PLAYER POTENTIAL & DEVELOPMENT: training workload and intensity

Hello all. I've been setting my team's workload to "High" on weeks with only 1 matches for the obvious reason of getting my squad to develop as quickly as possible, as they're mostly under 20. Yeah that was a lot of rebuilding but that's because I got promoted, got cash and need a much higher quality squad to stay up.

Anyway, I've read the hints and tips and stuff with players peaking between 26-31 for most outfield players. Thing is isn't PA a fixed value? No I'm not one of those to look at it, but it is fixed right? If that's the case don't training workloads (low to average to high to very high) increase the rate in which our players develop their attributes? Wouldn't that change their "peak" attributes ultimately?

Or am I completely mistaken that training workload even has an effect on their rates of development? Or are players who are given lighter training workloads fated to never completely fulfiling their highest potential? ..

OR, as I'm guessing most likely, does increasing workload simply mean that players reach their peaks/PA earlier, and that their peaks will generally last longer since they reach it at younger ages. e.g. 24-31 instead of 26-31. On the downside however they become more susceptible to losing morale due to the workload, or risk injury, etc.

Thanks to any good input in advance. Peace.

Yeah PA is fixed.

If you use individual focus for players then you want to set a low intensity with a high individual workload. That way the players will develop better and be less prone to picking up inuries or becoming more tired because the overall training workload would still be medium.

If you don't use specific training roles or work on individual roles then you'd want a high intensity for training but you'd be training them more generic and not tailoring them into the players you want.

Workloads don't mean someone reaches their peak as such, I think you are reading a bit much into that and taking it in the literal sense. Raising the workload means you are training them harder but that doesn't mean they'll develop faster because you risk injuries, tiredness and bad morale. All which affect player development because it means they'll play less games and suffer set backs.

Thanks. How do you figure this? I've looked around several boards and no one's ever provided a valid source apart from some educated guessing. The only official reference I know of is the manual on the official site which is very shallow in info in general.

But on what you're implying; if lower/higher workloads doesn't affect attribute growth rates as such, what do they do, or how do they differ then??

Thanks. How do you figure this? I've looked around several boards and no one's ever provided a valid source apart from some educated guessing. The only official reference I know of is the manual on the official site which is very shallow in info in general.

But on what you're implying; if lower/higher workloads doesn't affect attribute growth rates as such, what do they do, or how do they differ then??

You've misread what I've put :)

Workload is how hard you are training a player. Juts because someone is training harder doesn't mean they'll hit the PA sooner than someone with a less intense training. You have to factor in things like morale, injuries, tiredness, match experience etc. Injuries stall progression to the more injuries a player as the slower his develpment will be. Someone with rubbish morale will not train as hard and so on. In theory you can work the more professional player a lot harder in training than lets say someone who as a balanced personality. You have to consider other things and not just workload. Training someone harder isn't always best.

Read this thread and you'll see how I train my players;

Ajax Youth Development – When The Real World Meets Football Manager

Plus it explains about personalities and such things.

Archived