Training camp destinations

So we're supposed to arrange our own friendlies on these training camps?

And I have to ask again - Does it affect your fan base or bring in more revenue? I would have thought that that was the whole point of training camps in other countries as it's extremely inconvenient for players trying to get fit before the season starts.

On my Swansea game the board arranged for us to go to Austria for our training camp. I ended up taking the majority of the first team thinking we'd be playing Sturm Graz and the like, but instead we played three matches against awful opposition before coming back.

I can't imagine a trip playing some lower ranked Austrian sides did us much good with regards to merchandising either, bit of a waste of time really.

I got a choice of where to go, it was either China or the US, which surely should influence merchandising/fan base.

I can't imagine it's of any use at all, especially being given a choice, if it doesn't increase fan base or revenue, which would make me wonder what the point of putting it in the game was.

And I have to ask again - Does it affect your fan base or bring in more revenue? I would have thought that that was the whole point of training camps in other countries as it's extremely inconvenient for players trying to get fit before the season starts.

Your players gain match fitness and tactic familiarity quicker than they normally would during these training camps.

Almost all teams in the Mediterranean do that because it's too freaking warm in the summer. They elect to go to countries like Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Switzerland etc where the weather is cool in July.

hi guys, sorry if it seems basic but where and how exactly do you choose going on training camp? i am in the mid of my second season in polish Ekstraklasa, but have never seen an option as to go on a training camp. cheers guys.

They need to implement a list of proposed friendlies that you will play during the training camp.

Too often, as many people have mentioned, you cannot play friendlies while at the training camp.

It also needs the date of the training camp to show what players will be at the club during it, as a way to avoid taking youths due to a lack of players at the club. This should also be done when they ask when you want pre season to start

Archived