Youth training question

Hi

I was dreading getting a newer fm because i'm still loving my Farsley FC 2009 game. I'm into season 2017/18 and have climbed to league 1. now I have the resources, I have invested in my training setup and coaching staff but i cannot find an answer to my simple but elusive question.........

Are the virtual/greyed out youth players trained using my youth coaches or do i need to offer them contracts?

Only time i holiday, is for maybe 2 weeks of the closed season after i've sorted everything and the players are on holiday but if you're referring to the two games where clubs have released players and i get a chance to sign them or when my ass/man promotes youth to the senior team, then i've always caught those. Other than those two, i haven't seen any mention of "youth intake days" (fm2009). Apart from those two points, "the grey outed players are no real players", i think answers my question. Got 4 scouts constantly scouring EU countries, so i guess i need to start buying. Thank you for taking the time to respond haunted :o)

Archived