How to best use my tall guy upfront

I'm playing Worchester and I have a player (Symons) who makes the ideal TM, with high rates in jumping, heading, bravery, strength etc. In fact I don't think there's a player more qualified for the TM role than him in my league. However I can't figure out how to make best use of him. I have several pacy wingers, one of which I am retraining as a striker because he'd make a good poacher. My other best striker is more of a deep lying forward and on the slow side (I've unsuccesfully been trying to get rid of him and now I'm wondering if I can somehow combine him with the TM).

I use Target man but i set them to deep laying forward, they seem to play better in that role.

I key attributes i look for are First touch, heading, jumping, agression, bravery, determinantion , teamwork, work rate. strengh.

I also look for anticipation, He will anticipat and receive the ball better, composure. he will be able to pass the ball under pressure, helps for shooting to. and creativity.

I place him in a Deep laying forward role with hold up ball, he will stop the ball and look for pass before moving on. I use Move into channels to. he will move around and into space, if the defenders are tight marking then he will make holes in the defence. hence why i look for composure, he can still get a pass off if tightly marked.

that really depends on the formation you play and the ability of your players. if you would lot lots of help and decent advice. make a new topic with screen shots of you tactics and formation and the league you play in. in this forum are some of the very best tactic guys in the bussiness they will repsond offering you advice.

look at this post http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327822-Asking-For-Help-PLEASE-READ-THIS. use this and the guys here will get you up and running in no time :)

That's the thing, I don't have a particular tactic in mind. I have a couple of building blocks (as menioned: a TM, a deep lying forward, several pacey wingers) and looking for the best approach to utilise these. I've mostly been trying a balanced strategy with more direct passing, with TM box ticked, pass onto head and TM set to support duty - it hasn't gotten the big guy involved nearly as much as I'd like him to be.

I play a poacher along side my DLF who i play a TM. seem to work pretty well. My passing set to short as my team are good passers for the league we in. my DLF moves around very well to receive the ball. I play 3 in the middle the CM is the ball winner and the amcr and amcl play an attacking role who also move into channels for the DPF to lay off to.

-----GK-----

FB-DC-DC-FB

-AM-BW-AM-

---P--DLF---

Archived