Choosing a feeder club....

I'm looking for a bit of help from my fellow FM'ers.

I've asked my board for a new feeder club with a successful youth academy to help secure first option for talented youngsters. They've agreed but because I've been successful they have allowed me to choose a club. I'm currently managing Lille. I won the Champions League and Ligue 1 last season so have built the reputation of the club to 4 stars.

Which clubs would be the best to choose in your opinion? I don't know which clubs would accept me as a parent club. Anyone with a smaller reputation? 3 stars and under? etc.

I've no idea as the list has every club in the world (of course the huge clubs wouldn't allow it) so i've no idea which would be best. Any help would be appreciated.

I just tend allow them to do it, but if you are going to do that, I would personally look at clubs in Croatia, Ukraine etc because they usually bring through a massive amount of good regens.

In my experience, don't take up their offer to choose your own feeder club. It's fraught with difficulty, and, I find, rarely brings about a link.

Club affiliations is something I hope SI spend some time on for FM14.

I've been trying to get this to work for ages now. No luck, playing as Liverpool I just tried to get my board to link up with Tivioli Gardens in Jamaica only to be denied. Never been able to get this feature to work.

In my experience, don't take up their offer to choose your own feeder club. It's fraught with difficulty, and, I find, rarely brings about a link.

Club affiliations is something I hope SI spend some time on for FM14.

I have found it okay. I have managed to link up with Sheffield Wednesday and Boca Juniors with Liverpool

I've been trying to get this to work for ages now. No luck, playing as Liverpool I just tried to get my board to link up with Tivioli Gardens in Jamaica only to be denied. Never been able to get this feature to work.

Have tried it dozens of times in the last 2 editions and never had it work once. Lower leagues, higher leagues, foreign and domestic.

I've had similar experiences. Perhaps the most frustrating thing about the whole affair, is being forced into a three month cooldown after an board affiliation request, even when a link couldn't be found. I think a more robust system is needed, where, after a failed search, you should immediately be able to adjust your search parameters until you find a suitable club rather than being forced into that interminable wait for the option to appear again in the boardroom screen.

I just recently was given option to pick own feeder club after couple of seasons with Newcany, wanted a Championship club to loan players to ideally and decided upon Derby, never expected deal to go through but it did, so my only experience with such has been positive.

Archived