FM 13 England v Rest of the World Community Game!

ri916

FM12 Thread- Credit goes to PaulHartman71.

As FM13 has got to the stage where there are no longer really any game breaking bugs but there is still plenty of time till the new release I've taken it upon myself to start this up.

For anyone that didn't see or take part in this for FM12 (or a few years ago when it was done) the idea of this is for two teams made up by the community here to take turns playing seasons with a save game with the aim to beat the other side to the eventual goal. As with last years version both sides will start at the lowest level of English football, with 'England' starting in the Blue Square North and 'The Rest of The World' starting in the Blue Square South. The slight difference in this version is that it will qualify for Dafuges challenge in that the first person from each team will Holiday a season (and can reload the day before the reset date if they choose) and pick a team that has been promoted to their league (They can ask other team members for their opinion). Here are the indepth Rules (stolen from PH, who stole them from bermybhoy) so some may not make sense in the context of this game but I'm sure you can work out which they are so please read them. :)

It works like this

• Two distinct games will be started, one starting out in the Blue Square North (Monkeys), one in the Blue Square South (Softies).
  • Fictional players will be used so no advantage can be gained.
  • Various forum members who have signed up will take control of the teams, one at a time.
  • Each participant has a week to 10 days at most to complete one season only (note this may be less during holidays, when there’s high demand). If they haven't, they will upload it for the next guy to continue from that point.
  • When the season is effectively over (the end of May works well), the person in the hot seat must save and upload it for the next player.
  • If Wallace or Roberts are sacked whoever is responsible has to own up to their inadequacy, and the next person takes over at that point, until the end of the NEXT season.
  • Players must read and stick to the rules set out below.

Rules for playing the game

When it’s your turn:

• Each player will control the club for a maximum of one season at a time.
  • Your season should be completed within 7 - 10 days, but everyone is encouraged to be as quick as they can. This thread thrives on momentum.
  • You must use compressed saving. This reduces the size of the file, hence upload/download times and ensures no-one can use nasty external scouting utilities.
  • Please use auto save. It’s disappointing when people lose their game and have to replay or give up.
  • You must be using the latest available patch.
  • Everyone has other commitments. If you feel you can’t complete the season, please let us know so we can work out how best to progress.

When you’re finished:

• The game must be saved after the final game of the season, and no later than May 31.
  • The save game file must then be uploaded for the next player (using filefront, megaupload or similar)

Signing players:

• Each manager has a free reign over signings. However, be sensitive in regards to players that other participants have said they like, or who've been at the club a while...be courteous and engage in some conversation before making anything that looks like a big decision.
  • To sign a player, you must be able to scout them, this doesn't mean you have to do so; just he must be accessible to your scouts. If you have a foreign player on a free transfer who is willing to come on trial, you do not need to be able to scout them.

What’s considered cheating:

• No external utilities such as FMScout can be used. This is for fun and is meant to be tough, remember that you’re messing it up for others if you use these.
  • Please do not exploit flaws in the game by offering out players for free if the chairman accepts a bid that you're not happy with...chairman interference is part of the game and needs to be accepted. You may of course, try to offer them to clubs for more cash if you think that's appropriate.
  • Downloaded tactics may not be used. Each player should create their own tactics for their team. It's not meant to be easy and does of course give you greater bragging rights when you do well.
  • Parent clubs: please do not use parent clubs. It’s been found they can provide some sides with a large advantage. You may have as many feeder clubs as you like.

General stuff:

• If you have signed a young player or brought them through the youth academy, you may use the nickname function to give them a sensible name of your choosing. You can then ask for progress reports on such players in future seasons.
  • Subsequent managers can sell these players as they see fit, but again as a courtesy please discuss first.
  • Players may ask advice on new signings, tactics etc from their adoring (or spiteful, depending how they get on) public.

Rules of the thread

This is an interactive thread with a large number of forum members who take a keen interest in the ups and downs of both teams. Therefore if you're taking part:

• Report on you progress as often, and in as much detail, as you can.
  • Screenshots of absolutely anything are encouraged. Anything you think is relevant...take a look at some of the contributions from experienced Wallace or Roberts managers for ideas...top players, best signings, league tables, results etc are all good.
  • At the start of the season, try to provide at least the following: the board's expectations; your OWN expectations; your predictions for top scorer; club players of the year and a young player to watch.
  • At the end of the season, provide a summary of the season, with screenshots. Also provide some feedback to the next person, with a discussion of which players to keep, sell, and potential signings.

If you want to take part

Just post your interest in the thread. Please mention '3IAR' so I know you've read this far at least

How to Post a Screenshot

• While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).
  • Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image
  • Save the file as a JPEG
  • Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack
  • Post the direct Url to the image here.

Running order

England

1. ri916

2. berty1978

3. Deltablue

4. ism-scfc

5. Snootyjim

Rest of the World

1. b101

2. Jordaan

3. ManUTactician247

4. jcoll

Roll of Honour (to be updated with the two teams seasonal progress)

Once we have a few signed up for each team we can start this, if you aren't in a position to play your season in the first few rounds then please state when you sign up. Lets have some fun! :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would absolutely be interested in signing up, played in a similar game when it was in the Challenge forum a few versions back and wondered last season whether it was still going but not checking in here. Not sure if I'd want to go first, pressure and all that, I'm only just getting used to the game (see my Journeyman save thread, it's a disaster). :D Put me down though, 3IAR. :thup:

I'll put England, but really not bothered so I'll go in whichever category needs more players.

I shall load the English Game up then :).

ManUTactician can load up the ROTW game.

- The only leagues loaded should be England down to BSR.

- The 'use real players' box should be unticked, we don't want people gaining an advantage because they have prior knowledge of the game Database.

- Enable attribute masking, Add key staff, and add players to playable teams should be ticked, as well as allow first window transfer budgets.

- The database size should be Large, with players from top clubs in Europe Loaded and players from Regional Premier Divisions in England loaded. The confirm that you have set the right database check the player count, it should read 18000.

Then just holiday until the 24th/25th of June, depending on if you want to be able to reload to get further choices. ROTW should pick a team promoted to the BSS and England should pick a team promoted to the BSN (There may be 4 promoted to BSN and only 2 to BSS, or vice-versa). Obviously you retire the manager you used to holiday and take over with your new manager, Smylie if you're ROTW and Roberts if you're England (unless anyone can come up with better ones??)

After holidaying the options are; Lowestoft, Redditch, Kettering or Hednesford. From a competitive point of view I'd probably pick Kettering, but it's up to the rest of my team really, I'd like to hear your opinions on it :)

I'd already picked Lowestoft before the options came up, I'm biased though as I go to watch them sometimes, game's unrealistic for getting them promoted though, will never happen. :D

Kettering have a higher media prediction than they do though. It's a tough descision.

There's more pressure if predicted higher though, question is do we want more of a challenge or go with a more established club. Have you saved it before the update point, why not try to see if you can get a more northern club, like FC United or Blyth Spartans?

There's more pressure if predicted higher though, question is do we want more of a challenge or go with a more established club. Have you saved it before the update point, why not try to see if you can get a more northern club, like FC United or Blyth Spartans?

I decided to just go to 25th as I just felt that 'our' club would be there if you know what I mean :)

Ah sorry can I not be first, I have important exams in the next couple of weeks so it would be better if I waited, thanks.

I'll get the Rest of the World one going then in that case - I should be able to complete a season in a week or so :)

Ri - can I use the Real Name Fix? Seem to remember it being allowed in the dafuge rules.

I'll get the Rest of the World one going then in that case - I should be able to complete a season in a week or so :)

Ri - can I use the Real Name Fix? Seem to remember it being allowed in the dafuge rules.

What do you mean? We're playing with fake names are we not? I'd probably say no as I haven't, both saves should be the same to make it fair.

It's only for competitions, not for actual players (just renames Premier League to Barclays Premiership etc) - the only effect is cosmetic. I've started holidaying with it now, but will change if you'd prefer

It's only for competitions, not for actual players (just renames Premier League to Barclays Premiership etc) - the only effect is cosmetic. I've started holidaying with it now, but will change if you'd prefer

I don't mind that, it only affects it for when you're playing with it anyway doesn't it?

right ROTW, we have a choice of the following (the ones that turned up):

Weymouth - reputation 1600, stadium 6600

St Albans - reputation 1750, stadium 6000

Whitehawk - reputation 1600, stadium 3000

Margate - reputation 1500, stadium 2100

Kingstonian - reputation 1500, stadium 5020

Personally I like the look of Weymouth or St Albans, but interested to see others' viewpoints

right ROTW, we have a choice of the following (the ones that turned up):

Weymouth - reputation 1600, stadium 6600

St Albans - reputation 1750, stadium 6000

Whitehawk - reputation 1600, stadium 3000

Margate - reputation 1500, stadium 2100

Kingstonian - reputation 1500, stadium 5020

Personally I like the look of Weymouth or St Albans, but interested to see others' viewpoints

Yeah I agree, I bet Crouchy is the only reason St Albans have a higher rep than the other teams :p. I think I'd go with Weymouth though.

Spot the format...

weymouth.png

Andrew Smylie's Weymouth FC - Initial Impressions

Club Information

Media Prediction: 20th

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation, Third Qualifying Round of FA Cup, First Round of FA Trophy

Finances: £40,000

Estimated Value: £400k

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £3,880 (£2,622)

Captain: Brad Dearden

Overview|General Information|Facilities|Squad|Manager

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Andy Hadley

Defenders

John Waters

Dave Eastham

Rob Bailey

Midfielders

Craig Peacock

Bert Robinson

Kai Brady

Jonathon Peacock

Strikers

Eren Puckett

Bruce Williams

Youth/Reserve Team

GK:

Bill Everitt

DEF:

Ed Cornish

Brad Dearden

Frédéric Moreau

Steve Anderson

MID:

Amedeo Costanzo

Vince Bartley

Darren Garner

Colin Kelly

And 4 awful u18s:

Robbie Ireland

Rob Evans

Luca Graham

Paul Murphy

Staff

Gaz Evans

Manager Thoughts

Not the best squad - there's some pace there but little else. A few players to work with, but there'll be a lot of raiding of the free transfer market. I also hate having to find a new Assistant Manager. Still, onwards and upwards!

Danny Roberts’ Lowestoft Town

Preseason 2013

Squad 1|2 - This is how the squad looks after I’ve made my transfers. There are now 2 players for each position on the pitch to give me suitable backups if players get injured.

Transfers – As you can see I made 10 signings in total, 5 permanent deals and 5 loans, 4 of which are season long.

Key Transfers in

Alan Lyle - I’m excited about this guy. The 17 year old Scottish striker has Leading League 2 potential and already as good finishing ability to complement his lightning pace. I’m hoping that I can give him at least 20 games this season with a few more off the bench.

Jacub Stawinski - On ability alone Jacub is probably the best player in the club. I managed to sign the Polish target man on a free from Farnborough and I’m looking forward to him banging the goals in for us.

Danny Weaver (Loan) - We needed a keeper and this guy fitted the bill. We have him for a season from Peterborough.

Anthony Chalk (Loan) - Chalk is a Natural left winger but I intend to play him on the right, taking advantage of his ridiculous pace and acceleration.

Joe Johnson (Loan) – Joe will probably be our starting poacher after I signed him up for a season. He has pace equal to Lyle but is slightly more composed and better off the ball. I can’t give him every game though if Lyle is to develop.

Tactic

I decided to go for a 4-4-2 Attack, which you could call a 4-2-4. Upfront there is a poacher and a Target Man. On the right I have an inside forward and a winger on the left. In the middle is a Ball winning Midfielder to break up play and a central midfielder as a bit of an all-rounder. The defence explains itself really. I may also create an orthodox 4-4-2 as a backup tactic but this will me the main one I use.

Friendly results

LowestoftTown_FixturesSchedule_zpscb365dda-1_zps7b571d6f.jpg

A solid preseason that ended with two confidence boosting wins.

Overview

I’m pleased with the signings I’ve made and the squad overall now. My only worry is central midfield but hopefully this will be sorted ASAP. If there’s any other screenshots you would like to see please ask :).

Good luck all, some good loan signings there ri916, if I'm going next I won't need wingers. :D I've never had much luck with that tactic, too attacking but then I'm no tactical genius so I just don't know what to do with it.

Well if the tactic I use works well then maybe you could just keep it and buy players to fit it?

Archived