It's not easy is it!?

AI keeper kicks the ball out. it bounces just outside my penalty area, goes THROUGH my keeper!!!! 1-0 AI and an own goal. WTF!!!????

man i am giving up on this pile of cow crap....

I've had that goal. A huge clearance from the opposition keeper and it's gone towards my keeper for the easy gather. The commentary actually said "Tim Howard gathers the ball" and the ball then carried on and went into the net.

Had it said Tim Howard misses the ball then ok. Had it said the ball slips through his hands then ok. But when it says GATHERS the ball and then carries on into the net then I'm gonna get frustrated!

I absolutely hate it right now. the shape the game is in is shambles. no way to even remotely enjoy it. you half enjoy a match or two and then sh*te like this happenes! and wham, back to square one. never mind controlling the game, 68% possession, million shots and AI scores on his only 2 crosses. never mind that. but keep me away from stupid moronic sh*te like this!

1) The ME doesn't differentiate human players from the computer.

2) On average the bigger teams end up winning against smaller teams with a ratio that's roughly realistic / to be expected.

3) You (whoever feels addressed) however struggle more against smaller teams than the ratio mentioned in 2).

Conclusion: You (whoever feels addressed) and your tactical decisions are the reason for 3).

The best & first advice would be, to change the highlight setting to at least lower than "key", so you see as much from the match as possble, to get a feeling for what's really going on on the pitch. Trust me, if you don't already have the vibe for the tactical match-ups of two teams and what a game will look like because of it, you will have no clue what the reasons of your eventual failure are just by watching key highlights. It's especially frustrating when you put on a very attacking stance and expect chances, just to see time fly by without any incidents and get angry at the game, when you should be getting angry at yourself for not checking what is going wrong. If you're getting better at handling the match-ups you don't like, you can slowly fade out of the more extensive highlight settings again.

This stands true no matter how awful/awesome one thinks the ME is or what bugs it has or hasn't.

I know you mean well, but please, spare me the patronizing crap like this. FYI i run game on extended and that is kinda enough to get a "feeling". 2: what type of tactics or setup your smart 3 points suggest to avoid stupid goals like this? AI doesnt make a difference? funny, in my 618 hours of playing NEVER ONCE have i seen a goal like that scored vs AI, only by AI vs me.

and i am not bitching about loosing, as i always sit at the top (3) of the table so i win enough. but the MANNER in which I win, or sometimes loose, takes the fun totally out of this game.

so please, pretty please, with sugar on top, dont patronize me again with mindless tactical work-around-AI-ME suggestions.

I know you mean well, but please, spare me the patronizing crap like this. FYI i run game on extended and that is kinda enough to get a "feeling". 2: what type of tactics or setup your smart 3 points suggest to avoid stupid goals like this? AI doesnt make a difference? funny, in my 618 hours of playing NEVER ONCE have i seen a goal like that scored vs AI, only by AI vs me.

and i am not bitching about loosing, as i always sit at the top (3) of the table so i win enough. but the MANNER in which I win, or sometimes loose, takes the fun totally out of this game.

so please, pretty please, with sugar on top, dont patronize me again with mindless tactical work-around-AI-ME suggestions.

I don't know what you're talking about, I didn't quote you nor was I addressing you specifically.

Agree with this in absolutely in every respect. Funny but I can kind of forgive the ME bugs as knock ons from a poor previous patch but how the hell does a patch that increase dibbles or reduces through balls mean that a keeper lets a ball roll through him into the net? Collision avoidance should be about players bumping into each other, not about the GK stopping the ball!

Come back when the next patch hits. Seriously.

The current Match Engine is terrible with its increased long shots, no through balls and super dribblers.

Sure you can work around them, but you shouldnt need to really and they do affect formations massively.

I have set every player to longshots rarely, it helps alot. Also try to make sure midfielders always have someone in a good position to pass to. 4-2-3-1 seems to work pretty good for this.

But yeah, there is defo a problem with longshots and TB's where you have to do slightly unrealistic workarounds to avoid the problem.

Beating underdogs isn't always easy in real life and you do have to take a different approach when a team parks the bus. Just look at how the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool have struggled in recent seasons against so-called weaker teams after beating big teams. That's down to poor tactics.

No it isn't. Its down to losing great players and replacing them with mediocre players (for premiershp). Fabregas, RVP, Nasri replaced by Curly,Larry and Moe. Fabregas could open up any defense with his insane vision and precission passing, while RvP could put the ball in the net. Arsenal don't have that anymore.

When you pay with bananas you get monkeys!

No it isn't. Its down to losing great players and replacing them with mediocre players (for premiershp). Fabregas, RVP, Nasri replaced by Curly,Larry and Moe. Fabregas could open up any defense with his insane vision and precission passing, while RvP could put the ball in the net. Arsenal don't have that anymore.

When you pay with bananas you get monkeys!

Nothing to do with the easiness or otherwise of the game. Football chat is elsewhere

This. I know tactics well. I know about roles, and I know footy.

Also I'm not so much annoyed by the game as I am from a lack of visible action. This game has been broken for nigh a month now, and as I havent touched it for three weeks, playing 12, and waiting for some patch that never arrives. How hard is it to roll out some working patch with the comment 'it's not perfect but it's something'. It feels like everyone is on holiday at SI. :mad:

Also I'm not so much annoyed by the game as I am from a lack of visible action. This game has been broken for nigh a month now, and as I havent touched it for three weeks, playing 12, and waiting for some patch that never arrives. How hard is it to roll out some working patch with the comment 'it's not perfect but it's something'. It feels like everyone is on holiday at SI. :mad:

Patch that never arrives? Never has quite a long time left yet.

'Its not perfect but its something' - totally useless. One could argue that is essentially what they have now, and look where that got them (in terms of meaningless forum anger)

Everyone is on holiday? - What is even the point, how do you know what they are doing?

I'm sure you have your right to vent, but try sticking to correct facts alongside your opinion while you do it.

The post you quoted is also wrong on one major point, and none of your knowledge of 'footy' or his 618 hours changes that. The ME doesn't know if a team is AI or Human. simple

So what, in your opinion, is broken?

Also, this thread is about how easy or not the game is, not whether it's broken or not.

So what, in your opinion, is broken?

Also, this thread is about how easy or not the game is, not whether it's broken or not.

what is broken...?? Now you have got to be kidding me! but okey, I will answer your question. here is what is broken, a list. Read it carefully:

Match v1302

-----------

- Fixed bug where keeper would not prevent team mate's poor control from becoming an own goal

- Fixed one more example of keeper not controlling a backpass

- Fixed players kicking off not always facing correct direction at start of 2nd half

- Fixed AI teams not always setting one central midfielder to a defensive duty

- Improved marking of player running with ball

- Some ball physics collision fixes including the "hole in the net"

- Reduced shots from tight angles

Match v1303

-----------

- Fixed players going for the same ball and both avoiding each other leaving ball loose

- Improved keepers at point blank range slightly

- Improved keeper judgement coming for ball or making save

- Improved angle of non held keeper save

- More last ditch challenges/interceptions in danger area

- Improved defender positioning in own area

- Improved player reactions to loose ball

- Made players in space more likely to try to turn to face opposition goal when on ball

- Increased use of high risk high reward passes in dangerous areas

- Fine tuned general pass choice

- Fixed unrealistic clearances towards own goal

Match v1304

-----------

- Midfields shifting across slightly more when defending

- Tweak to defensive reactions

- Reduced potential instances of wild clearances behind own goal

- Toned down some risky passes slightly from 1303

Match v1305

-----------

- Fix to stop "ghost" goals ( where ball goes in net and no goal awarded )

Match v1306

-----------

- Further fix to ghost goals

Match v1307

-----------

- And another fix to ghost goals

Match v1308

-----------

- Temporarily disabled fix for "ghost" goals as its a bit troublesome and we have no time just now

- Fixed keeper coming to punch ball and then diverting to avoid a collision and hence missing ball completely

- Fixed some instances of keepers saving ball prematurely and getting little purchase on save

- Fixed 3 bugs causing keepers not to attempt saves when they should do

- Fixed keepers making risky quick throws or passes to team mates

- Further fix for defending crosses

- Slight tweak to speed of longer passes

- Fixed wrong team getting throw/corner/goal kick after tackle sends ball out of play

- Toned down long shots taken on weak foot slightly

Match v1309 ( Beta Update & Demo )

-----------

- Sorted out problem with "ghost goal" fix and re-activated it

- Fixed keepers trying to come out and intercept dribbled ball they have no chance of

- Tweaked direct free kicks

- Tweaked headers slightly

Match v1310

-----------

- Improved player reactions to ball in general

- More fixes to general keeper issues

- Small tweak to pressing speed

- Small tweak to range of D-line depth

- Small reduction in boring passes by limited players

- Defenders now drop back at goal kicks when instructed to collect from keeper

Match v1311 ( release day )

-----------

- Fixed keeper fumbling ball on own line for no reason

- Fixed 2 other small keeper anomalies

Match v1312 ( release day hotfix! )

-----------

- Fixed bug where players still think its a free kick after kick is already taken

Match v1313

-----------

- Refined position of d-line and also the lines in front of it when defending

- Brought wingers a bit deeper when defending

- Weaker players more likely to favour direct passes quicker

- Improved short pass accuracy slightly

- Tried to increase number of crosses slightly

- Fine tuned shot accuracy

- Fixed some minor player on ball decision bugs

- Improved trajectory of medium length kicks like free kick shots and corners

- Made players better at offering out ball to team mate

- Tried to improve player reactions to deflected balls or tackles

- Made players more willing to slide tackle when opportunity and need arises

- Fixed some unnatural save directions from keepers

- Fixed keepers trying to save ball at wrong point when its heading for post or bar

- Made players slightly better at turning body while on the run

- Made strongest player stand ground when 2 players collide while going for a header

- Made goal celebration paths a little bit more varied

- Fixed comms saying ball well wide when not really that far wide

- Some ball physics collision tweaks

- Some team talk fixes

Match v1314

-----------

- Further tuned team shape and d-line position when defending

- AM strata now comes back to defend unless set to "all out attack"

- Made d-line shift up when opposing player with ball is successfully pressed

- Made d-line shift back quicker when attacking player is running with pace at them with the ball

- Some tweaks to marking of opponents in own area

- Fixed defenders shifting across as full back engages winger in last third causing bad shape

- Tried to reduce instances of players heading ball they could control a split second later

- Some minor fixes relating to player interception of ball

- Some refinements to off ball movement around ball player

- Some general tweaks to pass choice and on ball decision making

- Some more minor keeper save fixes

- Fixed some instances of woodwork hit not being registered

- Fixed player not waiting to getup before running off to celebrate after scoring a diving header

Match v1315

-----------

- Fixed ultra rare crash when player shoots from close range

- Further small refinements to on ball decisions and pass choice

- Improved direct free kick trajectory slightly

- Improved crossing aim AI

- Fine tuned pass and shot accuracy slightly

- Improved player reaction and awareness of ball generally

- Improved defensive tracking of player running with ball

- Slight reduction of player reaction time to fast curling balls

- Slight reduction of player reaction time when ball a long way away from them especially if not facing it

- Improved defender lateral positioning when defending wide ball

- Fixed winger not staying wide when asked to hug touchline and ball on his side in advanced position

- Goalkeeper should narrow the angle better when a play is running at him at speed

- Goalkeepers should try to move under the ball path even if they think they can't reach it.

- Fixed a bug where the keeper fails to catch a ball if it has just hit the crossbar/post

- Fixed keeper turning ball over bar described as turning it round post

- Fixed some player collision avoidance issues

- Fixed a bug where an offside is given instead of a free kick

for a foul

- Stop a rare teleport bug with goal celebrations

- Fixed animation issues whilst player argues with ref

- Fixed small anomaly in team selection AI

Match v1316

-----------

- Fixed bug causing players to occasionally react too late to pass

- Improved pressing of opponents slightly

- Made players more willing to go for a riskier interception if ball receiver is in a goalscoring position

- Tweaked keeper positioning when facing down attacker

- Reduced pointless passing slightly

- Fine tuned chance of speculative passes slightly

- Refine kick innaccuracy algorithm slightly

Match v1317

-----------

- Fixed defenders not turning quick enough when tracking player running onto through ball

- Reduced likelyhood of players making pass when in clear cut shooting position

Match v1318 ( 13.1 ME hotfix )

-----------

- Fixed keepers not reacting to powerful close range shots

Match v1319

-----------

- More improvements to on ball decision making and pass choice

- Improved central midfielder starting position when team is in possession

- Tweaked midfielder and attacker positions when team is defending

- Fixed a couple of bugs causing players to fail to turn to face required direction properly

- Improved facing direction of player marking opponent who is moving onto a pass

- Fixed bug allowing players being able to partially "go through" other players to get ball without being penalised

- Small tweaks to improve the way players move onto passes or loose balls

- Reduced some instances of closing down of keeper when clearly illogical in context of player and his instructions

- Cleaned up a few bugs that delayed retrieval of ball at set pieces or kick offs

Match v1320

-----------

- A bunch of ball physics fixes mainly related to collisions and ball spin after bounce

- Reduced slightly unrealistic ball to player deflections

- More improvements to pass choice AI

- Tweaks to run with ball and first touch AI

- Reduced tackles that end in own goals

- Some tweaks to basic central midfielder positions

- Fixed some dodgy marking at mid pitch free kicks

- Improved full back positioning when waiting for short keeper distribution

- Improved near and far post corner aim point

Match v1321

-----------

- Some further ball physics fixes and refinements

- Fixed goal not always given if ball stops just over goal line

- Fixed some rare instances of player collision avoidance failing

- Further refinements to pass AI

- Improved pass, shot or header accuracy logic

- Further improvements to player reactions to the ball

- Fixed defences staying to deep just after corner taken

- Refined player positioning when defending free kicks from wide

- Made players press more collectively and aggressively when required

- Improved positioning of defenders against attackers running at pace

- Refined tackling AI a bit

- Improved facing direction while marking opponent around own area

- Fixed some more keeper AI bugs

Match v1322

-----------

- Improved collision avoidance AI slightly

- Fine tuned ball trajectory chosen by player for kick, header etc

- Fine tuned kick and header accuracy logic

- Fine tuned pass and general on ball AI

- Tuned long shot frequency and AI

- Toned down pressing slightly in certain situations

- Improved marking and engagement of ball player in wide areas

- Tuned tackling AI further

- Couple of small fixes to player reactions

- Fixed some small player pathing anomalies

- Fixed a couple of goalkeeper AI anomalies

Match v1323

-----------

- Improved marking and engagement of ball player further

- Fixed some instances of risky keeper distribution

Match v1324 13.2

-----------

- Reverted one change from 1323 that was causing defensive issues

- Fine tuned kick/header accuracy

Match v1325 13.2.1

-----------

- Further refined 1323 code for engagement of ball player

- Toned down speed players can run with ball a little

- Slight toning down of run with ball probability

- Fine tuned kick and header accuracy a little further

Match v1326

-----------

- Tuned dribbling generally

- Fixed issue that counted too many dubious instances of running past opponent

- Toned down poor decision long shots

- Fixed some instances of short underhit passes

- Made keepers more aggressive in meeting short backpasses

- Slight improvement to defender positioning for short goal kicks

- Fixed bug that could cause players to try to clear ball from in front of own goal instead of scooping it clear

Match v1327

-----------

- Improved last ditch tackling and engaging of ball close to own goal

- Slightly reduced defender reactions at lower levels

- Improved engagement of ball player to reduce effectiveness of running with ball

- Fixed some instances where defenders dont engage ball player around own area until its too late

- Further tuned kick and header accuracy

- Reduced aimless passes into channel from high up pitch

- Fixed rare instances of dead ball not being delivered correctly into opposing area

Match v1328

-----------

- Further tweaked defending against ball player

- Fine tuned run past opponent counts slightly further

- Made dribbling slightly harder to achieve at higher speeds

- Made most players a favour more direct passes slightly

- Small fix to player reactions to loose balls

here is what is broken, a list. Read it carefully:

NO, that is what WAS broken. Yes the ME still have issues. But consider how frickin' hard it is to code a realistic ME. Hurts my head just to think about it. And name anyone in the business who do it better than SI?

The game is fully playable and enjoyable, however it has become so advanced that you do need some football knowledge to succeed.

I am sure you were saying he same the 5th of November, 10th of December, 5th of January. I bet you were saying this every time you posted anything. nothing is wrong with the game! nothing is wrong with the ME! its just the tactics! you have to get your tactics right! yeah, right... AND still there is this list. And all things are not fixed, hence 1326, 1327, 1328. Football Knowledge? This is a computer game for chrissakes! and I want to enjoy it as SUCH. no more, no less.

I am sure you were saying he same the 5th of November, 10th of December, 5th of January. I bet you were saying this every time you posted anything. nothing is wrong with the game! nothing is wrong with the ME! its just the tactics! you have to get your tactics right! yeah, right... AND still there is this list. And all things are not fixed, hence 1326, 1327, 1328. Football Knowledge? This is a computer game for chrissakes! and I want to enjoy it as SUCH. no more, no less.

Ehh, no. Just check out my bit..ing in those original feedback threads.

And its more of a simulation than a game. If you buy and play a flight simulator you have to have some knowlegde of planes and flying to be able to land without crashing. If not it's a very bad flightsimulator.

or you are delusional as to your flying ability.

How so? I just said in simulation games you need a bit of knowledge to succeed. And FM has grown to be more of a football simulation than a football game. I made a comparrison, I was not trying to say I'm a darn good pilot or anything like that ;)

Oh, I see what you were saying now. LOL :)

I don't understand it either, I think the problem is the TC churns out terrible tactics, I should be able to choose a basic 4-4-2 and not lose 20 odd games in a row as a result.

Well that do depend on the user. The TC allow you to make good tactics and bad tactics. I do however have an issue with the pre-made tactics. They need quite a bit of tuning to be usable. You can't just load one of them up and expect to win matches.

I also think the old plug and play tactics from earlier versions of the game is part of the problem. People expect the tactics to work under any circumstances, it won't. In FM 13 I adjust my tactics every single game to neutralize threats and expose weaknesses in the opponment.

In FM12 I just used my 4-1-2-3 and never touched it no matter who I played against and what players I had available. Can't do that in FM13.

How so? I just said in simulation games you need a bit of knowledge to succeed. And FM has grown to be more of a football simulation than a football game. I made a comparrison, I was not trying to say I'm a darn good pilot or anything like that ;)

Oh, I see what you were saying now. LOL :)

You did well to see what I was saying, as looking back what I said didn't make sense next to what you said, I read it wrong, apologies!

NO, that is what WAS broken. Yes the ME still have issues. But consider how frickin' hard it is to code a realistic ME. Hurts my head just to think about it. And name anyone in the business who do it better than SI?

The game is fully playable and enjoyable, however it has become so advanced that you do need some football knowledge to succeed.

You might have found it playable by finding a way around the flaws but for a vast amount on here it is not playable.

My last FM was 2011. It was a little on the easy side but I played a 24 season game and was totally addicted. With 2013 I'm into my 2nd season with Aston Villa and placed 7th with a fair bit of cheating (played okay against good clubs but lost a lot of games to bottom dwellers). Even so I spent way too much time tweaking tactics and I've sort of lost interest now. So I started a new game with Man United to make things easier so I can just have fun and not get so frustrated but I'm doing even worse. Rooney and Van Persie can't score goals no matter what my tactics. Might have to use FMRTE if its up-to-date for a cash injection to buy better players to compensate. More realistic -- maybe. Less fun and addictive -- yes. I need an easy mode that emulates previous versions of the game (tactics not as important as the players)!

Hi, just so I understand, you want to add a cash injection so you can buy better players than Rooney and RVP?

what is broken...?? Now you have got to be kidding me! but okey, I will answer your question. here is what is broken, a list. Read it carefully:

I wasn't asking you, I was asking the guy who claimed to know all about tactics, roles, etc. but complained that the guy was broken beyond playability.

Please read posts more carefully in future.

As about new patch/fix/update: "Neil Brock and i quote "Will be released only when it's ready and has been tested. It's not ready, simply put.""

Well, I guess it is fair to say that.

But I´d argue that now it is also fair to say that the whole game isnt ready, hasnt been tested (enough) and shouldnt have been released when it was released. It´s not ready, simply put.

Just trying to be consequent to your line there Neil.

As about new patch/fix/update: "Neil Brock and i quote "Will be released only when it's ready and has been tested. It's not ready, simply put.""

Well, I guess it is fair to say that.

But I´d argue that now it is also fair to say that the whole game isnt ready, hasnt been tested (enough) and shouldnt have been released when it was released. It´s not ready, simply put.

Just trying to be consequent to your line there Neil.

Pray to be ready before FM'14...

If you're gonna delete threads and not let people get views across SI I'll just write it in here. I've had enough now. I've just drawn 3-3 after being 3-0 up and all 3 of the opposition's goals were from back post crosses. The defenders just all watch the ball go past them and the winger at the back post slots home. I don't care if the update is 'ready when its ready' that's not bloody good enough. We're basically testers for FM14 here.

Don't worry I know this post will be deleted and other threads will be deleted from other members but it doesn't take away the fact you have shafted us this year. Absolute disgrace that nearly 3 months after release the ME is unplayable. Please get this update out so we can enjoy this damn game! READY WHEN ITS READY I KNOW

Anyway getting back on topic, my tactics are pretty simple;

4-2-3-1 formation

Attacking strategy

Rigid philosophy

Default passing (not short, as I said earlier)

More roaming

Everything else default

GK - GK (d)

DR/DL - FB (auto)

DCs - CD (d)

MCL - DLP (d)

MCR - DLP (s)

AMR - W (a)

AMC - AM (a)

AML - IF (a)

FC - DLF (s)

At the start of every game I apply the shouts retain possession, pass into space and work ball into box. I will use other shouts depending on how the game is going, perhaps hassle opponents if my possession is low or exploit flanks if they look weak in wide areas.

Overall my tactic is very possession based and players always have passing options, with good variation in attack. I have no problem beating underdogs but can struggle against better sides.

If you're gonna delete threads and not let people get views across SI I'll just write it in here. I've had enough now. I've just drawn 3-3 after being 3-0 up and all 3 of the opposition's goals were from back post crosses. The defenders just all watch the ball go past them and the winger at the back post slots home. I don't care if the update is 'ready when its ready' that's not bloody good enough. We're basically testers for FM14 here.

Don't worry I know this post will be deleted and other threads will be deleted from other members but it doesn't take away the fact you have shafted us this year. Absolute disgrace that nearly 3 months after release the ME is unplayable. Please get this update out so we can enjoy this damn game! READY WHEN ITS READY I KNOW

Perhaps you need to work on defending crosses?

Seriously, the amount of people who have bad results and blame the ME before they even consider that it might be their own fault is beyond belief.

Seriously, the amount of people who have bad results and blame the ME before they even consider that it might be their own fault is beyond belief.

Kenco. are you by any chance MacZidanne in disquise? with new account and name? perhaps?

Yes because I haven't tried different things. You're talking to me like this is the first FM I've ever played. Some people are scared to criticise SI I swear...Of course I've tried looking at what I'm doing.

It doesn't matter how you play, what defenders you have (I've played with small clubs and big clubs) the same goals continue to go in from back post crosses. If it happens from time to time you can accept it but when it happens every game its laughable. Its not just the opposition btw. It happens for me too but even when it happens in my favour its horrid to watch.

Its not just the opposition btw. It happens for me too but even when it happens in my favour its horrid to watch.
And back to topic, what you just wrote is key, because it doesn't happen more often to us than to the AI.

@frustrated people (not Chris21 specifically):

Whether the ME stinks or overperforms doesn't friggin matter, so can people please stop taking dumps in threads and de-railing them.

SI rather open the ME thread again as decoy, it's getting really annoying that other members of this board/community have to suffer from this s...-storm, that doesn't help anyone to keep things informative and constructive for the part of the game that's still fine (or broken, please choose for yourself).

I hope the next reply is not what my stance on a certain part of FM or SI is and a personal remark based on that totally fictional claim and/or something completely off-topic.

If you were leading the game 3-0, and let the opponent come back to a 3-3 draw... then i'm sorry but you are a awful manager!

Comon, cleary the opponent must have changed the tactics to try to score.... and i'll bet you did nothing... so what do you expect?

The opponent change their way to play... you should have change too, in order to counter that.

You did nothing... they score!

In conclusion... the AI manager win against you!

Sometimes it feels easy to play, sometimes it feels as though whatever changes you make to your tactics, they're simply not reflected in the way the ME plays out the matches. There seems to be very little consistency in this ME, and it's probably the most frustrating to watch in the whole series. Quality players are constantly making abysmal decisions when passing the ball, and it feels that quite often they just aren't aware of where other players are or where the ball is.

I've played every version of this game since it first came out, and this is the most confusing and inconsistent yet.

You're talking to me like this is the first FM I've ever played.

You might have been better off if this acctually was the first FM you played, since you seem to cling to how you played in previous FM's. Adapt or lose.

I don't have problems with crossing, many other doesn't either. I conceed 0.7 goals per game (score 2.2) and most of them not from crosses and headers. And I have both my FB's at attacking mentallity.

Yes because I haven't tried different things. You're talking to me like this is the first FM I've ever played. Some people are scared to criticise SI I swear...Of course I've tried looking at what I'm doing.

It doesn't matter how I play, what defenders I have (I've played with small clubs and big clubs) the same goals continue to go in from back post crosses. If it happens from time to time I can accept it but when it happens every game its laughable. Its not just the opposition btw. It happens for me too but even when it happens in my favour its horrid to watch.

Then you should say so in your post instead of just ranting. How do we know what you've tried if you don't tell us?

I criticise the game quite often but always in a constructive way.

Also, edited your second paragraph.

I've been looking for a thread where the venting and circular arguments hang out now that the ME1325 thread is closed. Looks like I've found it.....

My view:

It isn't easy in the sense that it needs more effort than previous CM/FM's, but once that effort is put in, it is easy.

There are ME flaws (through balls, long shots, attacking movement), but they do not render the game unplayable, can be worked around, and indeed the ME produces some of the most fluent football the series has seen.

Whilst I do my best to appreciate the opinions of others, the notion that either having played the game for years, or "knowing" football will make you good at the game, are just nonsensical.

Archived