Great Moments You Read The Game ... Perfectly

For all the gripes and complaints, I am back playing FM 2013 again ... and I just had one of those beautiful moments ...

Celtic v Atletico Madrid, at Celtic Park. 2 - 1 ahead, defending for all my team is worth. Falcao steps up near the end, bullets a header past my keeper ... 2 - 2. Qualification hangs in the balance ...

Then I spot that, for the upteenth time in the game, their goalkeeper is coming out of his box to collect stray balls ... so I put a player right on him, man for man ...

In the last minute of the game, a high ball, kicked straight forward from my right back Marcus Fraser ... the keeper reads it, or thinks he has ... and charges out ... and there is Marco Janko, my striker, his marker, right on top of him ...

BOOOOM! 3 - 2!

For all we complain ... this game has moments like these. And they are magic!

Feel free to share your own moments, when you DID read the opposition perfectly, when you saw something to exploit. For all the negativity, this is still a stunning game at times.

Top piece of management, cant say Ive done anything like that, I used to on one of the older versions actually look at the squad of who i was playing and if they had a short rb or something match him up with a big player things like that but its far to much effort

Just played a game against arsenal and they had started to but us on the backfoot. was 2-1 up and went on overload and used attacking shouts such as 'get ball forward' and went up 3-1 and they pulled it back to 3-4 but final score was a lovely 4-2 win. I love big risks like that :p

Edit: They actually pulled it back to 2-2 and i eventually won 4-2

My second season and the last game of the season in the Swedish Second Division East Götaland playing as Oskarshamns AIK, and been trailing behind Vimmerby IF and Husqvarna FF the whole season.

On the last day I managed to get level on points with Vimmerby and 1 point behind Husqvarna with my last game being against Husqvarna at home. I was a ball of nerves before the match as only the top team gets promoted and I worked so hard the entire season to try and win promotion and this was the deciding moment.

I sat for about an hour analyzing Husqvarna's team and adjusting my own. I desperately needed a win (I wasn't too worried about Vimmerby as I had a better goal difference of 8 goals). I set my team to try and control the game by keeping possession and overloading the midfield so they wouldn't have any space to maneuver.

The game started okay and I felt a bit at ease but then Husqvarna slowly started to get a grip on the game and by half-time I was down 2-0. I had given up at this point and I just let the assistant manager give the half-time talk. and continued to the 2nd half. As the game progressed I noticed that there left back tended to stray out of position quite a bit. My right winger at the time was an ace at crosses so I immediately focused passing down the right, set my right back to attack and set the team to counter attack. I also took off my leading scorer to put in a cheap bargain buy that was the only target man in my team (his only decent attributes were heading and jumping).

By the 70th minute I was still 2-0 down but the tactics were working. I managed to get a few attempts on goal and then after some great play from my winger down the right he passed to the overlapping right back and with an early cross found the head of my substitute striker. 2-1 and things were looking better but I was getting desperate and the opposition were getting more defensive. So I overloaded the game and with 5 minutes to go a great pass from my striker set my winger free on goal with just the keeper to beat. 2-2 and I was starting to feel the tides changing. I quickly had a look at Vimmerby's game and they were winning 1-0 so only one more goal for my team and we would have made it. With injury time ticking away a long ball from defence found my left winger on the counter and with players piling up in the box the cross came in to the far post with my right back out-jumping the opposition defender and scoring the most memorable goal I have ever seen in an FM game.

There was a slight scare just before full time but my keeper was up to it. I had won the division and won us promotion after being touted as relegation candidates at the beginning of the season. Needless to say I rewarded my right back with a new contract and the substitute striker was going to be released the next season but I held on to him and use him a super-sub (although he hardly gets goals, I still use him as he's always in the thick of the action).

Busy fighting relegation in the Swedish First Division South at the moment but the team proved their worth to me and I'm sure there's more to come from them just need to get over this current poor run of from.

fielded a weaker team against the wee club from the north east due to having a match against City a few days later, struggling in the game bring on a couple of first teamers take control and eventually win the game.

and to boot won the derby 7-0 :lol:

had a few games where i hit overload and made a sub with 20 minutes to go and 2-0 and won 3-2.

My second season and the last game of the season in the Swedish Second Division East Götaland playing as Oskarshamns AIK, and been trailing behind Vimmerby IF and Husqvarna FF the whole season.

On the last day I managed to get level on points with Vimmerby and 1 point behind Husqvarna with my last game being against Husqvarna at home. I was a ball of nerves before the match as only the top team gets promoted and I worked so hard the entire season to try and win promotion and this was the deciding moment.

I sat for about an hour analyzing Husqvarna's team and adjusting my own. I desperately needed a win (I wasn't too worried about Vimmerby as I had a better goal difference of 8 goals). I set my team to try and control the game by keeping possession and overloading the midfield so they wouldn't have any space to maneuver.

The game started okay and I felt a bit at ease but then Husqvarna slowly started to get a grip on the game and by half-time I was down 2-0. I had given up at this point and I just let the assistant manager give the half-time talk. and continued to the 2nd half. As the game progressed I noticed that there left back tended to stray out of position quite a bit. My right winger at the time was an ace at crosses so I immediately focused passing down the right, set my right back to attack and set the team to counter attack. I also took off my leading scorer to put in a cheap bargain buy that was the only target man in my team (his only decent attributes were heading and jumping).

By the 70th minute I was still 2-0 down but the tactics were working. I managed to get a few attempts on goal and then after some great play from my winger down the right he passed to the overlapping right back and with an early cross found the head of my substitute striker. 2-1 and things were looking better but I was getting desperate and the opposition were getting more defensive. So I overloaded the game and with 5 minutes to go a great pass from my striker set my winger free on goal with just the keeper to beat. 2-2 and I was starting to feel the tides changing. I quickly had a look at Vimmerby's game and they were winning 1-0 so only one more goal for my team and we would have made it. With injury time ticking away a long ball from defence found my left winger on the counter and with players piling up in the box the cross came in to the far post with my right back out-jumping the opposition defender and scoring the most memorable goal I have ever seen in an FM game.

There was a slight scare just before full time but my keeper was up to it. I had won the division and won us promotion after being touted as relegation candidates at the beginning of the season. Needless to say I rewarded my right back with a new contract and the substitute striker was going to be released the next season but I held on to him and use him a super-sub (although he hardly gets goals, I still use him as he's always in the thick of the action).

Busy fighting relegation in the Swedish First Division South at the moment but the team proved their worth to me and I'm sure there's more to come from them just need to get over this current poor run of from.

keep the faith with your target man/deep lying forward. these guys can score goals but they usually act as a fake forward and the real goalscorer is a strike partner or amc with attack duty. they usually make holes in the defence by bringing markers with them, they get the ball, pass, and the real striker has moved into the hole and is usually free on goal.

Archived