First team transfer offers accepted by....

Afternoon all, quick query.

When you set your head of youth development to accept or reject offers for young players, has anybody ever encountered them accepting offers for transfer listed first team players instead? The two are obviously separate within the responsibilities, but I've just had an offer accepted for a transfer listed 24 year old winger, so my head of youth should be nowhere near that.

I had dropped him to my U21 squad (as I don't have a reserve squad in Ukraine), but I'd still have thought the offer should have come to me. Indeed, I had assumed my head of youth would only look at my youth team...

Any thoughts?

Did you add him to the 'unwanted list', when putting him as transfer listed?

Cause then the DoF will also accept bids, trying to offload the players.

I did, but I made sure in the staff responsibilities I was still responsible for the final word on first team players being sold. Unfortunately it didn't work out like that!

I did, but I made sure in the staff responsibilities I was still responsible for the final word on first team players being sold. Unfortunately it didn't work out like that!

When you transfer listed him, did you select any of the 'accept' options from the transfer status screen (e.g. 'Accept offers more than £100.000, reject lower')?

If you did, then any offer that fulfills the accept criteria will be accepted automatically.

When you transfer listed him, did you select any of the 'accept' options from the transfer status screen (e.g. 'Accept offers more than £100.000, reject lower')?

If you did, then any offer that fulfills the accept criteria will be accepted automatically.

Nope, I just offered him out for a price and hoped the offers would come in. He was worth £900,000 but an offer of £425,000 was accepted...

Archived