How to say no to FairPlay?

Couple of questions actually regarding FairPlay.

IRL players sometimes don't follow the FairPlay 'rules' strictly...it happens, we all know it but it FM players are always willing to put the ball out for an opponent that is injured.

1) Is there anyway to stop this from happening, say instruct your players not to do it in the last 15min of a match you are loosing. Or tell them not to give the ball back? I know it ins't correct, just wondering don't plan to use it even if I can...

2) Just happened to me in the last match agains Chelsea (vs. Arsenal). A. Cole was injured, my CD was in control but decided to put the ball out for him to get medical help. The physio comes in and Chelsea has a throw in, but instead of returning the ball to my team they just take a regular throw in and go for the attack !! How?? Can my team do the same? I have saved the game in case SI want to take a look a it...

3) I watch the game in full but when I've saved this game I can now only watch highlights? Or am I missing an option to watch the full game again? Because even in the extended highlights one can only see Chelsea take the throw in and not my player putting the ball out despite being in complete control and without any pressure...

In FM13 at any rate, the answer would seem to be to arrange for another one of your players to stand in the way (I've had at least two instances of a player trying to put the ball out and booting it straight at someone, with the ricochet then falling to another player who just carries on...)

As I play commentary only and key moments only I have no idea of any of this.

However, there are some hidden attributes like 'sportsmanship' and maybe 'controversy'. I guess (not) having those for the player who is in control of the ball / throw in, may affect how it is dealt with.

Thanks you guys for your replies.

I think that all the issues regarding fairplay should be revised by SI to make it more realistic...

There should be some kind of 'team fairplay rules' so that everybody knows what to do in specific circumstances of the match in regard to FairPlay.

I recently had my team kick the ball out while 2-1 down in the Champions League final in the 119th minute of extra time. When one of our players had been hurt. While on the attack. While losing. Ridiculous.

SI need to stop programing these hard coded things like 'hat-trick penalties' and kicking the ball out and give it to the manager to control.

Archived