Tutoring: Improve his game VS. Mentoring off the field

The top option can teach PPM's and hidden attributes which make up personality(ppm's transferring aren't always successful though)

The bottom option off the field focuses just on the hidden attributes which make up his personality. So you'd use this option if a player had a PPM that you didn't want the player to pick up.

The top option can teach PPM's and hidden attributes which make up personality(ppm's transferring aren't always successful though)

The bottom option off the field focuses just on the hidden attributes which make up his personality. So you'd use this option if a player had a PPM that you didn't want the player to pick up.

Both influence determination too right?

• 2 months later...
i have always assumed the bottom option increases hidden attributes more because it doesnt include the ppms. am i right or just thinking logically for no reason?

Not really its the same, its so you don't pass bad PPM's on.

Important thing to bear in mind for tutoring is that your tutor may have a high Determination, but be careful because it can make a player's personality worse, rather than better (hence the reason Ronaldinho left Barcelona, he was influencing Messi negatively!), so therefore you could make your young starlet MORE outspoken, and less professional.

disagree - but frankly it makes little difference to the point if you disagree with the example

I get the point, it is correct. The example of Ronaldinho/Messi is incorrect, however.

Yes it is

No, it isn't....I have inside info on the matter.

No, it isn't....I have inside info on the matter.

This isn't CSI - either reveal your reliable info, or we will carry on with the information that has been fairly well reported from well placed sources at the club.

This isn't CSI - either reveal your reliable info, or we will carry on with the information that has been fairly well reported from well placed sources at the club.

LOL, ok then...carry on as you were, but you are wrong....Ronaldinho didn't leave, he was sold/kicked out and it wasn't because he was negatively influencing Messi. I really don't want to steer the discussion too much into this area, but it looks like I will have to. Ronaldinho's influence over Messi was limited to on the field, it wasn't off the field. Messi had his father there with him to keep him in-check and the rest of the family was there too from time to time. Ronaldinho's negative influence however was starting to affect a different young player, Giovanni Dos Santos. He was also poisoning the dressing room. Barca deemed Messi ready to take over and Ronnie wasn't needed anymore as he wasn't as good as before.

My source? A former Barca player from the recent past who played with Guardiola and Begiristain. That's all I'm going to say.....

Everywhere else reports off-field influences. Enough smoke to suggest some fire. Don't doubt that Ronaldinho was a negative influence in other ways.

My info is from the inside and usually this is different than mainstream info. Perhaps Ronnie was bad influence off the field for other players (I mentioned Dos Santos, who was also sold, despite showing promise), but not for Messi. Is not like he was dragging Leo to clubs and parties or messing up with his head in any way. Maybe the club was fearing that Ronnie could potentially influence badly the other youngsters in the club in the future, as he was setting bad examples and showing poor discipline, which was also disruptive to the whole dressing room. But to my knowledge, Ronnie wasn't influencing badly Messi.

Anyway, we are getting needlessly off topic. I just want to say that the correct example to your point you made would be to say that Ronnie was bad influence (or staring to become bad influence) on Gio Dos Santos.

Archived