A manager after one thing, Global Dominance!

iHeadHunta x

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cracking little side to move to :thup:
Very interesting move. Good luck with survival, looks like some tough fixtures with some of them going for those last EL spots .Though I'm sure you'll manage that and rebuild the team to it's previous glories :thup:
Good luck in Sweden,I wonder if you will get a Zlatan Ibrahimović type of player through your youth system.
Good Luck in Sweden!

Thanks Everyone! Lets hope I can bring this club to former glory!

130px-Malmouml_FF_Logosvg_zps3fa7689c.png

Malmo FF - Last 4 Games

So I took over the club with 4 games left and the first few results just proved to me what I already knew it what was this squad needed a major turn around conceding 6 goals in 2 games in back to back defeats before we earned our first point under our management with a draw against Goteborg and a victory away to Kalmar in the final game of the year.

MalmoumlFF_FixturesSchedule-2_zpse3bd4a3e.png

We ended the year in 11th, I want to improve this next year as for a club of this stature in Sweden this is not good enough! However we could have finished as high as 5th with 2 more victories so It was a very tight league.

SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-2_zps45cb13b5.png

Not the greatest of starts at your new club. Hopefully you do better with pre season under your belt.
Good luck with Malmo! A bit of improvement needed!

Thanks for the comments, been working all weekend so aint had chance to play but there will be an update tonight!

Malmo FF - Pre-Season Transfers

So my first full season in charge which means my first pre-season in charge. We was given a transfer budget of 7mil to spend which I was never going to spend which meant my wage budget was at 64k and we are currently spending 42k per week. There was a total overhaul of the club in the summer with a total of 17 players leaving on a free and Tobias Malm leaving to Hacken for a fee of 10k. The first 2 players brought into the club was 2 goalkeepers due to shortage of them in the squad with my second choice GK Robin Malmqvist and then the keeper who will be in the starting 11, with Burkino Faso born Germain Sanou who has fantastic goalkeeping stats including his aerial. Next was my first outfield player signed, signed for 60k from Fiorentina Nii Nortey Ashong. He will provide some goods performances for the side as well as being a great future prospect for years to come. The next player brought in was spotted playing for the under 20 national team, Henrik Gronkvist! He is only 20 years of age and signed for a fee of 450k from Hammarby, he has amazing potential and should be a solid player for the squad and the national team in the future. He has fantastic determination (20) and is very driven so should achieve big things. The next was for the biggest fee, 1.5mil for Mahammadou Sissoko. It seems a lot of money but he is a very solid central defender with all the right stats required to be a massive signing for the club. And to leave the best till last, Adel Taarabt! He is only 28 years old and still in his prime despite never really achieving his max potential from his time at Spurs and QPR. He still has fantastic flair and skill and should be a huge player this year for me. Another positive of this was it was on a free transfer despite his high wages.

Malmouml_TransfersHistory_zpsf6e23f95.png

Robin Malmqvist I Germain Sanou I Henrik Gronkvist I Mahammadou Sissoko I Nii Nortey Ashong

AdelTaarabt_OverviewProfile_zps2c635e22.png

Malmo FF - April 2017 Review

Swedish Premier Division Results

What a start to the new season, picking up 15 points from 15. Three of which were away from home with the other 2 games being played infront of our own fans! As you can probably see on the goalscorers, 3 players have been standout performers - Behar Ferizi, Nahir Besara and Cheick Diarra - scoring 2, 3 and 3 goals respectively. We had been predicted to end up low down so this is a great start to the year.

MalmoumlFF_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsd0c69fdf.png

Swedish Cup Results and Table

We disappointingly exited the competition at the group stage having failed to qualify from a group with 2 lower league opposition with Elfsborg qualifying!

MalmoumlFF_FixturesSchedule_zps8c5d9b69.png

SwedishCup_OverviewStages_zpsf88adddb.png

Malmo FF - May and June 2017 Review

A huge drop in form is dissapointing for me as the manager, only picking up 8 points from 18 during the month of May and the one game I played in June. We just can't seem to finish teams off and this is costing us points. Adel Taarabt scored his first goal for the club which is very pleasing and is putting in some good consistent performances.

MalmoumlFF_FixturesSchedule-4_zpsb2153e4a.png

After 11 games we sit in 3rd place, if we could stay in this position at the end of the season then this would be a great season and hopefully we could have European Football here next year.

SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewStages_zpse9962b01.png

Pretty good start, shame about the dip in form, but form is temporary
Shame about those 2 narrow defeats at the beggining of the month, still doing well to be in 3rd though. Long way to go to catch up too.
Those back to back defeats have hurt you a little but it's still a very good start to the league.

Thanks lads, hurt our confidence alot and thats shown in next few updates!

Malmo FF - July 2017 Review

As you can probably see, the season has started going horribly wrong with probably my worst run of results in management, only picked up 1 points from 5 games in the month of July. As you can see, we can handle ourselves attacking wise scoring 9 goals in 5 games but have let ourself down on the defensive front losing 3-2 - 3 times in the month - before one of the worst results of my career, a 5-1 Drumming away to one of our biggest rivals Helsingsborg. Despite some poor performances through the squad, Cheick Diarra is still performing well scoring 4 times this month.

MalmoumlFF_FixturesSchedule-5_zps4263852c.png

We have dropped 3 places in the table due to a poor month and we now sit in 6th position. However we can still gain European Football with another few good months.

SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-4_zpsd885d6b5.png

Malmo FF - July 2017 Review

Swedish Premier Division and Cup Results

Now that's more like, a change of tactics and the signings of a few solid central defenders has helped us turn this season back round on his head. We have signed two new defenders which has definately helped, Herve Mathijs the first and then Sebastian Starke Hedlund. We picked up 2 victories and 2 draws in the league this month which is fantastic aswell as scrapping few against Second Division Varbergs in the cup as I gave the youth players a chance to progress. Taarabt and Diarra were both fantastic again this month aswell as Mathijs making an instant impact scoring on his debut and then a week later.

MalmoumlFF_FixturesSchedule-6_zpsefe82cd6.png

Although we still sit in 6th positon, you can see how tight the league is with just 3 points separating 4 places so we still have a chance to make this a fantastic season.

SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-5_zps4f77bb99.png

Players In

Herve Mathijs - A great signing for the team, as solid central defender as we could really get at this level. He has some great stats for a defender such as Tackling at 16 but the main reason I signed he was his physical stats. He has 16 strength so will be very solid aswell as some pace at 14. He is very tall at 193 cm with very good jumping so all these statistics combined will ensure we have a quick strong central defender who will be an aeriel thread, not just in defence but also in attack and this has been proven already with 2 goals from corners.

HerveacuteMathijs_OverviewAttributes_zpsaf20beb3.png

Sebastian Starke Hedlund - Aswell as Mathijs, Sebastian is also going to be a great signing for this level of football. He is also a fairly tall defender at 186cm with some fantastic defending attributes such as good heading and tackling aswell as being very good on the mental side of his games. He also has a lot of strength and pace (16 and 14 respectively) so he should be very solid at the back, and he can also play on the left side of the defence and with his pace so prove a very important and versatile player

SebastianStarkeHedlund_OverviewAttributes_zpsb140dad8.png

Malmo FF - August 2017 Review

Well have a look at that, how quickly a season can turn around at such a short space of time. An action packed month saw us have to play 6 league games, including playing top of the table Norrkoppings. The league structure is very strange meaning a lot of league fixtures in the last few months of the season. We picked up 4 victories and 2 draws this month including the 0-0 draw in the first game of the month. We seem to be outscoring every opponent we play which is a delight and this is down to a large proportion of goals from Cheick Diarra as this month he popped up and scored another 5 goals in 6 games.

MalmoumlFF_FixturesSchedule-7_zps4941612c.png

We have amazingly moved up to second position in the league table and have a chance to catch up on first and win our first league title since 2010. This position currently means we are in the spot for a Euro Cup spot next season which would be fantastic for the squad and the finances.

SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-6_zps4c8f95ea.png

Malmo FF - September 2017 Review

Well the last month of the season, and although it seems a dissapointing month it was enough. We started the month with a lot of momentum with a 4-2 victory over 2nd place Goteborg before throwing it away with a defeat and draw. Going into the last game we could have finished as low as 6th so a victory was vital and with the other teams in the league doing us a favour and beating our rivals we ended up finishing 2nd which is fantastic and means we will enter the Euro Cup next season

MalmoumlFF_FixturesSchedule-2-Copy_zps197e51f1.png

We ended up finishing in 2nd which is fantastic and hopefully next year we can push on and try to win the league.

SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewStages_zps22f2dce8.png

Good first full season in Sweden, that was a bit up and down through the season but 2nd is quite a remarkable climb from last season's shocker for a club of Malmö's ambitions and history (didn't they play Nottingham Forest in the CL final in the 70s?).

Backing you for the title next year, no pressure. ;)

Good first full season in Sweden, that was a bit up and down through the season but 2nd is quite a remarkable climb from last season's shocker for a club of Malmö's ambitions and history (didn't they play Nottingham Forest in the CL final in the 70s?).

Backing you for the title next year, no pressure. ;)

Yeah mate, 1979 they lost to Clouthys Forest.

Malmo FF - 2017-2018 Season Review

Swedish Premier Division

Fixtures 1 I Fixtures 2 I Past Positions - Well a season of two halfes to say the least, we started the season off as we finished the season prior with a fantastic run of form winnning all 5 games in the month of April. We then had a little bad patch which could have been down to fitness with back to back 3-2 defeats. The month of July could have broke our season with a disastrous month and one of my worst run of form in football management, only picking up 1 point from 5 games including a horrendous 5-1 defeat at the hands of our fierce rivals Helsingborgs. However we turned it around fantastically in the second half of the season as we knew only a brilliant run of form would turn the year around going unbeaten for 12 games and only losing once in 15. We went into the last fixture knewing we would rely on other teams and miraculously we got a big slice of luck winning our last game which ensured we finished in 2nd pace which means European football next season. We scored the most goals in the league this year with 54 which is pleasing but also conceded the most out of the top 6 which really needs to be addressed next season.

Endofyeartable_zpsb953b649.png

(Sorry about it being a small update, lost the files for screenshots of squad and finances

Squad Developement

Goalkeepers

Robin Malmqvist (Goalkeeper) - I signed Robin when I first joined the club but he has never estabilished himself as my No1, and this is partially due to the lack of first team exposure he has been given due to the performances of Germain Sanou. I feel their is still a future at the club for Robin, and at only the age of 29 he still has quite a few years left him at this level of football. When he has played he has done a considerably good job when called upon despite conceding 19 goals in 10 games. However the lack of matches he has been playing has also reflected in his overall game with a large number of attributes decreasing so next season I may need to look at either given him so more match time or part ways and sign a much younger goal keeper who will gain relevant experience when called upon but happy to sit tight for a few years.

Germain Sanou (Goalkeeper) - Aswell as Robin, Germain was signed when I first joined the club but has played the majority of games this season, estabilishing himself as the No1 with some great perfomances. I have just felt that Germain commands his goal area more comfortably than Robin, and is a more natural goalkeeper with much better Physical attributes aswell as being able to communicate more effectively with the back line with much better attributes in Communication, Command of Area and Teamwork which is always an important part for my goalkeepers. He is only 15 years of age and this is being shown in training and he is learning and improving a considerable amount in his goalkeeping and mental attributes. He has also become a regular for his country - Burkino Faso - so he is gaining more experience than Robin and improving at a much more considerable rate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up Defenders

Squad Developement

Defenders - Part 1 Fullbacks

Fredric Johnson -At the age of 30, Freddy has played a rotational role this year. He never really managed to secure a first team spot and this was largely down to his age. He has a good all round game and when called upon played well playing 7 games with an average rating of 7.09. Freddy will be leaving us in the summer as I just feel that his wages are just too high for a player who only appears on an average of 1 in 4 games. However he has been a good servant to the club so hopefully the fans will remember all that he did for the club.

FredricJonson_OverviewAttributes-Copy_zpsd0b6c9fb.png

(Leaving the club come the end of the season)

Nii Nortey Ashong - Nii has been a solid fullback for the side this year putting in some very good performances. His attributes have improved aswell over the course of the season with good tackling and marking. In the role my fullback's have I like them to have good crossing so the main training I had over the season was crossing and having failed to improve at Crossing over the course of the season, I may need to tweak his training slightly to try and improve some of his other attributes. He has made the right back spot his own this year so I will not be looking for anyone in this position. At only the age of 23 he still has plenty of season's left in him so if he can continue to improve then hopefully he can be a loyal servant to the club.

NiiNorteyAshong_OverviewAttributes-Copy_zpsf1623edc.png

Will stick at Crossing training this year with the hope he can improve the current 10 to at least a 12

Henrik Gronkvist - My favorite and most improve player of the season. After signing Henrik at the age of 17 and now being 20, he has come on leaps and bounds in the past few years largely down to individual training and first team football. At the start of the season, Henrik was coming on nicely but I wanted to improve his crossing which was only 5. After playing 18 games for the club and an individual training schedule on crossing, he has improved by 2 on his crossing and has progressed nicely as a footballer. The coaches have been delighted with how well he has been coming on. His general defending attributes like Marking and Tackling have also improve significantly which is a fantastic sign of the progress he is making as a footballer and the Euro Cup experience will do doubt help his progress.

HenrikGroumlnkvist_OverviewAttributes-Copy_zps549897a9.png

Hopefully he can progress all round and try to improve his crossing further from 6 to at least 8-10!

Sebastian Starke Hedlund - I signed Seb halfway through the season as a player that can provide a good solid defensive performances aswell as being a good rotational player being able to play the left and central side of the defence. He is as solid a defender as I could have found with 16 strength aswell as having pace. However a downside to Seb's game is his marking, at only 10 this needs to be improved with it being such an important attribute for a central defender so hopefully this can be improve this season. He only played 5 games in the season but when called upon playing well and was solid, with an average rating of 7.15. He will definitely get more first team exposure this season, and should improve as a footballer in the future couple of years.

SebastianStarkeHedlund_OverviewAttributes_zps020b689a.png

Progressing along nicely but want to improve his marking from 10 to at least 13.

Squad Developement

Defenders - Part 1 Central Defenders

Herve Mathijs - Just like Seb, I signed Herve during the season as I felt that the side needed another solid defender who has pace and strength to tighten up the defence. Aswell as being a fantastic player he still has a lot of potential to improve being only 21 years old and has already been called up to the Belgium National Team. His tackling and marking is already at a high level with fantastic jumping abillity so I would like to improve his heading from 12. He scored 3 goals in the 10 apperances that he made for the side since being signed and also has a very good disciplinary record which is always pleasing for a defender.

HerveacuteMathijs_OverviewAttributes-Copy_zps07c95fcb.png

Improve his heading from 12 to at least 14

Alexander Blomqvist - Well, what can I say about Alexander. Signed at a young age and looking back at it now, it was a big mistake. All he ever does about moaning about not getting enough football even know he was signed as a backup. I thought he had a lot of potential we he signed for the side. He has improved slightly as a player over the last few years physically, having improved his Stamina and Strength but for me, he is just too much of a bad egg and will be hopefully leaving the side in the summer otherwise we will jave to keep him as a backup still.

AlexanderBlomqvist_OverviewAttributes-Copy_zpsd858959b.png

Aiming to get rid of in the summer, otherwise will have to stay as a backup

Jasmin Sudic - The captain! Jasmin is in the prime of his career at the age of 27 years old and has plenty of years left in the tank. However I have a dilemma, He wants a bigger challenge and wants to leave? Do I keep him or let him go? He is a fantastic defender with a lot of Aerial ability to worry strikers and defenders alike from corners. He is very strong meaning he is solid at the back but lacks the pace sometimes to keep up with fast strikers which is dissapointing. He scored 1 goal this season, coming from a corner but for me goals are just a bonus its the stability that he offers and the leadership qualities at the back with good influence.

JasminSudic_OverviewAttributes-Copy_zps8fe7b70d.png

Try to improve his physically abilities such as pace

Mahamadou Sissoko - The most expensive signing in my managerial career so far, Sissoko. Signed for 1.5mil and has already stepped up to expectations putting in some fine solid displays with an average rating of 7.38. He is simply a beast, 191 cm tall with pace and strength he is simply just so solid. His marking is brilliant so a combination of this with pace and strength means he is a real talent. Like the other central defenders, his heading could be improved and hopefully can chip in with a few more goals next season to help out on the goal front aswell as providing a good sterdy defensive displays.

MahamadouSissoko_OverviewAttributes-Copy_zps7d3d79f8.png

Try to improve his heading from 12 to at least 14

Squad Developement

Midfielders - Part 1 Wingers

Adel Taarabt - The biggest name in the squad, ex QPR winger Adel Taarabt. We signed Adel on a free transfer a few seasons back, and he took a while to settle in. Adel had a fairly average season scoring 4 goals and 8 assists. He is starting to decline as he is getting older but he is still putting in performances that in my eyes merits a starting 11 spot in the team. As he starts to get older he physical attributes are declining and his stamina means that he keeps struggling with fitness wise and struggles to put back to ack starts together. However for now he is a good enough player occupy my right wing spot.

AdelTaarabt_OverviewAttributes-Copy_zps09e3f4a7.png

Christopher Telo - Telo just never got the game time this season he needed only playing 4 games over the season. He just is not good enough for the side and on wages like 2000 a week he will have to leave in the summer. As you can see his attributes have decreased significantly and this is mainly down to lack of match practice. For a winger his crossing is fairly poor aswell as being too weak on the ball. But when called upon he did his part for the side!

ChristopherTelo_OverviewAttributes-Copy_zps03bcc4d2.png

Will be leaving the club as soon as possible

Simon Helg - Played the majority of the games this season on the left wing Simon Helg has been a very key player to our success with an average rating of 7.00 including 3 goals and 7 assists. He has come on leaps and bounds this year improving his crossing but I really want to try and improve his passing which is only currently 10. Although I like my wingers to hug the touchline they need to occasionally cut inside and play through balls to the strikers so this needs to be improved hopefully. He has good dribbling and crossing and techinque is good so with the added extra of passing then he can be the player we have missed.

SimonHelg_OverviewAttributes-Copy_zps89546bb0.png

Improve passing from 10 to at least 12-14.

Archived