How do you go about selecting an instant result strategy?

Tbh when I'm playing as a good team (as in likely to win most matches) then I always 'play for a win' and if I'm at home against an inferior team, or away against a very inferior team then I 'play for a big win'. For lower league teams I would basically do the same thing except against far superior teams where I'd play for a draw.

Not a huge amount of reasoning for this but I played around with different options in the first season or two and these worked for me.

Away from home look at my opposition and often change from 442 to 4141 and say settle for draw. At home 442 play for win control mentality. If the opposition are on a bad run and under pressure then I strangle the game with hgh pressure aNd ball retention. My personal favourite though is a cheeky smash and grab. Works a tret!

I've tended not to use a specific match plan, and always tends to go well (or as expected...i.e a loss against better teams).

Helps very much to have a great assistant manager I feel, as in games I've started in lower divisions, just using the default plan doesn't go so well!

I've recently started playing with plans, my Blackburn game was getting slow, so I started messing around. If I'm playing a club better than my guys, I'll set for a draw, if its someone down in the dumps, I go for the big win. I'll sprinkle in a 'go for win' at home here and there as well. In another save I don't use plans at all and games go pretty well. Good luck

They are optional. Once you've unlocked them either by paying or through in-game achievements you then have to go to the store, and then your wallet, to activate them. They have no impact if you do not activate them. For every new game you start you have to re-apply the unlockables (should you want them in your new game).

Archived