Value of players

What is with the price clubs want for players now? I wanted to sign a left back whos value was 50K, his team wanted 6million for him. I also wanted to sign a AMLR whos value was 10million, his club wanted 64million for him. These players have not just been transferred, they both are about 21/22 so young and have a bit of potential but I really think their cost is ridiculus. Why is it like this now?

You have to remember the value on the players is a figure based on his attributes (and maybe some other factors including form etc), whereas the valuation that clubs are quoting you are based on that PLUS their value of the player to the team. In my Newcastle save, Ben Arfa is valued at around £14m by the game, but he's priceless to me. Top scorer, most creative player and without a shadow of a doubt the first name on the team sheet every week. It would take a ridiculous bid of astronomical size for me to even consider selling him.

What I will say is that in my experience the figure they quote can sometimes be negotiated downwards, although not always by a great deal, admittedly.

I agree with above, players that most people want to buy are key players for other teams. If you buy players that the team doesnt want, they are cheap (eg: the AI in my save sold Ashley Young was sold for 7mm, Danny Welback for 3mm, Gary Cahill for 4mm etc).

I have a pretty talented wing back I proached from Barcelona for 1mm and at 22 he is probably one of the better wing backs in the game and Liverpool offered me 32 million for him even though he is only worth 14. The only wing back in the game that is the same caliber I know of is Alaba which would cost me 40 million plus easily, so unless Liverpool offers me 60 million or more I will be happy to keep him.

Archived