Not good enough

In my opinion this is the worst version (in terms of problems) of FM that SI have ever released, i'm almost 40 and have owned every version of this game ever released from the original championship manager on the amiga.

I've now reached a point where a crash dump has stopped me from being able to play the game which will make this the third or fourth time in total that i've had to give up on this version for one reason or another. The people on the bugs forum seem quite helpful but I don't think you should need to try and resolve problems on something you've spent your hard earned cash on. I know the majority of people on these forums probably aren't experiencing the kind of problems that I am and i'm sure there will be a helpful moderator along shortly to close this thread as from experience critical comments aren't appreciated on this part of the forums, where the majority of users are, and are better dealt with in an area where most people won't be able/bothered to find and read them.

Again it might just be me but i'm not sure i can remember a game that has as many problems as this. Can you imagine the outcry if the latest release of Call of Duty was crashing regularly or if there was a release day error that made it almost unplayable? In the 30+ years i've been buying computer games this is the only one i've ever had serious problems with and on more than one release.

I wonder how long it'll be before someone takes SI to court over the quality of their products (I'm considering it). In my case i've expended 12 days of my time playing this game and as anyone who's ever been to court (or been unfortunate enough to have had to pay a solicitors bill) will tell you there is little more precious in the eyes of a court than time.

I'll look forward to all the helpful/abuse laden comments from the forum regulars who seem unable to comprehend that people are having serious problems with this game. If i could bring myself to lie i'd join the many people who's comments i've read who have said this will be the last version of FM they'll be buying. However unlike any other addiction i've had in my life this one shows no signs of releasing its grip on me and i'm sure i'll be getting FM14 and battling my way through whatever new bugs they've managed to create, unless of course the enforced 10 months of cold turkey i'm going to endure cures me.

Feedback thread. Though...

I wonder how long it'll be before someone takes SI to court over the quality of their products (I'm considering it). In my case i've expended 12 days of my time playing this game and as anyone who's ever been to court (or been unfortunate enough to have had to pay a solicitors bill) will tell you there is little more precious in the eyes of a court than time.

Are you for real?

Archived