Help with front 3.

Well I am having problems getting a front 3 to work. Below is the formation my team use.

2nrnc5i.png

And here is the players who have scored goals so far this season. We are 15 games in.

2ro3rzl.png

Ademilson plays in the poacher role in the central slot. André Ayem the CM slot and Adryan the CAM slot. Wellington nem normally in the support attacking slot and Vossen in the attacking striker slot. How can I make this formation work any better when producing goals?

Hmm, i think i see a couple things that might lead to your problem but could you please post some heat maps, and passes from your players along with your team instructions?

Also, could you explain what type of play are you trying to achieve? How in your mind would the front 3 play?

Which specific players would you like the heat maps from? Plus is there a general heat map or should I just post the last match heat maps.

the front 3 should all be in position to score, at the moment atleast one of them is on a goal drought at any given time.

If you could post 2 of them from your last matches it would be good, from your team not just a single player.

I understand the desire to see the 3 of your attackers to score but that's a bit hard, who would you wish to be your main scorer? The Poacher? Also, who would you want to supply the balls for him?

Okay then here is two matches worth.

heatmap match 1

2mgjzps.png

passing match 1

9knrf7.png

heatmap match 2

15g7ek2.png

passing match 2

73dtub.png

Notice in match 2 Adryan got injured early and I had drop Wellington Nem back into this space, I think this is why the passing looks different.

Could be opponent using a dmc.

Id make both side strikers support so the drop deeper. Also i'd change amc to ap-a, iirc amc-a run from deep more often than aps do. Maybe even set him to support.

Hmm, this is a tough one tbh, i reckon your formation might be too offensive, you see, the problem is due to the lack of wingers and a 2 men midfield you end up with a huge gap of space that should be used to supply the forwards. There's a couple of ways you could try handling this, but imo it would require having your WB's on attack or support duty which if on attack may then on a counter attack would leave you fully exposed due to the lack of a strong midfield.

I don't wanna tell you or give you any help that requires you to change your formation as i think everyone should play with whatever formation they want, so i'll limit my help to that formation within it's limits but i warn you i still think it might not be much strong defensively.

Also, i'd like to state i have barely to none experience with 3 men in front, so i'm sorry if my advice eventually turns out to be wrong. Still i'd make these changes based on the heat maps and passing.

Style : Rigid, you already have too men in front, you don't need to have your defensive guys to try attacking plays as well imo.

Strategy : Control, while you obviously have an attacking formation, the widght on the attacking strategy is already high and it should be a bit less on the control strategy which will then eventually go up on my next suggestion..

Passing style : Direct, Imo within that formation you should want to get the ball forward asap as it's where you wanna control due to the lack of a strong midfield, this will also get your widgth about the same you had on attacking.

Creative freedom : More disciplined IF you have players with high flair and high creative freedom, which seems you do.

Role changes i'd make would be

WB's to support, plus specific tight marking on opposite wingers

CM to attack as a attacking CM will help the flanks helping your WB's along the way and he will do forward runs to your Poacher's position, which will change in a sec.

AMC to AP support he will be sitting a bit back to try passes for your attackers without getting into the area.

Poacher to T, the Trequartista will come deeper to get the ball leaving a gap on the attack, this gap will be covered by your CM as he runs to space. You will probably end seeing plenty of plays between your AP and the T as they will be your creators.

For the other 2 strikers i'd think about perhaps a TM/S and AF combo.

Let's say your WB has the ball, your T will come deep along with your CM supporting the WB, he'll have about 4 choices, pass back, try a more direct pass to your striker, or play with the T or CM, if he chooses one of the last 2, whichever he chooses the other player will run from deep i reckon to the gap left by your T, he then has the choice to play for your TM which will try a 1-2 if not in good position to score with your AF or whoever player is feeling the gap.

Again, i have barely to none experience with 3 men in front or the formation in cause but i hope it helps.

Thank you for such a thourgh suggestion there! Shall take this into account and try some out. I can't really change the wing backs I already get countered too much and when we do my central defenders just seem to stand and do nothing for crosses but alas shall continue my march forward.

Yeh I may reduce them to defensive and see how it goes, i just like at the moment Corchica scores goals due to getting forward and being clinical, maybe i shall leave him on automatic and other one to defensive. I can report as far as playing last night went the club was going down hill, can only see it being due to missing Adryan who is out for 4 months with a broken foot but we shall battle through.

Well just finished the season after the one I post about before and we won the league. I had to drop a striker to CB to solidify the team but we scored lots and conceded few. So moral to the story....my front 3 was causing me to lose the games.

Archived