youth player attributes

Hello.

I have read some very interesting topics on youth development on here but i would like to get some thoughts on youth player attributes. I try to sign players at 15-16 so i get longer with with them, By the age of 20 they should be good enough to have in and around the first team and pushing for a place if not i sell or release.

So when im looking at a 16 year old as well as taken the report into account i have been looking at a set of attribute requirements i have a must for every youth player.

The requirements below are what i think dont really increase that much over time so i look for these as a indication of player personality and how well they will train. The mininum i look for is 10 in each

Aggression: How much a player asserts himself on the game. I think this may translat to training to.

Natural Fitness:How well a player stays fit when injured, I also use it as a indicater on the injury proneness of the player

technique: Shows the overall potentia development of the technical attributes

Concentration: How well he will learn his duty

Determination: I know this can be increased by tutoring but i like to have this in as defalt, also shows how well he will train.

this is just my opionion i may be wrong in a big way but it has work for me. Im been wondering recently if i can do better in my youth player selection by attributes program, So i putting my thought here to discuss and see what you guys use to choose a youth player.

The things you list aren't player personality though so how does that give you an indication? They also have no bearing on how a player will train either.

I say this a lot recently because everyone has got the detmerination attribute completely wrong. It has no impact on training at all, not sure why people think it does. What makes a player train better than others are hidden attributes, ambition and professionalism. Determination never comes into the equation at all.

Infact you've got all the attributes mixed up and think they do something that they don't.

Agression - you are right until you mention the training bit, then you go completlety wrong. If you forget that last bit you wrote then you are along the correct lines. It's how well he involves himself in incidents, getting stuck in and so on.

Natural fitness - If this is low then he will be less likely to play multiple games in a short space of time. Meaning he struggles to regain his fitness between matches.

Technique - Is how good a player is with the ball at his feet. Nothing more. Someone with high technique can pull off difficult things like through balls, crosses and so on compared to someone with a low attribute for this who'd struggle to do that.

You should have a read of this

Ajax Youth Development – When The Real World Meets Football Manager

Ignore that its about Ajax, the basics of tutoring, personality types and training are same regardless of who you are and in what league.

Archived