Unrealistically small transfer budgets?

I'm playing with Chelsea, and after my first season I had a transfer budget of only 27M. I just assumed this was because I missed the Champions League (finished 5th) but now in my 2nd season, I finished 3rd and only got a transfer budget of 23.5M. When is the last time Chelsea spent that little on players? It seems completely out of line. Man Utd is outspending me by a wide margin even though traditionally they spend less than Chelsea.

Into my fifth season and Chelsea have the following transfer history. This is without winning the league, coming third and second most seasons.

Spent 27m received 0m

Spent 61m received 14.25m

Spent 0m received 14.5m

Spent 34m received 24.5m

Spent 39.5m received 0m

So that's a five year spending of around 160m and receiving around 55m so a net transfer spend of minus 105m which seems to suggest they're being a little more stingy with you. This could be a reputation thing (does the game take into consideration manager reputation when offering transfer budgets?), or an unbalanced transfer pot for human managers rather than AI.

To give some comparison, United have the following.

Spent 16.5m received 0m

Spent 0m received 23m

Spent 48m received 0m

Spent 35m received 2.3m

Spent 52m received 1.4m

Clearly, they've spent a lot more than Chelsea have, despite all the debt.

Into my fifth season and Chelsea have the following transfer history. This is without winning the league, coming third and second most seasons.

Spent 27m received 0m

Spent 61m received 14.25m

Spent 0m received 14.5m

Spent 34m received 24.5m

Spent 39.5m received 0m

So that's a five year spending of around 160m and receiving around 55m so a net transfer spend of minus 105m which seems to suggest they're being a little more stingy with you. This could be a reputation thing (does the game take into consideration manager reputation when offering transfer budgets?), or an unbalanced transfer pot for human managers rather than AI.

To give some comparison, United have the following.

Spent 16.5m received 0m

Spent 0m received 23m

Spent 48m received 0m

Spent 35m received 2.3m

Spent 52m received 1.4m

Clearly, they've spent a lot more than Chelsea have, despite all the debt.

Man utd spent £151 Million in they seasons, so you have spent more! The main difference is they have a deficit of about £125 million so roughly £20 million higher.

The answer is that you said "after your first season", on your first season how many players have you bought with monthly fees? That money comes out from future budgets you should know that. I reckon that's that.

None. I never buy players on installments.

Archived