Player transfer value, can I alter what they want?

Well there is a young 19 year old who is going to be a star DM current value 6 mil so i go in and they want 29mil. I say no and talk up the player who suddenly thinks he owes it to himself to move and gets transfer listed, but for 21.5mil Which well I cannea afford. Anyway I can get them to lower that or will he now end up going else where.

The club selling will have a value they want to sell for and that is essentially that. It's their valuation of him at that point in time. If I have something you want, that I don't want to sell because it's valuable to me, and I stick a value of a tenner on it, I'm not going to sell it for a fiver. His valuation will drop when his contract nears its expiry date, if he still wants to leave then he'll likely not re-sign with the club so they'll lower their value instead of losing him for nothing.

But unless you want to offer them something close to or matching their valuation over 48 months, you're pretty much stuck. There's no way I know of to magically make a club lower their valuation of a player I'm afraid.

sometimes clubs do lower their asking prices over period of weeks, but its usually for transfer listed by them, not for transfer listed by request... so in theory they can go lower, but definitely wont go below 19mln if at all... remember as well that price may go up if more clubs will "join the hunt"

well then just add a new manager and manage that other side and then you can do a free transfer ;)

either that or keep praising him in the media and bag the manager and just wait until his contract runs down to be under 1 year left

Offer a decent upfront fee. Offer some money over 48 months. IF your club is a lot bigger than theirs then offer a friendly, Offer percentage of next sale or percentage of profit of next sale. See if they are interested in one of your players and exchange. If you want him bad then do what you can, try everything. Ask the board for money. Just try everything but it's unlikely you will get them to reduce the asking price very much, especially because they seem to rate that player just as highly as you

Archived