Signing past "superstars" to coaching roles - anything gained?

As the manager of Grimsby Town, after 3 years and 2 promotions, i've got Owen Hargreaves as assistant manager, and have also got Javier Zaetti, Jason McAteer and Pablo Aimar as coaches, i just wondered if there former glories and experiance will add anything to my team besides obviously their coaching atributes (which are good for the level i'm playing at)

Cheers in advance.

Jack

No idea, I tend to do the same thing, currently managing Grimsby Boro and tried to sign some of my Lincs & Humber nation heros, they all say no!

I really only do it because I like the names, when I am Grimsby I can sign pretty much anyone I want from the nation so usually fill my ranks with them.

I'd like to think they bring more to the table than just their (usually) average coaching attributes. I have kept the likes of Raul, Frank Lampard and Guti as coaches in previous saves for that reason. Also employed John Terry as coach once as well just to keep the WAGS entertained.

I don't know if it's true or not, but you should at least be able to heplp keep your supporters happy by signings big names and fan favorites to coaching roles.

Why though?

They may be good players but poor coaches, so at the end of the day who cares if they are well known.

The only way for fans to be happy is getting a player on coach/player role. I got Jermaine Jones on a player/U19 Manager role, when he was rated far better than anyone in my midfield. He continued to play well so fans loved him.

The fans in FM don't really care who you sign in the back room, for example sign a club legend as a coach. Nothing will happen.

This is an area that could be expanded tbh. "Fans are delighted that you brought XXXXXXX back to the club as a XXXXX".

But in FM and real life I doubt many fans care if the club signs a former superstar.

Their knowledge will be carried over though.

Archived