• Contain
    • Defensive
    • Counter
    • Standard
    • Control
    • Attacking
    • Overload
    • A balanced mix between them

Control, but if it's a big team, use 5 defenders, 2 DMs, wingers, no strikers, defensive, hold them off, dont use any subs, then throw on 2 strikers at the end and switch to 4-2 (dlp and bwm)-1 (attacking mid)-3(2 strikers and winger, 1 striker is support), ATTACK :D

Not to hijack this thread, but I noticed not too many people picked 'balanced mix'. That's basically how i learned to play FM on 11, and have been playing that way ever since. After some varying results and different things i'm reading on the forum, I'm thinking some of what I might know might be wrong or changed. This is what someone once told me:

" Quick tempo, wide width and lots of closing down are what you would expect from an attacking team and not a defensive one. If you want to play more defensive I would suggest having a much slower tempo, make the formation narrower and lower the closing down so that your men get behind the ball and don't lose their shape by trying to close down." Do defenseive formations need attacking strategies to get 'balanced out' ? Or is all this information correct? Thanks.

FM 12 - Home - Control, Away- Standard/Counter (Adjust on possession 60+ = control/attacking, 40% = counter. 0-1 last 10 = overload, 1-0 last 5 - defensive)

FM 13 - Home and Away - Standard. Possession doesn't amount to anything this time around. You just have to get a 'feel' for the match and adjust to fit it. Control isn't nearly as overpowered as it was in 12, neither is counter. Surprisingly defensive can absolutely demolish big teams if you run with it for 90 minutes.

Archived