Finding/signing players ruins games in FMC

I'm finding the task of finding new players to sign is ruining my games when playing FMC, for the following reasons:

- There aren't enough suitable players on the player search screen.

- Attribute masking is a pain in the neck. I always unticked this in previous versions but can't in FMC. Why does the quick-play game mode include this arduous 'feature'? I just have to waste time assigning my scout to hundreds of players, which clogs up my inbox and shortlist.

- Players released by other clubs have no interest in discussing a contract, even some of those I had on loan the previous season. Or they ask for wages I can't offer, but then they sign for a club of similar standing for the wage I was able to offer.

- Loan signings are much easier to make in the first season when you can get players on 0% contribution wages. The same players the following season require full contribution and monthly payments.

The same thing has happened in both games I've had on FMC, starting in League 2. I've made the best of the squad I start the game with, but when it's necessary to recruit for the second season I can't do so.

Game 1, I lost the play-off final, released my deadwood in the summer, then couldn't rebuild my squad. Massively under my wage budget and filled with loan signings. Sacked by Christmas.

Game 2, I won the division, renewed my first team squad's contracts (except my goalkeeper), but I could only bring in 1star goalkeepers. It was quite clear to see each match that my players were getting good ratings and scoring goals, but my keeper was all over the place throwing goals in and losing matches. I'm 2nd from bottom at Christmas and can't see it getting better.

What can I do to stop this happening when I start my next game? Is there a simple way of scouting more effectively? Can I turn off attribute masking somehow? Otherwise I'm never going to get beyond a season-and-a-half in games.

You posted this in the wrong forum :p

I'm finding the task of finding new players to sign is ruining my games when playing FMC, for the following reasons:

- There aren't enough suitable players on the player search screen.

The amount of players you find on the Search Screen is related to the scouting knowledge your club has. The problem is that, in FMC, you can only have the Chief Scout, so you either get a scout with enormous knowledge or you're in trouble. This should be improved, either by allowing you to hire more scouts or by making the Search Screen independent of your scouting knowledge

- Attribute masking is a pain in the neck. I always unticked this in previous versions but can't in FMC. Why does the quick-play game mode include this arduous 'feature'? I just have to waste time assigning my scout to hundreds of players, which clogs up my inbox and shortlist.

I never liked Attribute Masking. I think scouting makes things more interesting because you actually discover players

I think Attribute Masking on FMC should be optional, however... it could even be disabled by default

- Players released by other clubs have no interest in discussing a contract, even some of those I had on loan the previous season. Or they ask for wages I can't offer, but then they sign for a club of similar standing for the wage I was able to offer.

This may affect the full game, not only FMC...

- Loan signings are much easier to make in the first season when you can get players on 0% contribution wages. The same players the following season require full contribution and monthly payments.

Idem. Even then, you need to check before attempting to loan a player - scouting helps in that regard

Archived