FM13: Birmingham City FC: We dont care about Carson!....

idol1

Started a new game as Brum, got rid of most of my older players and bought in cheap foreign players, bad mistake, currently bottom on the league after 10 games, only won 1 game, drew 2 and lost 7, currently playing 4-2-3-1 formation, might change it, players morale down big time, anyone got any advice ?

just finished our first season back in the premiership and had a brilliant season finishing 3rd (champions league here we come)and won the league cup.At one stage we went 24 games unbeaten from the start of the season but it against the big boys we struggled to score i might have to have a look at my tactics for next season.

My team of the season

gk Ruddy(was very good back in the england squad)

rb Eardely(suprised me a lot and plus he hits a mean free kick)

lb Ruben (played brillliant when he broke into the team and hasnt looked back)

cb Strandberg(an absolute must buy ,got 13 goals now valued at 9m)

cb Davies(captain and showed why brilliant all season)

dm Kouyate(brought in as centre back ,but dominated in midfield )

cm Jenssen( mr.consistent never gives the ball away)

cm Fernandes(signed in January from Besiktas for 6.25m)

rw Weiss/Redmond( these two were devastating out wide)

lw Drage( got top young player in europe)

st Bony (finished top scorer with 24 goals)

Subs-Batth,Spector,Mudingayi,N`djeng,Helenius,Diskerud,Murphy,

Looking to next season i need to find a consistent tactic, as i think i tinkered between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 and was lucky in some games,also i need to bring in some more home grown talent ive got my eye on a couple of players but depends on what money i get to spend

edit-Villa only finished 10th in the championship:applause::lol::D

Looking good! have you settled on a tactic yet? i just won the leaguecup and need something solid for next season. open to any ideas, got players to fit any formation i think.

• 4 weeks later...

i`m back atfer my break and have found my love for the game again.so here we go

season 12/13

A great season for us saw us return to the premier league and reach the FA Cup final which we lost 1-0 to Arsenal.It was a major squad overhaul this season as i needed some cash to keep the club going so out went caldwell leeds 1m,gomis leeds 1m,burke notts forest 1.7m,fahey wolves 2m,ibanez hull 400k,elliott swindon free and ambrose motherwell 750k (in January),this brought around 7m into the club.i decided to go for young and hungry players to replace the old guard so in came,bodde free,ottesen fc kobenhaven 500k,hult elfsborg 750k,strandberg rosenborg 750k,hateley motherwell 750k,dockal rosenborg 750k,drage tromso 750k,with tate swansea loan,le fondre reading loan ,hiljemark pev loan,kozak lzaio loan and mendes de silva red bull salzburg 325k(in january)this mean we spent 4.6m

In october we were taken over by jeremy wray who gave us no money to spend,but with hancox,reilly,arthur,asante and delfounseo progressing well i wasnt worried about it.We dominated the league winning it by 19 points with our record being won 33drew 7 lost 6 scoring 94 and letting in only 38.In the leaue cup we got to the 4th round before man utd hammered 4-2 at home.In the FA cup we reached the Final but with our small squad fetting tired we lost 1-0 to aresnal in a tight game

tactic wise we played a 4-4-2 system during the season(it`s the sacchi one on the forums its the best one ive played on this game).

my team of the season

butland,spector,murphy,davies,strandberg,hiljemark,da silva,drage,redmond,kozak,zigic subs-dockal, bodde,hult,le fondre,ottesen,hateley,tate.

top scorer-kozak 42 goals all comps.

Season 13/14

Our first season back in the premiership was brilliant as we finished 2nd,1 point behind chelsea on the last day of the season so champions league football coming to st.andrews next season.I was given 7m to spend with an extra 100k i wages so i had to rebuild the squad so we would survive.firstly carr,robinson,king,mullins and lovenkrands were given free transfers with bodde de graafschaap 400k and hateley cardiff 1m also leaving.i decided to sought through the free transfer list and signed Sanogo(pre contract),wayne bridge,wootton,roque santa cruz,matic,and simao.after last seasons goals kozak joined for 3.5m from lazio he was joined by gunnarsson cardiff 3.5m,shcaars sporting 500k,stockdale fulham 1.3m,mcarthur wigan 800k, fierro joining on loan with adam smith also on loan from spurs.

The league season was fantastic with us finishing with a record of won 26 drew 9 lost 3 scoring 86 and letting in 38 getting 87 points.The league cup was again a dissapointment with us going out in the 3rd to eveton on penalties atfer a 4-4 draw.The FA cup was a little better with us reaching the 6th round before man utd beat us 3-0 in a one sided game

tacitc wise we went with our 4-4-2 system from last season which works really well.

my team of the season

stockdale,spector,murphy,davies,strandberg,da silva,matic,drage,redmond,kozak,santa cruz, subs-simao,dockal,gunnarsson,sanogo,schaars,sanogo,wootton

top scorer-kozak 45 goals in all comps (player of the season)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived