Players missing home

I had a player last season from Italy who kept complaining that he was homesick so I let him have leave when he complained. Every time he came back he was complaining that I wasn't playing him - even though he's been on leave for what felt like forever! I ended up selling him. Same thing is happening this season though with a new French striker I've signed. I've just loaned him to Bradford, would this help him to adapt to being in England? Or is he still going to be a moaner next season when he's back with me?

He'll still come back moaning, unless you either bring another French player in and you'll see his profile now says "is finding the presence of player X helpful" or sending him back to France on loan.

Loaning him out in England won't help really :D

I have some French players in my team already... I'll just leave him on loam for now and get him some first team experience, then see how he goes. Hopefully when he's back my 2 other French people will help.

In FM2012 i remember signing Mateo Kovacic (from Dinamo Zagreb) and after 2 weeks he was unhappy with homesick.

I look at his profile and notice that his favourite personal was another player from Dinamo, a very bad player... but also a very cheap player.

So i decide to bring that player in a loan. Of course he never play, but allow Mateo to be happy untill the end of season. In the next season, and after the other player went away after the loan ended, Mateo was already accustomed to the new country (Portugal) and never got homesick again.

To me is always the best solution if possible: Bring a friend in a loan deal.

I had Pepe Reina homesick in my game in 2014. I couldn't believe it. He loves living in England and has his family there (in real life) and was having plenty of matches and had Spanish team mates. It's the most un-realistic case of Homesickness i have ever seen in FM. It was around his 8th year in England!

I had Pepe Reina homesick in my game in 2014. I couldn't believe it. He loves living in England and has his family there (in real life) and was having plenty of matches and had Spanish team mates. It's the most un-realistic case of Homesickness i have ever seen in FM. It was around his 8th year in England!

Not necessarily true :p Both Tevez and Collocini to name a couple of high profile players have both asked to go back home because of being home sick despite having been in the prem for years

Archived