthen, no less), I paid the stadium a visit. It was silly, but something I really enjoyed, I even have a shirt.

Been reading up on your career for the past couple of days, great stuff!

It's particularly interesting to me as I had a Haverfordwest career going in FM12, and had a huge (for West Wales) rivalry with Carmarthen over the course of my 20 seasons there. In that time I had 10 years in the CL groups, only making the QF once, so you have me beat on that front. Aberystwyth were 'my TNS' and were perennial title-challengers and co-efficient-getters.

In the first couple of seasons, with no money and no squad to speak of, I made great use of trial system, sometimes bringing in 50 or 60 plays in pre-season. This allowed me to bring in players from further afield than Wales (which, like you, I was restricted to), including a future club legend Argentinian striker, did you make a concious decision to not do this for any career realism reasons, or just something that didn't spring to mind?

Like you, I was haemorrhaging money on non-European months, this was primarily due to my tiny stadium (3000 cap, 1000 seats. Eventually upgraded to all-seater) which my board refused to upgrade. Even with the WPL up to 3.5 stars, I was only averaging 1200 attendances in the league (selling out Europe) which wasn't enough to justify upgrading. I know that Carmarthens ground is a similar size (having been there) and was wondering if you had run into similar problems as I notice no 'Stadium Upgrade' news being posted.

As an aside, such was my affinity with Haverfordwest, on a recent trip to Wales from my native Essex (staying in Carmarthen, no less), I paid the stadium a visit. It was silly, but something I really enjoyed, I even have a shirt.

Thanks for reading! It's definitely hard work trying to get to the latter stages of the knockouts every season. Aberystwyth have become quite a big team in the past 2 or 3 years, along with TNS and Rhyl. It's a shame the Haverfordwest tycoon takeover didn't happen a couple of seasons ago, they seem to be a bit of a yo-yo club at the moment.

I didn't really think to use the trial system, not in terms of 50-60 players anyway. I don't think i'd have the patience to go searching through so many players one by one on the off chance i might find someone. Obviously you did though so maybe i should have!

I've not been fussed on upgrading my stadium yet as i want to try and get as good as possible before i do so i get a bigger stadium. On European games i'm allowed to use the national stadium which is a 14,000 all seater so attendances generally range from 6,000-13,000 depending on the team/match importance. Attendance in the league is around 1,700 at the moment, going up 100-200 every couple of seasons. I did ask for a stadium upgrade this summer to see what they said but they rejected it so its probably a while off yet.

It's quite cool you've been out to see the club etc, did you watch a match? It's something i wouldn't mind doing for Carmarthen sometime, you get quite attached in these long term saves :D

Pre-season

6IQusJK.png

Not bothered about the results during pre-season, don't think they're that important. Just wanted to build fitness alot more than i did last year which hampered our start.

Transfers

Transfers Out: Let Novakovic go for 500k which was quite cheap but his performances had been poor for two years now and i had an exciting young Welsh talent coming though as my backup on the right. Thorvalsden had a good season on loan last year but he's not good enough to break into my team, once again because of a talented Welshman. Bland was never going to make it in my side, he'd had two poor loan spells in League One/Championship which helped him develop and gain value, i think i was fortunate to get 400k.

Transfers In

Couldn't find any value in the transfer market this summer, my main priority was a new left back as Morgan is now 32 and Jensen isn't that great but they'll have to do for now. My only signing was made by my assistant, he's not great so i loaned him out, will sell him for profit next summer.

Jim Barker

Blimey Jack, this is just getting better & better.

When I think back to your first decade in charge and your frustration with finishing second all the time...

Yeah i've been going through the season at a fast rate :D

Been a while since i've seen you on here though, where you been!?

Just thought i'd post a couple of screenshots of a few youths who have broken into my team who i don't think i've posted about before.

Jonathan Jones: Didn't really rate this guy when he came through as 2.5 stars, had to promote him to my first team as i need 2 under 18's every league game. Got him tutored and his potential went up to 4.5 stars. Starting giving him some game time and his stats have rocketed. I like to think of him as a right sided Gareth Bale, he's certainly got the physical stats for it!

Dylan Watts: Very good little CAM who developed well over the past couple of years. He still 2nd choice behind Pritchard but that could change in the next couple of seasons. He yet to really have a great season, just chipping in with the odd goal or assist. He lacks too much creativity for my liking which is a shame, i can't really make him focus on that so its just a matter of hoping.

I've not been fussed on upgrading my stadium yet as i want to try and get as good as possible before i do so i get a bigger stadium. On European games i'm allowed to use the national stadium which is a 14,000 all seater so attendances generally range from 6,000-13,000 depending on the team/match importance. Attendance in the league is around 1,700 at the moment, going up 100-200 every couple of seasons. I did ask for a stadium upgrade this summer to see what they said but they rejected it so its probably a while off yet.

It's quite cool you've been out to see the club etc, did you watch a match? It's something i wouldn't mind doing for Carmarthen sometime, you get quite attached in these long term saves :D

Guessing they added the national stadium thing in '13, as it was never an option for me last year. :( The triallist thing wasn't that much of a timesink, I usually just ended up offering trials to 5-10 at a time for each position based on age, int caps, nationality, or name. As much as I might like to claim a superior tactical knowledge, it was mostly luck.

Unfortunately it was during the Summer I went, so no game. Would have been nice to see all the players and staff I released in the game in the flesh though!

August/September

NcmxT0U.png

EK7lDh6.png

A good start so far with a couple of nice big wins. I'm surprised to see some of the better teams in the division having poor starts.

Champions League

We drew a tough group with both Bayern and Man United, with United somehow ending up in pot 3!

OVKiXkp.png

8PTO1y2.png

Bayern (A): We had a good 1st half, going in at half time at 1-1. Middleton got sent off after 59mins which made it a very tough task, we looked to have grabbed a draw until we conceded a pen on the 90th min.

United (H): A poor performance all round, we were never really in it. Watts got us a consolation goal late on.

Guessing they added the national stadium thing in '13, as it was never an option for me last year. :( The triallist thing wasn't that much of a timesink, I usually just ended up offering trials to 5-10 at a time for each position based on age, int caps, nationality, or name. As much as I might like to claim a superior tactical knowledge, it was mostly luck.

Unfortunately it was during the Summer I went, so no game. Would have been nice to see all the players and staff I released in the game in the flesh though!

I guess i was a bit too impatient or didn't think i could find anyone decent! I rarely had the option to offer any foreign players trials if i remember right.

Shame you didn't get a game, could have told them about your sucess :D

qGKAgmf.png

Great news, i think thats the first time Wales have qualified for a tournament in just over 2 decades so some obvious signs of progress there. They've got a pretty good manager who had a great year so far. He beat me to the job!

October/November

M24zLf6.png

c4gkKgN.png

It seems a large win bonus was woken the team up with some pretty big wins and 12 wins in 13. We're into the League cup final for the first time in 2 year and we smashed Chirk in the 3rd round of the Welsh Cup.

Champions League

3NvXCaD.png

FN0Xb7P.png

Dinamo (H): An easy win as expected with all goals in the 2nd half.

Dinamo (A): We went down to 10 men on the 61st min at 1-1 but that only inspired the team to go on and score 3 in quick sucession.

Bayern (H): We put up a fight but in the end Bayern were just too good for us, we were unfortunate to be missing a few players.

December/January

bvxxv4J.png

NubSH3y.png

Our great run of form has continued, and we only dropped points in a 2-2 draw with Airbus which puts us 21 points clear with 10 games left so the league is as good as won. I've enjoyed our goalscoring record this season, the win over TNS was particularly nice to see. We progressed into the next round of the Welsh Cup, beating Cefn Druids on pens after a 2-2 draw.

Champions League

38VCbn7.png

GT7R1bR.png

Man United (A): A meaningless match, disappointing to lose but it doesn't affect anything.

We face Celtic in the first knockout round of the Euro Cup.

Euro Cup

First Knockout Round

5shgyUC.png

Celtic (A): A good performance but we really should have put the game to bed with the amount of chances we had.

Celtic (H): A superb first half performance put us 4-0 up, with a hat-trick from Morgan. This killed off the tie and allowed us to take our foot off the peddle in the 2nd half.

Euro Cup

Second Knockout Round

CxDhIHJ.png

Villarreal (H): A great performance in the home leg, we took a 2-0 in the first 20 minutes which helped to settle us down. Morgan made it 3-0 with 18 minutes left.

Villarreal (A): Again, 2 early goals helped settle us down and virtually kill off the game. Jonasson then came on in the 2nd half to get himself a brace.

Archived