Sons on FM13

I don't usually do threads like this, but I just got my first ever son! I had to tell someone...

craig.png

craigreynolds2.png

I was ecstatic just to get a son, but when I signed him and he had 'potential to be a key player for the team', and a 'leading Premier League right back', I literally jumped up, and I haven't stopped grinning since!

So, has anyone else had one they want to share?

:thup:

i love the idea of your own son... but i have few questions about this, if you could answer them... Have you spend all your managerial career in Enfield? because i wonder whether i can have a son joining club that im currently in, even though its my 4th club, or is it some kind of a "reward" for being faithful to the club (myth i heard somewhere). And were you notificated that you have son on his birthday, or only during youth intake, or even you had to notice he's your son by yourself, cause there was no "news" or "message" about it? cheers and grats again

:thup:

i love the idea of your own son... but i have few questions about this, if you could answer them... Have you spend all your managerial career in Enfield? because i wonder whether i can have a son joining club that im currently in, even though its my 4th club, or is it some kind of a "reward" for being faithful to the club (myth i heard somewhere). And were you notificated that you have son on his birthday, or only during youth intake, or even you had to notice he's your son by yourself, cause there was no "news" or "message" about it? cheers and grats again

I've managed at Enfield from the start.

I believe it is nothing but luck whether you get a son, so I'd probably rule out the myth about long term management at one club.

There was no notification, I got my player intake on the usual day, and had a player in there that shared my surname. That was the only indication. I then looked at his 'information' to see that I was indeed his father.

Hope this helps.

Nationality has pretty much no bearing on colour though?!

It will still be weird though. Unless he's adopted.

Surely because I've put my first nationality as English with my second as Dominican. The game would produce a Black or Mixed son.

I'm just interested because I've never ever had a son from playing long term saves since 09.

He's not half bad either. I've had two sons appear on different games though not on FM13 yet, but both were very crap (take after their dad irl, so can't knock SI for realism in my case :D ), so had to shift them on which kind of killed it. :)

....There was no notification, I got my player intake on the usual day, and had a player in there that shared my surname. That was the only indication. I then looked at his 'information' to see that I was indeed his father....

Bit like a late call to appear on Jeremy Kyle show as a contestant, to then have him wave "the all-important DNA results" in your face??....or maybe not. It's been a long day. :(

Nationality has pretty much no bearing on colour though?!

Think about this some more. Obviously if some says they're English, they could be Black, White, Mixed, Asian etc.. But if someone says that they are Dominican, you would expect them to be Black.

I really do hope I get this "Son". I'm too intrigued by this.

Uh oh! No he looks just like you TG.......really.

How old were you ingame when he turned up?

He actually could pass for my son quite easily!

I was 34/35 when he was born, and 51 when he popped up in game.

I like the fact that FM13 clarifies that it is indeed your son, unlike previous versions.

Still no sign of a son for me :(

The fact that, during your epic saves, you've never had a son really made me think I had no chance...

I've still not had an FM13 son :(

But you had a couple on FM11 or 12, wasn't it, iirc?

I looked it up and in FMC if a player retires at your club after at least ten years of service for your club, you get a son in the next intake. Which if the same applies in FM (I'd assume it does) would explain why dafuge never gets one, he has almost no player loyalty.

I looked it up and in FMC if a player retires at your club after at least ten years of service for your club, you get a son in the next intake. Which if the same applies in FM (I'd assume it does) would explain why dafuge never gets one, he has almost no player loyalty.

Really? ;)

I can categorically state that this is untrue for the full version. I've only had one player give 10+ years service that has retired, and he was a free agent when he retired. I then brought him in as staff. AND that was 9 years before I got my son.

1 in 10, 3 in 11 (separate games), 1 in 12.

Wow.

Do you think your son will end up causing disharmony in the team? I could see a good chance of that happening in real life.

No, I'm being quite sensible with his integration into the first team, playing 8 games in the season he came through, and 8 so far this season (plus 3 friendlies), rotating with my current RB, and I sold the rotation RB so that there was no arguments about game-time. Despite me being England manager as well, I haven't capped him, although the u21 manager has capped him for u21's on 4 occasions.

If I get a son i'll start him in all games, even if he is half star potential and rated 3 in everything :lol:

Also, i'll call him for the national team of course. ( And be slammed by the media every game )

does the media pick up on the fact hes your son in the game? promoting or critisizing any inclusion in the team or national team? id hope so, recent example being Alex furgusons son ebing accused of favouritism in having his dads loanees on a few instances.

TG this is your dafuge challenge game?

You lucky sod!!

I've been playing FM for 15 years and never had one

He does look quite useful I'll be honest

It is my dafuge game, yes. I stopped updating in the thread because a couple of seasons after completing it I added the top divisions of France, Spain, Germany, Italy and Holland to make it more competitive as well as make a few more players available.

As dafuge had not ever had even one during his epic challenge saves, I held little hope of ever getting one, but alas, here we are!

Young Craig is developing well and has 4 England u21 caps to his name, but I'm resisting the urge to give him a full cap.

does the media pick up on the fact hes your son in the game? promoting or critisizing any inclusion in the team or national team? id hope so, recent example being Alex furgusons son ebing accused of favouritism in having his dads loanees on a few instances.

No. You don't even get an inbox message to tell you that you even have a son, which is unfortunate.

Archived