League News shows no headlines, only transfer rumours

I'm playing a team in England Blue Square Bet Premier league.

When I click on the league on the top title bar or use the drop-down menu to look at News/Headlines, it doesn't show any news. In contrast, if I click on News/Transfer Rumours, it shows a list of transfer rumours.

As for News/Headlines, it is blank and says "No News", even though it's a few games into the season.

Strangely, I have clicked on headlines before and they did show up, but when I clicked away (such a clicking a player in a story), when I go back all the headlines are gone and it shows blank "No News" again.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get news headlines to show up?

Can somebody just tell me if what I'm seeing is normal or if there something clearly wrong here?

I started a new career just to make sure everything was set up right. I initially saw two headlines, the standard one reporting the former manager leaving and the second reporting me being hired. I clicked the name of the former manager in the news item and all the news disappeared. Since then, under headlines it always says "no news".

Thanks in advance.

Note: This is FM 2013 version 13.2.1 on Windows in full career mode in England Blue Square Bet South.

There is a workround which isn't ideal: it's a nuisance but it will give some access to news headlines.

When you want to check news save the game, quit to start screen and load last game. If you go straight to news you can read the headlines the first time you try, though they disappear when you do something else. Not ideal but you can get limited access that way.

am I really so stupid that I think news is important in a sports sim? I see they released a patch 13.2.2. I updated the game and checked the news, and I saw it there. Great, I thought, they fixed the so-called "bug". A few minutes later I went back to the news and it was all gone again. wtf?

I mean, they put the news as a menu item at the top of the game. That must mean they think it's important. How can they just ignore it if it's not working at all? Seriously, how did this "bug" not get noticed by the developers or the beta testers? Do they not play the game to make sure the most basic features are working. Hasn't this game been out for several months and been updated several times? Are they saying they don't know about it or they just don't care or what? This is really ******* me off.

If they don't want news in the game, why do they put it as a menu item at the top of the screen? Why don't they delete it?

I must be a dolt, because this seems like something that's pretty important to the game and apparently nobody else cares about it.

Is there an official comment from SI on this somewhere? How do they explain it?

Archived