Adding specific nation back in to World Cup/World Cup Qualifiers?

I want to manage a tiny/insane nation and manage them in the World Cup, just for fun. Unfortunately, all the countries I'm looking at (San Marino, North Korea) are already out of the qualifiers by the time of the game's earliest start date in Summer 2012. Is there any way to 'swap' a nation back into the World Cup/Qualifying process? e.g. take another nation's place (Uzbekistan, Iraq) - using the Editor or any other means?

I've tried: In the editor the competitions: "World Cup" or "[region] qualifiers" don't have any future registered 'teams' so I couldn't swap in and out that way.

Thanks!

Woops sorry - I guess that was a terrible example - looks like the European ones are still ongoing.

I mean something like - China, UAE, or Thailand; who were all 'knocked out' in the third rounds of the Asian Qualifiers in Winter of 11/12.

I'd appreciate the help as I'm really stuck!

Edit: I've also tried some form of looking at the "fixtures" for each country to see if there are things I can delete/edit/swap fixtures and try it that way but no luck.

Anybody know if this is possible? ('re'qualifying a team for the World Cup?) I'm looking at China swapping in for Uzbekistan ;P

Archived