Match Stats: What determines Average Rating at kick-off?

At the very beginning of a match the Match Stats screen shows Average Rating for players from both teams. These figures are always different (my team always seems to be slightly lower than opponents) and i'm puzzled by how this is being calculated. Any ideas?

My guess would be it's the average rating of your starting XI (so the overall average of all your starting players over the last games), but honestly i have no idea either.

No, it's not that. My team has significantly better overall average ratings than Match Stats screen shows at kickoff. I can imagine a number of factors that might be affecting these figures - home/away advantage, team morale, overall match fitness, current form, tactic familiarity etc., but really haven't a clue what's really going. Since i noticed this, my team ALWAYS has lower rating, even at home to obviously weaker teams, so feel i'm starting every match with some built-in handicap.

My guess is those are the ratings for the first generated segment of the game. And which you will or will not get to see, depending on whether anything highlight worthy was generated or not.

What you see during a highlight is something that has already happened, so it only makes sense that some data is generated basically before the kick off. And stats only change when you get to see them (or at the moment they "happen in real time" after being generated, so to speak), hence zeroes elsewhere.

My guess is those are the ratings for the first generated segment of the game. And which you will or will not get to see, depending on whether anything highlight worthy was generated or not.

What you see during a highlight is something that has already happened, so it only makes sense that some data is generated basically before the kick off. And stats only change when you get to see them (or at the moment they "happen in real time" after being generated, so to speak), hence zeroes elsewhere.

but he just said its always in the ai favour, so surely he had one game where he would have attacked first so therefore have a better starting rating no? seems like the comp is cheating to me lol.

I'm new to the game and testing tactics so often watching full matches. These average rating figures are set at kick-off (00:00), so before anything has actually happened in the match.

Archived