To Many Star Regens! :( What to do?

So..

I sold everyone in Liverpool just about, and signed around 2 teams worth of 4.5-5 star potential youngsters!

All these young guys have kept there potential ratings well, so there all going to be stars if I give them game time, train them correctly etc..

But now the issue is, I have way to many star players, and I don't have a clue who to sell, they are all going to be world class!

Main Team

liverpoolteampot.jpg

Reserve Team

liverpoolreservepot.jpg

Under 18's

liverpoolu18pot.jpg

Normally, if I sign a young player, and he can't hold his initial potential level, his star rating will drop. I have had the odd player do this, and sold them off. However I am getting 85% or there a bout's, success rate of maintaining players potential..

thats one of the main issues with the game, i wish there was a mod to hide potential ability

That is not really an issue in this case, you can tell just at the main stats page what the player's potential will be..

albertoval.jpg

And

joser.jpg

And I have this guy coming next season, for FREE!

exteve.jpg

They're pretty good, and according to my scouts, are only half way to their potential!

That is my probel atm. I`m in 2022 and have a ton of excellent players who i have brought up since they were 15 but i simply do not have enough space to satisfy them all, so i just narrow it down to how many i need to sell by picking the UGLY ones!! and i also add on 50% of next transfer.

That is my probel atm. I`m in 2022 and have a ton of excellent players who i have brought up since they were 15 but i simply do not have enough space to satisfy them all, so i just narrow it down to how many i need to sell by picking the UGLY ones!! and i also add on 50% of next transfer.

Ugly as in, ugly looking??

lol.

I do not know what to do. I just signed as many English players I could as I only had Wilshere at one stage.. I sort of want to keep a lot of them, Mex is a gen.

thats one of the main issues with the game, i wish there was a mod to hide potential ability

It would be good if there wasn`t a 5 star potential but only a 3 star as this would be even harder to find the next big gun.

I mean, if it was like the current CA and PA it could be like...1 star - 1-69 PA 2 star - 70-139 PA and 3 star - 140-200 PA

Not to rain on your parade, but you could always try not signing so many players.

Seriously, it's one of the basic tenets of management - keep your squad manageable. Signing a player that you don't know how you're going to use is just throwing your money away - it doesn't matter whether he's the new Leo Messi or the new Emile Heskey, if all he's going to do is warm up the keeper at half-time, he's no use to you as a manager.

If you've got players you can definitely see playing for you at some point in the future, but have better first-teamers at the moment, then you can always send them out on loan (or possibly even sell them on, but with a buy-back clause in the future). But it seems that OP's problem is a combination of a loose wallet and looking so far into the future that he forgets about the season in front of him.

However, there's certainly mileage in the idea that there are a lot more world-class regens turning up this year than I've noticed in previous years.

Not to rain on your parade, but you could always try not signing so many players.

Seriously, it's one of the basic tenets of management - keep your squad manageable. Signing a player that you don't know how you're going to use is just throwing your money away - it doesn't matter whether he's the new Leo Messi or the new Emile Heskey, if all he's going to do is warm up the keeper at half-time, he's no use to you as a manager.

If you've got players you can definitely see playing for you at some point in the future, but have better first-teamers at the moment, then you can always send them out on loan (or possibly even sell them on, but with a buy-back clause in the future). But it seems that OP's problem is a combination of a loose wallet and looking so far into the future that he forgets about the season in front of him.

However, there's certainly mileage in the idea that there are a lot more world-class regens turning up this year than I've noticed in previous years.

While I see your point, I at one stage had over 100mil as transfer budget and nearly 1mil in wages spare, and did not need to spend it.

I won't get double next season, I just lose it, so I spend it.

I am going to go through my squad end of this season, streamline it. Most of my players are worth 10+mil, some even 30mil now, so will get quite so cash out of it..

Soz, double post for some reason..

But it doesn't matter how much you have in the transfer kitty - if you've got a good squad, by spending that money, you're just wasting that money AND making your life more difficult by giving yourself a large squad that you haven't got a hope of keeping happy. Just because you have it doesn't mean you have to spend it.

Point in case - I'm managing Leicester in 2017/18. We're comfortably mid-table fodder, regularly getting humped by top four teams, but doing pretty well against most other teams. This summer, I had £16m to spend, and a £100k gap in my wage bill. However, after an exhaustive search of the transfer market, there simply wasn't anyone I felt could improve my squad at a sensible price. Sure, I could have gambled £85k a week and £12m on a player who *might* have done that, but if it didn't work out, I've just made my job harder for the next season or two.

Bottom line is, sometimes it's actually a better move not to make a signing. There's always January if the first few months identify a particular problem area or if you get a rash of injuries.

Archived