[FM13] A Simple Journey

gamersnsd906

I'm currently on break from school for a few weeks so I think this will be an excellent time to start a career with FM13. My previous careers with FM12 didn't go well, mostly because I was too busy or wasn't sure if anyone was even reading.. But this time, I will try to keep it as updated as possible.

Career Summary

Club Career Summary

2012 - 2014: Los Angeles Galaxy

2014 - 2016: Manchester United

2016 - Current: Atletico Madrid

National Career Summary

Soon to be filled

Club Achievements

2012 Season: Los Angeles Galaxy - MLS Cup

2012 Season: Los Angeles Galaxy - Lamar Hunt US Open Cup

2013 Season: Los Angeles Galaxy - MLS Cup

2014 Season: Los Angeles Galaxy - CONCACAF Champion

2014-2015 Season: Manchester United - UEFA Champions League

2015-2016 Season: Manchester United - UEFA Super Cup

2015-2016 Season: Manchester United - Club World Cup

2015-2016 Season: Manchester United - Barclays Premier League

Personal Achievements

2015-2016 Season: Manchester United - Barclay's Manager of the Year Runnerup

2016-2017 Season: Atletico Madrid - Premio Don Balon Mejor entrenador del ano

175px-Los_Angeles_Galaxy_logo.svg.png

New Manager Appointed At Los Angeles Galaxy

In what may be seen as a surprise appointment, the Los Angeles board has named a rookie United States head coach as their new boss. The news came a day after Bruce Arena decided to step down. With this appointment, Los Angeles Galaxy clearly feels it is time for the club to take a new direction, and are placing their bets in the hands an inexperience coach.

Gamersnsd has been given a contract until the end of the season and has been tasked with getting the team to play an attacking style of soccer.

--------

2z3n9r5.jpg

2012 Season Preview - Los Angeles Galaxy - Major League Soccer

Boards Expectations:

Major League Soccer: Win the Major League Soccer

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup: Not a priority

Transfers:

I decided to use the current team and not buy any players in my first season.

IN: £0

OUT: £0

Garcia, Rafael: Given free transfer

Team:

Since I was asked to play an attacking style, I decided to go with a fluid 4-2-3-1, and after looking at the team and pre-season friendlies, these are the starting players.

24f0k5t.jpg

Made it to the Winter Transfer of the first season with Arsenal sitting at 20th place.. yes regulation haha. I was only able to win 1-2 games and the rest were ties... so of course I got sacked. I did some reading around the SI forums and it seems I'm not the only one experiencing this with the 13.2.1 patch?

So I'm going to start a new save (I'll edit the above posts to reflect the new save) and try to adjust my tactics this time. I was pretty stubborn and kept switching tactics because I couldn't get any results.

Finally, after much tinkering, I came up with a decent tactic that would actually win in the 13.2.1 patch!

Decided to start over and this time start with the Los Angeles Galaxy

----------

2012 Season Review - Los Angeles Galaxy - Major League Soccer

League:

qoaptf.jpg

A rather disappointing, we were predicted to finish first for the 2012-2013 season but we came short as we lost the top standing by one point! A major dip in form came towards the end of July because I had injury crisis in my defense one after another. Part of the reason in the dip in form also came from my tinkering with the formation, for some reason Robbie Keane just stopped scoring and I couldn't figure out how to get him back to scoring form; oddly, he kept getting high match ratings.

We also managed to win the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup; meaning we had done the double!

j0v5gw.jpg

Top Players:

Robbie Keane: Started strong and became the team's leading scorer but suddenly stopped scoring and began contributing with buildup plays.

Landon Donovan: Magnificent performance throughout the season for the team captain. He saved my team multiple times.

David Beckham: Play a key role in the midfield and had 12 assists throughout the season.

Players that Stepped up:

These are the players in the Reserves that actually performed quite well during my several injury crisis. Without them, I probably would not have been able to succeed.

Tommy Meyer: Had some impressive display in the defensive line alongside first team players like Gonzalez and DeLaGarza.

Kenney Walker: Stepped up to fill Juninho's place when injury hit and impressed to take the first team place for much of the second half of the season.

Boardroom:

As the season ended, the Chairman offered me a new 2 year contract on £16.000 p/w. Contract signed.

2013 Season Preview - Los Angeles Galaxy - Major League Soccer

Boards Expectations:

Major League Soccer: Win the Major League Soccer

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup: Not a priority

Key Transfers:

For my first season, I did not make any transfers, so technically the team I had was Bruce Arena's team. With the start of a new season, I wanted to mold the team into my liking, and that means a younger Galaxy side. So, I sold Donovan and tried to sell Keane and Beckham, but Keane was injured during the MLS Cup and Beckham just would not budge.

IN: £3.800.000

Bebe: Bought from Manchester United for £1.400.000 with hopes of developing the youngster.

Yoo Byung-Soo: Bought from Al-Hilal for £2.400.000 to provide the firepower alongside Keane.

OUT: £8.000.000

Donovan, Landon: Sold to Arsenal for £8.000.000 and was met with a lot of disappointment from the fans for selling the club legend.

Pre-Season Friendlies:

The pre-season did not start well, with new signings and drafted players, the squad needed time to gel and as you can see, it wasn't a perfect pre-season for us. Yoo Byung-Soo got injured and the void left by Donovan was greatly felt. But I was confident we could challenge for the CONCACAF Champions League and retain our MLS title for a third time.

2ng99n6.jpg

2013 Season Review - Los Angeles Galaxy - Major League Soccer

League:

rwtjl1.jpg

Not as successful as last season. With Landon Donovan gone, the team fell apart, which was something I was not expecting. Sure he was captain, but I was confident the youngsters and drafted players would step up but unfortunately, that was not the case. We struggled domestically throughout the first half of the season. We failed to retain our Open Cup title as we were knocked out of the Lamar US Open Cup during the 4th round by Harrisburg City Islanders.

sevn6s.jpg

As I've said, our league campaign was not perfect, it wasn't until the second half of the season that the team started to click together again and managed to drag ourselves back up the ladder and into playoff place. We were pitted against San Jose in the Semi Final; we fought to a stalemate (0-0) at home but fought to a close victory (0-1) at the second run. Next was the final against Chivas USA; we destroyed them during the home stretch (6-2) but suffered from complacency and lost (0-3) away; resulting in an aggregated score of (6-5) in our favor.

The MLS cup was much closer in the 2013 season compared to 2012's. We went up against the Houston Dynamo and were pretty much behind the entire match (1-2) but managed Yoo Byung-Soo scored the equalizer during the 79th minute which forced the match into extra time. This is where we exerted our dominance and scored 4 goals to seal a dominated victory.

CONCACAF Champions League:

9r2dzs.jpg

Despite our initial struggles in the MLS league, we continued our strong run in the CONCACAF Champions League. We defeated Chivas in the Quarter Final and Santos Laguna in the Semi Final before falling to Monterrey in the Finals. I wonder what would've been if Donovan was never sold.

Top Players:

Robbie Keane: Took the captain's armband after Donovan and led with confidence and leadership. The lack of goals was a result of me shifting him to the attacking midfield role where he surprisingly thrived.

Omar Gonzalez: The defensive lynchpin of the team. Whenever he was injured or called up for international duties, the defensive line suffered.

Yoo Byung-Soo: The leading goal scorer and helped both our continental and domestic campaign. The lack of goals was a result of his inability to adapt to the United States, once that was resolved, he went on a goal scoring spree.

Park Jong-Jin: Bought during the summer international transfer to help Yoo Byung-Soo settle. Unlike his fellow countryman, took little time settling in and played a key part of our resurgence in the MLS.

Players that Stepped up:

These are the players in the Reserves or signed from the Galaxy Academy that actually performed quite well during my several injury crisis. Without them, I probably would not have been able to succeed.

Josh Estrada: Put in some fine performances for his first season. Will definitely make the left fullback/wingback is own in the future.

Honorary Mentions:

David Beckham: Provided some good performances but because of his age and my desire to transform the LA Galaxy team into a young one, he was often left out. Has set retirement date to July 14, 2014.

Bebe: Signed from Manchester United early in the season; pretty much the MLS version of Cristiano Ronaldo for his speed and physicality. Put in fine performances but was often inconsistent.

Summer International Transfers:

IN: £800.000

Park Jong-Jin: Bought from Suwon for £800.000 to help Yoo Byung-Soo settled and quickly became an important member.

Arismendi, Diego: Was released from Stoke and signed as a free transfer.

OUT: £1.100.000

Wilhelmsson, Christian: Sold to FC Midtjylland for £1.100.000.

2014 CONCACAF and Half Season Review - Los Angeles Galaxy - Major League Soccer

CONCACAF Champions League:

kmhj4.jpg

Yes, we finally did it. After falling short last season, I pushed the team and switched to a defensive training during the later half of the CONCACAF Champions League. I think it helped because the defense was much more organized and the new signings definitely played a role in our success. We were matched up against Santos Laguna again this year and managed to beat them. The final against Pumas was hard, we were dominated the entire match but managed to score once in each, resulting in an aggregated score of (2-0) for us.

2h6ay4w.jpg

League:

We started off very strong. From the start of the Major League Soccer (March 8th) to around the half point (May 3rd) we lost only twice. The defense really looked like they finally clicked and with guidance from our new goalkeeper, they were unbeatable. But then, we went on a three match losing streak, followed by a draw, two losses, and two wins--one of those losses resulted in us being knocked out of the US Open Cup again. I don't know what happened, maybe it was complacency. But the World Cup did play a major role in it, all of my first team defensive line were called up for the United States team and I was left with no one and had to shift several midfielders to the defensive line. Which had mixed results.

14np7ci.jpg

During the summer of 2014, Sir Alex Ferguson retired from his position as head coach of Manchester United. Many head coaches were linked with the vacancy but the biggest surprise to me was that Manchester United had approached me. I thought about it long and hard, but in the end, I decided to accept. The reason was because by this time (2014) and lot of the up-and-coming youngster had made a name for themselves and I wanted a chance to coach some of them, real players--which would be impossible if I had taken over a lower team. Once most of the real players retire, I'll go for a lower league team.

fc.jpg

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

2014 World Cup and 2014-2015 Season Preview - Manchester United - Barclays Premier League

2014 World Cup:

30ixsmv.jpg

The much anticipated 2014 World Cup has come and gone. Most of the heavyweights and favorites made it past the group stages and battled for the title of World Champions. Current World Champion and European Champion Spain fell short and did not even qualify for the Group Stages. Germany became the eventual winner by beating Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal with the help of Mesut Ozil.

2014 World Cup Awards:

Best Goalkeeper: Manuel Neuer -- Claimed award with 10 goals allowed and 2 shutouts in 7 appearances.

Golden Ball: Mesut Ozil -- Claimed the award with 4 goals and 3 assists in 7 appearances. Beat Cristiano Ronaldo and Mario Gotze.

Golden Shoe: Falcao -- Claimed the award with 8 goals in 4 appearances. Beat Cristiano Ronaldo and Mario Gomez.

--------

New Manager Appointed At Manchester United

With the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson, Manchester United decided to bring in the young American head coach as their new boss. With this appointment, Manchester United clearly feels it is time for the club to take a new direction, and are placing their bets in the hands an up-and-coming coach.

Gamersnsd has been given a five year contract and has been tasked with developing the youth system and getting the team to play an attacking style of soccer.

2rm7alc.jpg

Many head coaches were linked with the vacancy but the biggest surprise to me was that Manchester United had approached me. I thought about it long and hard, but in the end, I decided to accept. The reason was because by this time (2014) and lot of the up-and-coming youngster had made a name for themselves and I wanted a chance to coach some of them, real players--which would be impossible if I had taken over a lower team. Once most of the real players retire, I'll go for a lower league team.

--------

Current Manchester United Team

This is the team Sir Alex Ferguson left for me. By looking at the names, you'd expect this team to have won the Barclays Premier League last season or the season before that, heck even both seasons. But unfortunately that was not the case, United lost the title to Manchester City, who won the league for the last two seasons. Manchester United came in 2nd place for the 2012-2013 season and 3rd place for the 2013-2014 season. Now that I am head coach, this will have to change.

6gg8kl.jpg

Major Transfers:

The team was already beefed up so there wasn't much for me to do in terms of strengthening. But I did take a look at several fringe players and got rid of anyone who was not good enough. One of the major decisive factor was consistency--I used the assistant manager's report and sold most of the players who have consistency weaknesses.

IN: £1.000.000

Honda, Keisuke: One of the last transfers Sir Alex made before retiring. The Japanese playmaker came as a free agent and it will be interesting how he plays alongside Shinji Kagawa who is another Japanese playmaker.

Pontes, Miguel: Snatched this youngster up from Porto for £1.000.000. Can I pull a Sir Alex and make this kid the next Cristiano Ronaldo? We'll find out!

OUT: £56.000.000

Nicholson, Mike: Sir Alex bought him from Dundee United for £450.000. He looks like he can be a superstar so I decided to loan him out to get some first team experience.

Evra, Patrice: Would not sign a new contract as he was homesick and wanted a new challenge. Left as a free transfer.

Powell, Nick: Sold to Brighton for £6.000.000 as he was not deem consistent enough and barely got any games in during the Ferguson reign.

Burdisso, Guillermo: Sold to Sevilla for £16.000.000 as I was uncertain if I could give him the playing time he needed.

Nani: Another victim of my decision to sell inconsistent players and was sold to Napoli for £28.000.000. This one might come back and bite me as looking at his past performances, he averaged 7.00+ ratings but I didn't want to take a risk and have him perform poorly during important matches.

Fabio: Sold to Brighton for £6.000.000.

Pre-Season Friendlies:

The preseason went by great. We had our training camp in China People's Republic where we faced and defeated Beijing Guoan and Guangzhou Evergrande. The team performed admirably but the biggest performers during the preseason were Gareth Bale, Valencia, and Kagawa. I can't wait to see how well the team performs once they become familiar with my tactics. The biggest surprise was Angelo Henriquez, who took the striker position because Robin Van Persie was injured from the World Cup, the youngster scored in every match he played in.

r03tdh.jpg

This is the team that I used during the preseason that yielded the best result. When I say "best result" I mean winning by a big margin (2-3 goals). I found Huddlestone rotting in the reserves and was curious as to why. But since I needed another deep-lying playmaker I decided to move him back to the first team, he took that chance to prove that Sir Alex was wrong to place him in the reserves.

I chose to put Kagawa in the attacking midfield position and Rooney as the inside forward because that seemed to be the combination to get the best out of the two. Which is something Sir Alex was not able to do as Kagawa had average ratings of 6.96 and 6.97 during his two seasons at Manchester--but during the preseason for me, he achieved 7.0+ ratings with the highest being 7.7 rating.

25so0hh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2014-2015 Half Season Review - Manchester United - Barclays Premier League

2014 Ballon d'Or:

Cristiano Ronaldo: It took 37 goals in 52 games and leading Portugal to the finals of the 2014 World Cup for the Portuguese to wrestle the Ballon d'Or back from Lionel Messi. Messi failed to make it to the top three because he was hit by injuries during the 2013-2014 season and only managed 19 appearances for Barcelona.

2014 World Player of the Year:

Cristiano Ronaldo: A strong performance during the 2014 World Cup by leading Portugal to the finals helped the Portuguese to wrestle the award from Lionel Messi.

--------

League - First Half:

vo79rn.jpg

We started the season off very unorganized and gave away 9 goals during our first four matches. The first match against Sunderland was terrible, the defense was very leaky and I was just glad the offense led by Robin Van Persie was able to salvage a point for us. Despite a thrashing by Norwich, our momentum grew as we defeated our rivals and competition. Even though we managed to stay undefeated for 9 games, during that time, the team was ravaged by injuries--there was never a time when we were injury free. Injuries to Alaba, Subotic, Robin Van Persie, Rafael, Fletcher, Huddlestone, and Cleverly makes you wonder how we were able to manage all those wins. The answer lies in the performances of Gareth Bale and Shinji Kagawa, these two have been immense during the first half.

2014-2015 Season Review - Manchester United - Barclays Premier League

UEFA Champions League:

29x9bgj.jpg

Won the UEFA Champions League in my first season in charge. It was not easy as the team continued to be plagued by injuries--especially Tom Cleverly who had 5 long term injuries this season. The first-leg match against Panathinaikos was a humiliation for us. We lost (0-3) away but managed to turn it around with a (4-0) win at home to advance to the quarterfinals where we drew FC Bayern Munich. Both the quarterfinals and semifinals were difficult legs, we won the home stretch but lost the away stretch and only advanced due to the "away goal" for the match against Bayern Munich and Chelsea missing 3 penalties in the semifinals.

But the finals against Real Madrid we dominated. This is the lineup for the final against Real Madrid. If you're wondering how, it is because they were missing Alvaro Arbeloa, Nuri Sahin, and Cristiano Ronaldo who were suspended. The match started off as a stalemate with each team having shots but could not convert. Things began to lean toward our favor when Madrid fell to 10 men because Jose Ignacio Fernandez Iglesias (or simply Nacho) was sent off for receiving two yellow cards. Keisuke Honda scored the first goal only to have Mesut Ozil equalized for Madrid. The floodgates were opened and Wayne Rooney scored a brace along with a goal from Chris Smalling to hand us the trophy.

With the UEFA Champions League trophy sitting in my trophy cabinet, my "supporters" were convinced I was the best head coach the United States had ever produced.

vxg1o4.jpg

--------

League - Second Half:

VB2YNks.png

The loss against Liverpool at the end of December threw off our momentum and we could not manage a long string of undefeated run like the first half. Disappointing defeats to Wigan and Burnley cost us the league title as we ended up 4 points behind Manchester City--who have now won the Premier League for the last 4 seasons. Injuries did not help our cause and the stress of the Champions League were breathing down our necks. Robin van Persie started the season strong, but after succumbing to a long term injury he was not able to find his scoring touch on a consistent basis.

Capital One Cup: Lost to Manchester City in the Final

FA Cup: Lost to Sheffield United in the 4th Round

--------

Top Players:

Shinji Kagawa: Throughout the season, Kagawa was the cog that kept the team flowing, whenever he was not playing, the team's performance was horrible. Had a knack for scoring important goals to change the momentum of matches.

Gareth Bale: If Kagawa was the cog that kept the team going, Bale was the marksmen that kept the team in the title race all the way to the end. Was the team's top scorer.

Wayne Rooney: Need I say more? Alongside Kagawa, he gave teams headaches with his scoring and assists.

Phil Jones: Made charging runs in the midfield to devastating effect. Still not close to a Yaya Toure player, but he is getting there.

• 2 weeks later...

2015-2016 Pre-Season and Half Season Review - Manchester United - Barclays Premier League

Major Transfers:

Despite winning the Champions League last season, I was disappointed to have lost the title to Manchester City, allowing them to win their fourth consecutive title. So I decided to make small adjustments and weed out unneeded players on high wages.

IN: £48.500.000

Salomon Rondon: Was initially priced at around £46.000.000 so I had to endorse and praise him so he would request a transfer. After his price tag fell to £26.000.000 it was a matter of fighting off other top teams to get his signature. In the end, we fought off Guardiola's Arsenal to sign the striker.

Ryan Shawcross: Bought him back to Manchester United for £13.000.000 because he requested a transfer due to being unhappy at Stoke. Fought off Liverpool who ended up signing Dejan Loven from Lyon for £28.000.000.

Markus Henriksen: Bought for £9.500.000 to be the eventual replacement for Michael Carrick.

OUT: £44.000.000

Robin van Persie: Would not sign a new contract so I sent him back to Holland by selling him to Ajax for £8.000.000.

Neven Subotic: Sold to Barcelona for £25.500.000 mostly because his acceleration is quite poor which cost me some goals last season.

Tom Huddlestone: Sold to Stoke for £10.000.000 because he wasn't very effective in his performances for me.

Mats Daehli: Sold to Sheffield United for £350.000.

Andreas Pereira: Sent on loan to Bolton with fee of £350.000.

2015 Ballon d'Or:

Gareth Bale: Not sure what has happened to Messi as he has failed to make it to the top three of the last two Ballon d'Or award. Bale clinched the award by scoring 24 goals in 44 games last season.

2015 World Player of the Year:

Gareth Bale: Claimed the award thanks to strong performances last season. Beat out last year's winner Cristiano Ronaldo and Chelsea's Eden Hazard.

--------

2015 Club World Cup:

2nqwepx.jpg

--------

League - First Half:

xeqvfa.jpg

We started the season very much like last year, key players struggled to find their form and our losses to Everton and Newcastle was a result. Wayne Rooney and Shinji Kagawa failed to control the games and we only managed those early wins thanks to Gareth Bale. The win against Chelsea sparked our 12 games of being unbeaten thanks to goals coming from Salomon Rondon and youngster Angelo Henriquez. The only major injury we sustain was Tom Cleverly who was ruled out 3 months with a torn hamstring. That same injury ruled out Rooney and Valencia at the end of the first half.

2015-2016 Season Review - Manchester United - Barclays Premier League

UEFA Champions League:

b51mi8.jpg

We were not able to retain our UEFA Champions League crown due to being knocked out by Barcelona in the semi-final. The biggest worry for me during our campaign was the quarter-final draw against Juventus. I was particularly worried about the firepower of Falcao and their goal guardian Marc-Andre ter Stegen. But surprisingly we blew past them with relative ease, scoring (4-2) at home thanks to braces from Gareth Bale and Angelo Henriquez, and a dominant (0-3) away with goals from Gareth Bale, Phil Jones, and Salomon Rondon.

We were unlucky in the semi-final match against Barcelona. We were held to a (1-1) draw at home thanks to a late goal from Alexis Sanchez and again held to a (1-1) draw away. It didn't help our cause when Gareth Bale suffered from a strained wrist from the derby against Manchester City four days before our second leg with Barcelona. I was forced to give him injection and despite the admirable performances of the team we lost the penalty shootout. Wayne Rooney came back from his 3 months torn calf injury a shadow of himself as he missed two penalties. The first came from Gerard Pique who brought down Angelo Henriquez in the box and when he stepped up to take the first penalty during the shootout.

The UEFA Champions League final saw Pep Guardiola's Arsenal going up against Tito Vilanova's Barcelona. Barcelona won thanks to a goal from Gerard Deulofeu (it was probably this performance that earned him a £25.000.000 transfer to Chelsea).

--------

League - Second Half:

hrdgua.jpg

Second season was much much better than our first season. We managed to allow the least amount of goals thanks to the strong partnership between Ryan Shawcross and Chris Smalling--along with some outrageous saves from David De Gea. But unfortunately, towards the end of the season our performances fell mainly because of the congestion of matches along with the Champions League so most of the key players began to feel jaded. The biggest performer of the second half of the season has to be Angelo Henriquez. He was hot and cold at the start before experiencing a goal drought. But the match against Derby was the changing point. He entered beast mode and began scoring for fun against every team he played against--both in the domestic league and continental.

Capital One Cup: Lost to Everton in the 4th Round

FA Cup: Lost to Wigan in the 4th Round

--------

Top Players:

Phil Jones: This season was the final evolution of Phil Jones from centerback to midfield monster. As you can see from his 7.56 average rating and 80%+ pass completion rate his was an enormous asset to the team. Brendan Rogers followed my lead and has now partner Jones alongside Wilshere for England. They are now ranked 1st in the world.

Ryan Shawcross: England's best centerback partnership was also our best centerback partnership. The reason why we kept the lower number of conceded goals was thanks to Shawcross' dominating form throughout the season.

Chris Smalling: Part of England's best centerback partnership alongside Ryan Shawcross that made our defensive line almost impossible to breakdown.

Angelo Henriquez: Outstanding performances by the youngster. Finished the season as the club's top scorer and beating out Saloman Rondon for the first choice striker.

2rnzq6h.jpg

After two successful season at Manchester United, Gamersnsd finally managed to break Manchester City's dominance over the Barclays Premier League and brought the title back to United. The Sunday League manager who started his managerial career with Los Angeles Galaxy has now seen his reputation rise rapidly over the course of four years and is now seen as a manager with World Class talent rivaling those of Jose Mourinho and Josep Guardiola.

Is Manchester United really ready to let Gamersnsd leave?

Gamersnsd Trophy Cabinet:

2012 Season: Los Angeles Galaxy - MLS Cup

2012 Season: Los Angeles Galaxy - Lamar Hunt US Open Cup

2013 Season: Los Angeles Galaxy - MLS Cup

2014 Season: Los Angeles Galaxy - CONCACAF Champion

2014-2015 Season: Manchester United - UEFA Champions League

2015-2016 Season: Manchester United - UEFA Super Cup

2015-2016 Season: Manchester United - Club World Cup

2015-2016 Season: Manchester United - Barclays Premier League

2644djq.jpg

This is an Atletico Madrid team that does not have Falcao to spearhead their attack and finished in 15th place for the 2015-2016 season. As a result, Unai Emery was fired. I am really considering this. It took me two seasons to dislodge Manchester City and take Manchester United to the top of the Barclays Premier League and establish themselves as the best team in the world again. If I do accept this, I wonder how long it'll take me to break the dominance Barcelona and Real Madrid hold over La Liga.

170px-Atletico_Madrid_logo.svg.png

New Manager Appointed At Atletico Madrid

With the firing of Unai Emery, Atletico Madrid have decided to approach the young American head coach as their new boss. With this appointment, Atletico Madrid hopes the club can take to a new direction and reach new heights, and are placing their bets in the hands of the world class coach.

Gamersnsd has been given a five year contract and has personally proposed to getting the team to play an attacking style of soccer.

--------

24g62xk.jpg

This is an Atletico Madrid team that does not have Falcao to spearhead their attack and finished in 15th place for the 2015-2016 season. As a result, Unai Emery was fired. I am really considering this. It took me two seasons to dislodge Manchester City and take Manchester United to the top of the Barclays Premier League and establish themselves as the best team in the world again. If I do accept this, I wonder how long it'll take me to break the dominance Barcelona and Real Madrid hold over La Liga.

2016-2017 Season Preview - Atletico Madrid - Liga BBVA

Major Transfers:

The team was on the verge of collapsing. They failed to adequately replace Falcao, who was sold to Juventus for €40.000.000. Much of the players on the team are either old or injury prone, so my first action as the new manager was to release any excess players and sell the older ones.

IN: €74.000.000

Mattheus: Signed from Flamengo for €8.000.000. The team lacked a younger playmaker, and while his stats are pretty decent, I felt he could still improve and would definitely be a creative source for the team.

Romelu Lukaku: Signed from Chelsea for €8.000.000 which was probably overpaid since his value dropped to half of that once he came. Needed a young striker and the poor lad was left to rot on the Chelsea bench for the 2015-2016 season and only played one cup match despite scoring 12 goals in 34 games for West Brom the season before.

Hugo Mallo: Signed from Arsenal for €6.750.000 as he was sent to the reserved by Guardiola. Again, needed a young player to fill the role of an aging player, who in this case was Juanfran.

Mamadou Sakho: Signed from Paris-Saint Germain for €25.000.000 which again probably overpriced as the Director of Football took over the negotiations. My marquee signing and needed a commanding presence in my defense.

Rafael: Signed from Santos for €20.500.000 and negotiated by the Director of Football. Brought in to replace Sergop Asenjo as the starting goalkeeper.

Cala: Signed from Almeria for €5.000.000 for rotation and coverage in case of injuries.

Alvaro Vadillo: Signed the youngster from Betis "B" for €1.200.000.

OUT: €34.000.000

Released players: Released 27 fringe and overage players.

Adrian: Sold to Borussia Dortmund for €9.000.000.

Filipe: Sold to Santos for €6.000.000.

Luc Castaignos: Sold to Paris-Saint Germain for €16.000.000.

Giovanni Moreno: Sold to Sampdoria for €2.800.000.

Pre-Season Friendlies:

23gxoxj.jpg

After previously utilizing a 4-2-3-1 formation for Los Angeles Galaxy and Manchester United, I decided to switch formations and focused on a 4-3-3 formation for Atletico Madrid. Based on pre-season results, it seems to be very solid with amazing performances from Romelu Lukaku.

w72p1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2016-2017 Full Season Review - Atletico Madrid - Liga BBVA

2016 Ballon d'Or:

Neymar: The Barcelona youngster grabbed the prized award ahead of his teammate Cesc Fabregas and Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo.

2016 World Player of the Year:

Eden Hazard: After losing the award last year to Gareth Bale, Chelsea's world class winger finally earned the award he fought so hard for.

--------

League - First Half:

1pv7ko.jpg

The only thing I can say is, we started the season very strong, carrying our dominate pre-season form and blew away most of the teams we played against. Romelu Lukaku blew my mind, the youngster was responsible for most of our goals, scoring at least 1-2 goals a game. But unfortunately, we began to collapse due to my tinkering and we dropped down to 8th place which was where we were predicted to finish.

I was still trying to find my perfect centerback partnership. I had thought signing Mamadou Sakho and Rafael would provide with a solid foundation, but they performed quite poorly at the start of the season. Sakho eventually settled into and Cala - whom I signed from Almeria was surprising very solid, he was perhaps more important to the defense than Sakho. Unfortunately, Rafael continued to struggle and I was forced to use Joel as my starting keeper for most of the first half. We managed to survive those draws because of Lukaku and my midfield consisting of Koke and Mario Suarez.

--------

Winter Transfers:

Javi Garcia: Bought in on loan from Tottenham Hotspur. An injury to Mario Suarez forced me into the transfer market. With Koke in dominating form and able to play defensive midfield, I needed a backup who can rotate with Koke to keep him fresh.

--------

League - Second Half:

1zpl30k.jpg

With the second half of the season starting, my players were finally beginning to understand each other. We finally managed a streak of unbeaten games, but during these games, the goals were coming from my midfielders, as Lukaku seem have to hit a goal drought. But we kept going and slowly moved our way up the league table and I thought maybe, just maybe we could claim the title in my first season. Of course, that did not happen as we lost our last few games and were out beaten by both Barcelona and Real Madrid. But we did finish 3rd behind Real Madrid and champions Barcelona and qualified for the UEFA Champions League.

17cyvn.jpg

Archived