Injuries!

Been a big problem for me since the last big update. I'm always getting silly injuries in matches, usually in the first half despite my players being at 100%, however this match just takes the ****.

arsenalvliverpoolstatsp.png

I know injury crisis happen, but for me this is ridiculous. Those two early injuries? Muscular. Just stupid :D

So that match leaves me with a squad like this :

arsenalsquadplayers8.png

Everyone one of those red injuries you see is long term. Not one of them will be back this season. Two of those were thanks to International managers playing my players for longer then the 45 mins that I asked. Why? And why can't I do anything about this?

I find after every patch injuries spikes a bit. I always have to reload my first match post patch due to injuries, all players go into match fresh 100%, 4 comes off injured during the game. After the first match it usually even out for me.

I swear, my players have had so many #&%$ing hernias through training it isn't even funny.

It's not even all that common an injury in football AFAIK, my training workload is fine, facilities are good, and only one or two players are known to be overly injury prone, but I'm losing players four or five times a season with various hernias (sports, regular or the dreaded double!) for anything between 1-2 months at a time. If a player gets injured in a match, my odds are pretty much 50/50 that I'll be dealing with a torn hamstring and losing the player for three months.

Apart from that, I've not really noticed an over-abundance of injuries, just that the same ones keep cropping up time after time.

The problem with injuries in the game is that they are almost always mid-to-long-term.

Totally wrong, thats just your perception and has been proven.

If you doubt me then take 5 seasons of your save and make a note of every injury - You'll see that the most common are short term and the least common long term.

i don't mind the occasional injury crisis. Always a challenge though that might just be me! :)

I think it depends who the injury crisis hits - if it wipes out four or five rotation players in positions I can scrape a replacement for, I can live with it, and it gives me a chance to blood some youngsters. :)

On the other hand, when the Injury Gods decide that all five of my centre-backs over the age of 17 should be struck down with everything from calf strains to dislocated shoulders... :p

I've got about 8 games left in my 2nd season with Bournemouth in the Championship trying to make sure I stay up. Pretty much every midfield player bar a couple of wingers is injured. I've had to reluctantly sign Richie Wellens on a free transfer just to have someone to play.

I don't mind though as like you say a lot of clubs go through an injury crisis now and then in real life. Newcastle already mentioned but Man Utd have also had their fair share of defensive problems, leading to them playing Carrick at CB for example.

Is anyone else finding they get a rash of injuries, all of the same variety. And they always come in matches, never in training. I had a whole bunch of gashed legs/dead legs for few weeks, then it seemed that twisted ankles were the order of the day, and now I've just had a match where THREE different players (2 of mine, 1 opposition) suffered broken ribs in the same game. Anyone else noticing this?

Do plenty of fitness training in pre season, rotate your squad for easier games even when they're all fit, and keep the training workload on low when the games are coming thick and fast. This should keep long term injuries down to 2-3 per season for players you will miss. Also, when the game is won, go into your tactics and tell them to take it easier when tackling.

There's been hundreds of posts, and people have uploaded countless of saves. It's also all over every FM fansite AND steam.

This has been an issue since the first patch, but it has never even been acknowledged as such.

I stopped having hopes for this to be fixed long ago, but rest assured, it's not just you. Maybe one day they'll actually play their game before releasing patches (FMC was broken for 2-3 weeks until recently due to a stupid bug introduced on a patch).

If it makes you feel any better, I just lost Messi for 3 months (after having lost Piqué and Alba for 2, and Pedro for 4, not counting countless 3 week injuries).

I think this is the last BIG issue with the ME. If they fix this, and player's stupidity (like not chasing balls within their range, running into the GK, shooting from impossible angles, etc), I'd say FM13 will finally stop being a beta!

Do plenty of fitness training in pre season, rotate your squad for easier games even when they're all fit, and keep the training workload on low when the games are coming thick and fast. This should keep long term injuries down to 2-3 per season for players you will miss. Also, when the game is won, go into your tactics and tell them to take it easier when tackling.

more or less doing this, dont have big problems with injuries... 3-4 different positions players maximum out at the same time (of course, sometimes i have 2 wingers out or something like that, but nothing critical, i always have someone to play with)... and its rare... at least for me...

I usually find i get playes injuerd until i am often left with the bare 11 starters and 5 or 7 subs depending what league i am playing

then never any more until at least one or twop of those are no longer injured .

it got that bad at one stage i made sure i only ever played with a max squad of 20 and never got more than 2 at any time

just got jack rodwell out for 2-3 months and david silva out for 4 months in 2 games. Also, 3 penalties awarded to the opposition in 4 games. Lost 2 of the games 1-0 as a result. Not really certain if this is a penalty bug after update from 13.2.1 to 13.2.2. I have no player set to hard tackling btw.

Also, 3 penalties awarded to the opposition in 4 games. Lost 2 of the games 1-0 as a result. Not really certain if this is a penalty bug after update from 13.2.1 to 13.2.2. I have no player set to hard tackling btw.
there was no match engine changes between the two patches you mention

I'm on my sixth or seventh season. I had one horribly injury prone season and after that I haven't had much for injury problems. The year in which I had injury problems, however, I had a muddy field and didn't get it relaid until I got promoted. Though I imagine that's never an issue with English Premiere League teams...

Archived