[FM13] An Adventure in Resigning When Things Get Tough (Journeyman)

CarltonBanks

I'd like to start off by saying thanks for everyone who followed my first thread. I ended up having computer problems, most of my ram went bad, and I had to reformat, so I lost my old save. Now I've got a fresh PC with 4 GB of RAM instead of 1GB so I can do a much larger database. So without further delay, I present my second foray into FM:

An Adventure in Resigning When Things Get Tough

Leagues Loaded:

Bulgaria - Down to B Group

England - Down to Regional and County Primary Leagues

Holland - Down to Juliper League

Italy - Down to Seria C2

Romania - Down to Liga II

Scotland - Down to Scottish Third Division

Turkey - Down to 1.Lig

Ukraine - Down to Persha Liha

I also have several leagues like Spain, USA, and Russia on view-only.

Medium Database ~50k players

Start date: July 2012

Here we go! Next post will be first job.

New Job!

plymouthjob.png

Got the first job I applied for, and boy is it an interesting one. Within the past couple of years, Plymouth Argyle has been in administration, and faced successive relegations before barely staying in League 2.

Plymouth Argyle

Plymouth_Argyle_FC_crest.png

Plymouth Argyle Football Club is an English professional football club, based in Plymouth, Devon, that plays in Football League Two.

Since becoming professional in 1903, the club has won five Football League titles, five Southern League titles and one Western League title. The 2009–10 season was the club's 42nd in the second tier of English football. The team holds the record for most championships won in the third tier, having finished first in the Third Division South twice, the Third Division once and the Second Division once.

The club takes its nickname from an English religious group that left Plymouth for the New World in 1620. The club crest features the Mayflower, the ship that carried the pilgrims to Massachusetts. The city of Plymouth is the largest in England never to have hosted top-flight football. They are the most southern and western League club in England.

800px-Home_Park.jpg

Home Park is an all-seater football stadium in the Central Park area of Plymouth, England, and is the home of Football League Two club Plymouth Argyle. The ground, given the nickname the Theatre of Greens by the club's supporters, has been Argyle's permanent residence since 1901. After undergoing considerable development in the 1920s and 1930s the ground suffered heavy damage during the Second World War. It was re-opened in time for the resumption of the Football League in 1945 and underwent further improvements in the 1950s, including the installation of floodlights and a new Grandstand, designed by architect Archibald Leitch. The ground remained relatively unchanged until 2001 when construction of three new all-seater stands commenced. The work was completed in February 2002, and after further work the stadium became all-seated in the summer of 2007.

finances.png

As you can see, the finances are in a terrible state. Thankfully we're not in the red yet, but I have very little money to work with, especially for a League 2 team. Maybe I'll have an outstanding squad?

pasquad.png

Of course not. There's a few decent prospects on there, but a lot of pretty poor players. Those three injuries are also 2-3 months each, so that's going to hurt as well.

My first friendly is in just 3 days. I have almost no budget. I'd say staying up would be a good goal, since we barely stayed up last year, but the board expect no less than promotion. Here's to hoping I can work some magic.

Pre-Season 2012/2013

preseason1.png

Overall this pre-season was not a good omen. The only real positive is that we not only held ManU to just three goals, we also managed to score one. My first competitive match is next, away at MK Dons in the League Cup.

I was not at all busy in the transfer area, due to having such a small budget to work with. I brought it a central defender that my scouts rated at 5 stars, and could not for the life of me unload anyone.

tranfers1.png

Onward, to the real season!

Archived