Who should stay and who should go?

I have an issue where I have two good goalkeepers and am unsure as to which one I should keep and which one I should sell.

398047_10200182086056071_242195248_n.jpg

I apologize for the numbers being a bit grainy. Both players have three year contracts, Alpsten (the one with green bars) is "worth" $18k and is paid $500 per week. Johannsen is "worth" $10k and is paid $750 per week. Both are rated as four star current abilities. Alpsten has a four star potential and Johannsen has a 4.5 star potential. Johannsen is 23 and Alpsten is 24. I really like Alpsten's positioning, handling, and reflexes far better than Johannsen, but his team abilities as I will call them (primarily the upper attributes in the goalkeeping column) are quite unsettling.

Who would you all start and why? I have a great prospect (scouted 1.5 gold star current and 5 star potential) joining up in a month and a half so I need to get rid of one of these two to free up some payroll. Plus I quite simply don't need two star keepers on my team.

I would go with Johannsen. He is stronger mentally despite being younger, he is taller, works harder, and has more desire to do well. What are their personalities and reputations? Reputation of incoming youngster? Also once you sell Alpsten, renegotiate Johannsen's contract. If he has an agent, wait till he leaves the agent or see what you can get that's less than $750/week. Btw you should change the per week to per annum to help make sense of your finances better.

Train Johannsen on Handling non stop till he's got about 15. Then put him on Composure, then Agility.

Or possibly sell both if they have poor personalities. Now that they are 23+ it will be hard to change their personalities.

They both have semi-professional personalities. Johannson has an agent, Alpsten does not. My finances are actually good. I think I still have $1.5k payroll left, which will drop once the transfer deadline hits as I have a few players coming in, but I like being well below it to help out the club. So I really don't *need* to sell a player. I just don't see the use in keeping both of them there.

As for the youngster, his personality is balanced. His attributes look alright, but they do have a ways to go before they compare to the other two keepers I have. Of course, until I actually get the player, it's hard to say how good he really is. Hopefully it's not another expensive bust as Alpsten was. I only bought Alpsten based off bad scouting data... I guess that's what happens in the lower leagues when you cannot hire the best scouts available.

Thanks for the information. I think you are right. I've given them both starts and Johannson has seemed to perform better, but it's hard to judge when I only use key plays and when they both play different teams.

Why not just rotate a bit with both?

What if you sold one and the other broke his leg or had another serious injury and he's out for 6 months+?

Better to spend $26000 a year on (or at least contribute a chunk towards) someone who will play on the field and not sit on the bench/on the first team squad page.

Injuries for GKs are so rare that you can afford to just have one for the first team and if he gets broken use your youth/reserve GKs.

I'd purchase none. Plenty of better keepers around who are much younger (Regens) and will develop into world class keepers, these are poor.

You a Swedish team?

Yes. I am in the Swedish First Division Elite (halfway through first season). My team started as a second division team, however, so it's not always easy to sign better players... especially keepers.

Good luck! I started at the Swedish 4th tier for my LLM Career and took Karlslunds to the Prem and won it, it's a great league. Wait until some good Regens come, they will! (Look at Expired Contracts, Players aged 22 and below and make sure they have good: One-on-ones, reflexes, handling, aerial ability, that's what the main things I look for then the rest come after

Follow my LLM Story if you wish, you might be inspired: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/341173-A-Small-Club-and-a-Small-Manager-with-BIG-Ambitions.

Archived