Renewing youth players contracts

This is one issue that could do with sorting in the next patch ...

When you offer youth players, or up and coming players contracts from other clubs, I get fed up of ridiculous "wage after 10 appearances"

I have had a few regen youth players from other teams ask for like £8,000 a week and then ask for £42,000 after 10 appearances .... I've never even heard of these clauses in real life before ...

Even if they do exist, some of the wages quoted are so unrealistic ... you cannot even negotiate so that it can be changed to after 20, or 30 matches .... they always demand 10

silly money for 15 and 16 year olds.... no thanks !

Maybe it means they aren't interested unless you offer stupid money?? If you're stupid enough to go along then that's your choice. There's enough good stuff out there that don't demand these wages, it's your call whether you think they're worth it, not the game's?? Clue is in the title 'Manager'. You manage. :)

Even youths coming through my youth intakes want 5k a week and be on 20k - 30k after 10 appearances. No matter, I sign them anyways and loan them out. If they get good enough to warrant appearances in the first team I re-negotiate their contract for a higher wage, if not then I just keep loaning them out and sell them.

Archived