An extra for Contract Negotiations for new players

Good idea ?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea ?

• Yes
    • No

I feel it would be a really good idea to add something extra to the contract negotians which i imagine they have in real life.

For example i am West Ham and i was in a war to sign Tom Ince with QPR.

He choose QPR in the end despite them finishing 1 Place of relgation last season ( In my save )

He chose QPR for the extra 6k PW wages !!!! now if i could of sad something like " we are aiming for eurpoean qualification this season " he would see the prospect of eurpean football which may of changed his mind !!!!!!

This would be very benefical to lower league teams with lesser rep that are tring to sign emerging players to play 1st team now on a bit less wages as opposed to joing United,City,Chelsea etc to be a bit part player and maybe one for the future ???

Other suggestions could be -

I see you as being my starting * enter postion *

You signing would push us towards expanding our reputation

I see you as a player who can lead this club to glory

You will be my capatin

etc . . .

What do you guys reckon ???

PS - this should not be compulsary but there as an extra option to get the extra lure.

I agree. I think the added incentive of letting a player know he is going to be your starting striker or competing for a European place against a club battling relegation would be a good addition to the contract negotiations.

It's a good idea, but in a way isn't the Squad Status you offer something similar, albeit less detailed?

The key issue is how effective such options are going to be against the Almighty Reputation that rules the gameworld in FM...

Yeah but you cant really sell the club to a player with that, yes you can tell him roughly where he will feature, but id love to tell a player im bringing him to my club to push us to qualify for Europe, or that he should come to my smaller club to get some games and put himself into the shop window for a bigger club.

Yeah but you cant really sell the club to a player with that, yes you can tell him roughly where he will feature, but id love to tell a player im bringing him to my club to push us to qualify for Europe, or that he should come to my smaller club to get some games and put himself into the shop window for a bigger club.

Dont you say that already when, in the contract offer, you set his status (key players, first team, rotation, etc)?

I had players that i could sign simple because i offer them a key player status.

i dont know if it has been mentioned or is even in the game but i think i would be good if you could sign a hot prospect player and able to send them back to the club on-loan for a season or two. i know you ca delay the deal till the end of the season but if there was away as part of the deal / contract that you could say 'you've got a bright future go get some game time back at your old club' sort of thing

I like the idea of this but would maybe be better implemented in the similar vein to the conversations you can have when you take over a club.

For instance when your offer has been accepted and you get the news message to offer contract there could be an option to talk to player where a conversation will take place and then once that is finished you will move directly to the contract screen.

This could also be linked to manager promises so that when a player signs he already has some promises made to him.

Some kind of conversation definitely needs to come into the game. For a lot of players i assume how the meeting goes with a manager (whether on the phone or in person) when the manager tells the players his plans for him and the club will have a massive impact on whether they sign or not. The wages/contract length will come after that

Would be interesting to see a 'favoured position' type option, so for example you could sign Walcott and say I see you as a striker, which might make him more inclined to join.

Options to tell the player about your ambitions and plans, like say we are upgrading the stadium or my aim is to play passing football etc. Other options to sell the club to him aside x amount per week.

The position one would be the best. As already you can tell someone they will be first team/key player but the position is the main key as Walcott has shown. He is willing to stay/leave Arsenal in real life to play in the ST role but this option is not on FM which should be.

As if you are a bottom half prem club and a middle/top half club is rivaling you for a player that can play on the wing or as a striker, but wants to play as a striker, you should be able to offer him the incentive of playing ST for you where as other club may only want him as a winger. Than in the contract it's agreed that a certain % of games he plays has to be in the ST role otherwise a minimum fee release clause is activated like a similar one if you go down or fail to go up etc.

The positional thing is great in concept, but its implementation worries me...

The conversation about the future plans may work well too, but it's another part which could go very wrong, very easily.

Anyone with some feedback about the "playing style promise" they added in FM13? Is it merely a cosmetic touch to add a line or two in the board's monthly evaluation?

Been in this situation numerous times and wished there was an option like some of these.

I like the 'sending player back to old club' on loan for a year or two, especially if you have just bought an 18 year old from Scunthorpe, who was born in the town and has the side as his favorite BUT he is not good enough for your squad yet. I know you can loan him out to clubs, but it would be nice to see an option to send him back a hero to his old side for a year or two. :)

Another option i would like to see is offering a player on loan to a specific side that YOU choose, not an affiliated one.

I`m sure managers IRL managers (ferige) have offered players like cleverley and welbeck to specific sides and not offered them to the whole world.

While the idea is good, I doubt these things would be written into a contract, but they may well be a factor in a player deciding which club to join, and if one of the promises is not kept, he could become unhappy.

Maybe a separate section of negotiations could be for player promises made prior to signing.

Archived